It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Respect other community members and moderators/administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Some tips about making a strong mech?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:56 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

I recently discovered Supermech, great game...
Anyway, I made a mech that started off pretty good, all top and side weapons are electric and I had over 100 winning streak...
Now after reaching level 15 I have a losing streak :/
I noticed most people's guns I faced did 50-60 damage while mine are only 30-40
I have bought the latest electric guns and are level 3/4 upgrade

But they never even reach 50 damage.... Is it that electric guns are not powerful or am I doing something wrong?

Post subject: Re: Some tips about making a strong mech?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:20 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Kish200 wrote:
Anyway, I made a mech that started off pretty good, all top and side weapons are electric and I had over 100 winning streak...

But they never even reach 50 damage.... Is it that electric guns are not powerful or am I doing something wrong?

Want a tip on making a strong mech? USE TOKENS. Want a tip on making an effective mech? OPEN PACKAGES. Those weapons that deal beyond 50 damage are weapons that are either epic or legendary. And normally, these weapons are only acquired by opening packages. As your level increases, so does the cost of these boxes. Instead of saving up for expensive but basic weapons, push your luck on opening packages. You may never know what treasure awaits. Want a tip on making a tactical mech? FOCUS ON ONE WEAKNESS. There are weapons that, when used in combination, make mechs lose energy or overheat so quickly that the enemy mech can no longer move. Use a set of weapons that focus on one weakness of mechs without jeopardizing your mech's safety measures. Many tactical players use heat weapons to immobilize enemies. The same goes with those players that use electricity weapons to disable the enemies' energy.

That's all from me. If I may suggest, seek for the advice from actual professionals of this game. They may offer to you another secret (that I probably not know of). Have a nice day. Don't give up just yet.

Name In-Game: Attack Here
Alliances: Havoc Mastery (HM).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:11 am 
Captain
Captain

just after reading the title I have to say something
SWITCH OVER TO BD OR BG and forget Supermechs

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:51 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

philippinexile1995 wrote:
Kish200 wrote:

Want a tip on making a strong mech? USE TOKENS. Want a tip on making an effective mech? OPEN PACKAGES. Those weapons that deal beyond 50 damage are weapons that are either epic or legendary. And normally, these weapons are only acquired by opening packages. As your level increases, so does the cost of these boxes. Instead of saving up for expensive but basic weapons, push your luck on opening packages. You may never know what treasure awaits. Want a tip on making a tactical mech? FOCUS ON ONE WEAKNESS. There are weapons that, when used in combination, make mechs lose energy or overheat so quickly that the enemy mech can no longer move. Use a set of weapons that focus on one weakness of mechs without jeopardizing your mech's safety measures. Many tactical players use heat weapons to immobilize enemies. The same goes with those players that use electricity weapons to disable the enemies' energy.

That's all from me. If I may suggest, seek for the advice from actual professionals of this game. They may offer to you another secret (that I probably not know of). Have a nice day. Don't give up just yet.

Took the item boxes and guess what.... Found 3 legendary weapons plus 4 epic and 2 rare...
Thats good I suppose? Lols thanks
Btw any ideas whats strongest, legend, rare, epic?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:37 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Kish200 wrote:
Took the item boxes and guess what.... Found 3 legendary weapons plus 4 epic and 2 rare...
Thats good I suppose? Lols thanks
Btw any ideas whats strongest, legend, rare, epic?

The weapons that we label as the strongest depends on the play style of every player. Normally, legendary weapons are the strongest. But if you combine weapons correctly, even a pair of simple, rare weapons can prove to be as lethal as one legendary weapon. In my most recent mech (Sorry, I do have three accounts after "testing the waters" in the game), I mostly have legendary and epic weapons and equipment with a few rares to go with it. Guess what, I'm already fighting against those who boost with tokens (Which means, my luck has finally crashed again just like the times when I used my previous accounts). It's not always good to get the best weapons of the game. That's because a lot of people have these weapons these days. If I were you, either build an effective mech or build a strategic mech. But of course build a strong mech if you can use tokens. That's all the information I can offer. To come to think of it, why would you invest on strong weapons if you can invest on strong armor? After all, mechs are literally tanks with feet.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:21 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Building a strong mech in this game is a very iterative process. My suggestion is this:

