It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Respect other community members and moderators/administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: An Open Letter to Super Mechs Admins
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:39 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Ilona wrote:
I'll try to explain how the matchmaking could be.

Imagine, you just start to play Supermechs. On level 1, you need to collect 3 stars to level up to 2. You gain a star by winning a match and you lose 1 when you lost a match [...] and you can play only vs your own level.

You won several times and are now on lvl 3. That means you need to win 5 matches in a row to become lvl 4, but when you lose a match you will go back to lvl 2.

That eliminates all multi issues, as multis can't play (often) against each other. One will always level up, while the other always will level down, so they can't play.

The weak players will be on the lower levels, while the good ones will be on higher levels and face other good players.

Its a very simple system.

This does not seem to be the same as Liran is suggesting. Atleast not what I understood... I agree with j^8 that it is too easy to stay at your rank. Gaining 1 star for a victory and losing a whole rank when you lose seems like a smart idea, so if you win 1 and lose 1 you'll stay at lower ranks. If you win about 4 per 1 loss, you're more likely to be pretty much stable at a higher rank. With a rank system like this, you would need many more battles to get up to the top rank, so cheating would be very hard. With the proposed system of 1 win, 1 lost you can easily fight 1 match between each match dumped.

If the proposed system is implented, 20 ranks are fine (although I don't think it will work too well). I'd rather have more penalty per loss and fewer ranks.
And if you are ANYTHING else than 30, you will have HUGE problems with this new ELO system, as matchmaking will only be determined of your rank, not mech level (as I understood). This will most likely upset many players who used their time getting lower level items, and is left with nothing good for higher levels. They are forced to play a new style, new level or even start over with a new account. This could result in quite a few players leaving the game... If I also understood this right, you're now going to win a medal out of numbers of matches won, no points? So you gain nothing extra from defeating a player with many wins that week, compared to a "regular" player.

Pretty much this would result in the player spending most time winning the medal, not neccessarily the most skilled player. A world champion in my eyes is not the one who played 100 hours that week, but the one who gained the most for his battles fought, as the current ladderpoint system proves. Of course, more time gives more points overall, but you have a chance if you never lose to compete with the players who can play more hours than you.

Personally I think that you should still be able to play lower levels. If matchmaking was exactly like it is now, just a third side added to it, and you are only matched with a mech +-5 levels of your mech, and +-(X) of your rank it could work fine. This way you will face more competitive players at each level, and still be able to play lower levels mechs. I also think there should be an extra reward in defeating a player with many wins, in a row or whatever, like the current system has.

Of course these are my personal thoughts, I don't say they are perfect. But if you are interested in improving the gameplay to be more competitive and meeting players as experienced as you are, for a challenge and not a boring fight, I'd say the proposed system should be taken deeper look into.

Tobi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:05 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

After reading what you guys wrote I have several things to add:

1) I think it would be best if high ranks only, say ranks 1-3, will have a 2 stars penalty per lose instead of 1. No need to go any further before we encounter actual problems. Lets let it roll and see how it goes. A penalty of an extra star might be enough for the top ranks.

2) About being forced to level 30... This is where the next feature is comming in. Players complain all the time that the game becomes boring at level 30. To prevent this and to keep the game interesting we are going to add a weight system. Each item will get its own weight (the stronger an item is the heavier it becomes), and there will be a maximum amount of weight a mech can carry. So no one will be able to build a current level 30 mech. You will have to give up some of its parts. You will combine all sorts of items from all sorts of levels to reach the best mech you can with the weight limit. This will push players to experiment and invent new builds and there wont be anymore level 30 overpowered super builds.

3) After all of that is done, we are planning to add 2v2 and 3v3 (meaning each player has several mechs, and not 4 / 6 players fighting each other).

4) A lot of new items.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:58 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

This all sounds very positive, liran!

The only suggestion I might add is that all items should be available for purchase. Perhaps legendary items could be to epics as rare are to common (i.e. twice the tokens of an epic to buy a legendary). Since the weight system would prevent so-called "superbuilds" the extreme difficulty in obtaining legendary items should no longer be necessary.

