It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours



Forum rules


Please stay on topic.

Respect other community members and moderators/administrators.

No spam.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Energy Mechs are now Crippled
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:25 am 
Private
Private
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:34 pm
Posts: 4
Why would the devs release weapons that make heat and physical even more powerful while utterly crippling energy builds? I used to be able to beat people with scores anywhere up to 15k with my energy mech provided I was careful. Now I am regularly losing to people with scores of 2k or less who just load up on the new weapons.

Heat was already the standard build for the game. Now with these new weapons energy is crippled to the point that it's nearly useless.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Energy Mechs are now Crippled
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:22 pm 
Corporal
Corporal
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:49 pm
Posts: 71
Location: Tacticsoft Flash Program SuperMechs
Gender: male
I dont think that we [yes i am a TruBlu Player] are crippled, but i do agree that we could use some love in the Energy Dept. I would like to see some 2-4 range w/knockback energy weapons in the upper level ranges. Also maybe a weapon or two that deal 50-65 energy loss... Heat has theirs with the new Infernos dealing 65 heat... wheres the love for the Blues?

_________________
One Rule: WHAT RULES!!!
Do Not Strive To Be "Competitive", Strive To Be The BEST!!!

U.S.Omni-1


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Energy Mechs are now Crippled
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:10 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:58 am
Posts: 212
Location: Texas USA
Gender: male
Does that make me a truyellow player?
anyways my physical mech has an easy time taking down heat mechs but a hard time taking down energy mechs why is that?

_________________
The Mastermind Behind It All


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Energy Mechs are now Crippled
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:35 am 
SM Moderator
SM Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:08 pm
Posts: 1585
Location: England
Gender: male
I've been testing out level 30 and the only build I can make is an energy build. I find, against other energy builds, I win the majority of the time. Heat builds normally comes down to whoever can get the first sword hit in first, as an energy build takes the energy away for the heat user to use a sword, however if you get too overheated and have to start cooling down you can't get close enough to get the energy down on the heat mech.

However I just can't get my head around physical builds ^_^ The output damage of physical weapons is insane. The majority of the legendary weapons don't use energy, so no matter how much you reduce the energy of the enemy, they will still be able to do insane damage to you.

_________________
ImageImageImage


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Energy Mechs are now Crippled
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:05 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:58 am
Posts: 212
Location: Texas USA
Gender: male
Andy that`s why i use physical although most of our weapons require bullets so its one less slot to help your health/heat/energy

_________________
The Mastermind Behind It All


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Energy Mechs are now Crippled
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:52 am 
SM Moderator
SM Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:08 pm
Posts: 1585
Location: England
Gender: male
GigaLava wrote:
Andy that`s why i use physical although most of our weapons require bullets so its one less slot to help your health/heat/energy


Considering most physical weapons do more damage than a call of lightning (blue sword), it's a fair price to pay :D The way I see it:

Blue sword + Teleport: 84 damage (avg) + 58 damage (avg)= 142 damage
Iron shredder averages (if equiped with 2): 194 damage (avg)

The damage difference is 52 for only 30 bullets. With just one bullet module you could use this combo twice in a match, dealing 104 damage difference over a blue build. In place of the bullets a blue build will have armour plating wich only gives him 60hp.

Teleport and blue sword being the strongest combo (in my opinion) for blue builds, and 2 hits from an iron shredder just being an example of high physical damage output. I know it's not the best example, however it to me this shows how much stronger a physical build is compared to an energy build. Since bullet weapons aren't effected by lack of energy, they can always be used against an energy build, so to me physical is so much stronger!! xD

(I've excluded shotgun X's from this because they're unpredictable and I don't think they should be in the game xD)

_________________
ImageImageImage


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Energy Mechs are now Crippled
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:09 pm 
Corporal
Corporal
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:49 pm
Posts: 71
Location: Tacticsoft Flash Program SuperMechs
Gender: male
Andy wrote:
(I've excluded shotgun X's from this because they're unpredictable and I don't think they should be in the game xD)


As i have stated in a seperate topic...

I actually disagree. I like the Shotgun X and i have learned not to rely on it to win a match. True that you can win with luck, but in the reverse you can also lose a battle because of it if it hits critically low when you need it. I think more skill is required by a player because of weapons like this as they actually make you consider multiple options in battle.

example: You have one more turn to finish your opponent or you will surly be dead their next round and they have 75ish HP. You are at range 1 and sword has been used, do you use shotgun? No, you stomp and let the drone finish them. [this example comes up with me quite often is why i chose it]

I would actually like to see more weapons similar to this at different ranges. The concept actually gives a sense of "evasion maneuvers" to the Mechs rather then them just standing there and "taking the hits" so to speak.

_________________
One Rule: WHAT RULES!!!
Do Not Strive To Be "Competitive", Strive To Be The BEST!!!

U.S.Omni-1


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Energy Mechs are now Crippled
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:15 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:19 am
Posts: 82
KefkatheMad wrote:
Why would the devs release weapons that make heat and physical even more powerful while utterly crippling energy builds? I used to be able to beat people with scores anywhere up to 15k with my energy mech provided I was careful. Now I am regularly losing to people with scores of 2k or less who just load up on the new weapons.

