It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Respect other community members and moderators/administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Computer automatically shutting down player engine
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:03 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

pumbaa wrote:
I was playing the single player campaign and I had the computer robot's health points down to five and my robot's health was at fifty. I was going to finish him with my Almace but I was over heating and the computer shut my engine down twice taking both of my options and gave the computer his turn and he killed me. On your next update I would like you to reprogram the system and to tell it not to do that to players, THERE IS A BUTTON ON THE WEAPONS AND SPECIALS SCREEN THAT LETS YOU SHUT THE ENGINE DOWN BY YOURSELF. So what is the point of having the system shut your engine down if you can do it your self? One more thing on that same match he was able to kill me because when it was his turn to play after the system shut my engine down twice he was allowed to use three weapons instead of two. I was not counting the drone as a weapon because it was already deployed and it also fired, that is what killed me.
sincerely,
Pumbaa (tinom) and
Timonandpumba (Timon)

You automatically shut down when you overheat, that's the way the game works. If you're forced to shut down once, you miss a go. If you're forced to shut down twice in one turn you miss the whole turn and a shot from the drone.
It's the way the game works ^_^ It adds a strategy to the game to make you build your mech so you don't find yourself shutting down too much. The shut down button is there for when you've built up quit a bit of heat but you're in a position where if you shutdown now it won't effect you much (say only one weapon in range, so shutdown helps).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:18 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

pumbaa wrote:
Okay, Andy are you an administrator? I would like to know because I would like to know who to point my questions to.
Sincerely,
Pumba (Tinom)

I monitor the forums. I know quite a lot about supermechs however, so if you got questions shoot them my way and I'll try to answer them :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:11 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Sorry to dig up this thread again but I wanted to point out that if you weren't forced to shut down you could let your heat run up ad infinitum with no penalty. Logically your mech would melt or explode at some point so the auto cooling makes sense. Just about every machine that produces heat either has an auto fail-safe built it to prevent overheating or simply fails all together when it over heats.

I suppose an "auto-loss" when your heat gets to a certain percentage above your capacity could be considered but I really don't think that is better than the auto-shut down.

Check me out on YouTube!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]