1. Play a bit to get a sense of how the game works
2. Look at what successful mechs have in common
3. Develop an idea of what you think will work well based on the above
4. Play your new mech a tonne
5. Watch your replays and figure out what parts of your mech work well and which don't really contribute much to your successes
6. While watching your replays look at what tactics you used that worked well and which didn't
7. Think about how your mech's parts flow into a logical strategy (e.g. if you have a tonne of heat weapons it likely makes sense to try to overheat your enemy)
8. Refine your mech based on the results of 5, 6, and 7.
9. Go back to step 4.

Also, I'm always happy to take some time to play a few matches with people and discuss their thoughts from steps 5, 6, and 7.

Check me out on YouTube!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:56 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Always remember the little things count while building a mech. Most people will generally assume the higher HP and the higher damage your weapons do, the better off you are.

However (especially as you get higher up through the levels) you seriously have to consider other things. For example, I play at level 16. I had a mech that dominated and was fairly unbeatable unless I was matched against a top level 18. Then the popularity of the energy builds came through and I found my mech would lose EVERY game to them. I went and took a look at my mech and changed a few things. Firstly I swapped out my multi-resistance module for a physical and electrical resistance module. On top of the I swapped one of my heat/energy module for a base energy module. With those two changes alone, I was able to dominate level 16 again. I'm unable to play at level 30 because I simply don't understand the mechanics at the level. The little things count a hell of a lot more and what one top player may have as a strong winning mech, another play won't be successful with at all because they simply won't understand how to use the mech (my problem :P)

When building a mech you have to take everything in to consideration. Yes a weapon might do a lot of damage, but will you ever get in range, is the bullets/rockets required worth it to take up a module slot. On top of this sometimes you have to think about whether a health module is ideal for your mech (or multiple). Yes you might have more health but if you find yourself overheating or running out of energy too easily, you're going to miss out on too many turns for it to matter.

Find that healthy balance with the items you have, and know even the slightest change will make the biggest difference even if you don't feel like it will :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:00 pm 
Captain
Captain

Andy wrote:
Always remember the little things count while building a mech. Most people will generally assume the higher HP and the higher damage your weapons do, the better off you are.

However (especially as you get higher up through the levels) you seriously have to consider other things. For example, I play at level 16. I had a mech that dominated and was fairly unbeatable unless I was matched against a top level 18. Then the popularity of the energy builds came through and I found my mech would lose EVERY game to them. I went and took a look at my mech and changed a few things. Firstly I swapped out my multi-resistance module for a physical and electrical resistance module. On top of the I swapped one of my heat/energy module for a base energy module. With those two changes alone, I was able to dominate level 16 again. I'm unable to play at level 30 because I simply don't understand the mechanics at the level. The little things count a hell of a lot more and what one top player may have as a strong winning mech, another play won't be successful with at all because they simply won't understand how to use the mech (my problem :P)

When building a mech you have to take everything in to consideration. Yes a weapon might do a lot of damage, but will you ever get in range, is the bullets/rockets required worth it to take up a module slot. On top of this sometimes you have to think about whether a health module is ideal for your mech (or multiple). Yes you might have more health but if you find yourself overheating or running out of energy too easily, you're going to miss out on too many turns for it to matter.

Find that healthy balance with the items you have, and know even the slightest change will make the biggest difference even if you don't feel like it will :)

hey we arë waiting for our signatures

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:13 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Which is better, energy drain or overheat? I want to make a sound decision. Please help me.

Spoiler:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:54 am 
Corporal
Corporal

philippinexile1995 wrote:
Which is better, energy drain or overheat? I want to make a sound decision. Please help me.

Spoiler:

I think over heating is better as it forces the opponent to cool down whilst energy drain only prevents from using teleportation, drones, harpoons etc but with players that have heat or physical weapons are usually unaffected so to me over heating is good mate

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next