Yes, I did mean to ask the developers. And I got the answers I wanted
1) All the items we are planning to launch will be available without paying money, as it was up till now.
2) The weight system is a formula we are creating that calculates an item's rating. The better an item is the heavier it will be. This formula will probably go through some updates untill we get it right.
3) A player will actually get an overweight message around level 20 (maybe before). So lets say a maximum weight mech will be somewhere around the current level 20 mech (maybe before). So from that point on if you want to equip better items you will need to settle for more light items as well. This will create endless combinates and YOU will need to explore them
4) At the moment, rare items will get a 2% reduction in weight, epic items will get a 5% reduction in weight and legendary items will get a 10% reduction in weight.
5) The new ranking system will launch first, hopefully within two weeks.
This is the plan so far.
I like this! Very much! The bullet weapons should be more heavy than other weapons, as they are far more powerful. The shotgun at level 30 for instance, has to be heavy enough to balance it out. From personal experience, if two equally skilled players are fighting at level 30, the shotgun outcome will so say decide who wins the match. I really do hope that changes after this update.
I'm looking forward to the launch of all this, and I'm surely going to give you response on how they work once they are in game