Otherwise, I really like where you are going with all this!

Check me out on YouTube!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:16 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

liran wrote:
After reading what you guys wrote I have several things to add:

1) I think it would be best if high ranks only, say ranks 1-3, will have a 2 stars penalty per lose instead of 1. No need to go any further before we encounter actual problems. Lets let it roll and see how it goes. A penalty of an extra star might be enough for the top ranks.

2) About being forced to level 30... This is where the next feature is comming in. Players complain all the time that the game becomes boring at level 30. To prevent this and to keep the game interesting we are going to add a weight system. Each item will get its own weight (the stronger an item is the heavier it becomes), and there will be a maximum amount of weight a mech can carry. So no one will be able to build a current level 30 mech. You will have to give up some of its parts. You will combine all sorts of items from all sorts of levels to reach the best mech you can with the weight limit. This will push players to experiment and invent new builds and there wont be anymore level 30 overpowered super builds.

3) After all of that is done, we are planning to add 2v2 and 3v3 (meaning each player has several mechs, and not 4 / 6 players fighting each other).

4) A lot of new items.

At least the game would make more sense with these features. I guess the admins are really doing their best to preserve the fun of the game.

Name In-Game: Attack Here
Alliances: Havoc Mastery (HM).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:55 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Hey guys. Dont waste money and time to new system. Every system is not perfect but if you want to do it ok!
I think developers should do more weps and torsos for more levels. Not only for 22-26-30 (example). I know its not easy to make balance between items but the game will be more funny i hope.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:14 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

How will this weight system be? Are there anything else you can tell us about it so that we can give our opinions about it? Will it only affect level 30 mechs, or lower level mechs as well? Will the rarity of a weapon have anything to say for the weight of it, or just the damage output?

You say there will be a lot of new items. Will these items still come at a set level, and will only be obtainable through boxes? Or will they be available for all players? I think it would be a bad choice to add new items if everybody would have to start a new account to have a chance to get them.

When can this update be expected? At least the first part of it.

I ask a lot of questions, but I am positive with these new plans. I think they will mostly give more possibilities, and that's fun :)

Tobi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:29 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Dear Tobi and the others,

That was just my idea to make this game more funny. Really I have no time to think about how it will work in details. Its job for people they are responsible for this project.
I am sure if we have more possibilities of combination it will be more difficult to develope the best monstrum mech. Maybe some limitation of combination items will also good idea.
About LP farming by two accounts : Its about time synchronisation. If its possible to implement random time engine for to this game it will solve the problem.

About payers and non payers : It is everyone free decision if they pay or not. Its logical that payers have stronger mechs than non payers. If I decide to not to pay I must play hard (nonstop) to get some nice TOP position. Its hard but it works. If someone wants to get golden medal he should pay for the one of the best mech and also to play hard :)

BR,BUTCH

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:20 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Ok, so...

1) All the items we are planning to launch will be available without paying money, as it was up till now.

2) The weight system is a formula we are creating that calculates an item's rating. The better an item is the heavier it will be. This formula will probably go through some updates untill we get it right.

3) A player will actually get an overweight message around level 20 (maybe before). So lets say a maximum weight mech will be somewhere around the current level 20 mech (maybe before). So from that point on if you want to equip better items you will need to settle for more light items as well. This will create endless combinates and YOU will need to explore them :)

4) At the moment, rare items will get a 2% reduction in weight, epic items will get a 5% reduction in weight and legendary items will get a 10% reduction in weight.

5) The new ranking system will launch first, hopefully within two weeks.

This is the plan so far.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:20 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Any possibility for allowing legendary items to be purchased (even if only with tokens) as part of this new weight system? If the difficulty in obtaining legendary items currently is to prevent their proliferation it seems like that problem is better solved by the weight restrictions. I know a lot of people who would like the chance to pick up some of the current legendary items and it would certainly help with exploring all the possible combinations under this new system.

Check me out on YouTube!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next