Heat was already the standard build for the game. Now with these new weapons energy is crippled to the point that it's nearly useless.


At the time you wrote this, I'm guessing not many people had those weapons. So, I don't really see how those weapons are life-changing. Even now, I don't see every heat build using the inferno, only the really dedicated players have the new weapons.

_________________
My double legendary drops:

http://i62.tinypic.com/2mwv1jq.png
http://i58.tinypic.com/10mpgdt.png
http://i58.tinypic.com/2cehuo5.jpg
http://i60.tinypic.com/2lllidv.png


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Energy Mechs are now Crippled
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:20 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:19 am
Posts: 82
Andy wrote:
GigaLava wrote:
Andy that`s why i use physical although most of our weapons require bullets so its one less slot to help your health/heat/energy


Considering most physical weapons do more damage than a call of lightning (blue sword), it's a fair price to pay :D The way I see it:

Blue sword + Teleport: 84 damage (avg) + 58 damage (avg)= 142 damage
Iron shredder averages (if equiped with 2): 194 damage (avg)

The damage difference is 52 for only 30 bullets. With just one bullet module you could use this combo twice in a match, dealing 104 damage difference over a blue build. In place of the bullets a blue build will have armour plating wich only gives him 60hp.

Teleport and blue sword being the strongest combo (in my opinion) for blue builds, and 2 hits from an iron shredder just being an example of high physical damage output. I know it's not the best example, however it to me this shows how much stronger a physical build is compared to an energy build. Since bullet weapons aren't effected by lack of energy, they can always be used against an energy build, so to me physical is so much stronger!! xD

(I've excluded shotgun X's from this because they're unpredictable and I don't think they should be in the game xD)


Shields and drones mate

Of course they will out damage you. They are called physical weapons for a reason. But, a strong shield (25% tank), can help abase this cost a lot.

If he uses 1 bullet module, then he has no drone damage as the antares drains bullets too quickly so he has to use 3kinetic pointer, which is crap. If he uses 2, he still has no drone damage as his energy will be crap. U can use a Blue Drone or a 3 Electric pointer, which deal on average 35 damage, extra. This+ shield= you outdamage him easily.

_________________
My double legendary drops:

http://i62.tinypic.com/2mwv1jq.png
http://i58.tinypic.com/10mpgdt.png
http://i58.tinypic.com/2cehuo5.jpg
http://i60.tinypic.com/2lllidv.png


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Energy Mechs are now Crippled
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:34 pm 
SM Moderator
SM Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:08 pm
Posts: 1585
Location: England
Gender: male
daggertye wrote:
Andy wrote:
GigaLava wrote:
Andy that`s why i use physical although most of our weapons require bullets so its one less slot to help your health/heat/energy


Considering most physical weapons do more damage than a call of lightning (blue sword), it's a fair price to pay :D The way I see it:

Blue sword + Teleport: 84 damage (avg) + 58 damage (avg)= 142 damage
Iron shredder averages (if equiped with 2): 194 damage (avg)

The damage difference is 52 for only 30 bullets. With just one bullet module you could use this combo twice in a match, dealing 104 damage difference over a blue build. In place of the bullets a blue build will have armour plating wich only gives him 60hp.

Teleport and blue sword being the strongest combo (in my opinion) for blue builds, and 2 hits from an iron shredder just being an example of high physical damage output. I know it's not the best example, however it to me this shows how much stronger a physical build is compared to an energy build. Since bullet weapons aren't effected by lack of energy, they can always be used against an energy build, so to me physical is so much stronger!! xD

(I've excluded shotgun X's from this because they're unpredictable and I don't think they should be in the game xD)


Shields and drones mate

Of course they will out damage you. They are called physical weapons for a reason. But, a strong shield (25% tank), can help abase this cost a lot.

If he uses 1 bullet module, then he has no drone damage as the antares drains bullets too quickly so he has to use 3kinetic pointer, which is crap. If he uses 2, he still has no drone damage as his energy will be crap. U can use a Blue Drone or a 3 Electric pointer, which deal on average 35 damage, extra. This+ shield= you outdamage him easily.


Meh, the highest damage electric damage weapon averages 35 damage. Excluding bullet type drones, the highest damage for a drone is 30 damage, so a difference of 5 is fairly small.

As for countering energy builds, a physical build could equip a 25% heat shield, and will deplete an energy mechs heat shield before it's heat shield is depleted due to its output damage being higher.

However lots of this is based upon assumptions as I'm only able to build an energy build. However, looking at the figures of weapons and given the option if it wasn't down to chance from item boxes, I would certainly go with a physical build. I'm just unsure of the effects it would have against a heat build, as physical weapons increase heat of a mech and a heat mech increases heat to the mech. In my eyes, it would be physical> energy and physical and heat fairly competitive. However with physical bullet weapons adding heat to a mech and heat mech adding heat, a physical mech may only get 1 if not 0 weapon uses per turn, which in the end is lower than a heat mechs damage output of two weapons.

I'm also very inexperienced with kits, so I can barely account for these when I make assumptions.

Unfortunately, I can't experiment with this, so I could be very wrong as figures can prove very different once in game. I'm still grinding my way till I can collect the items required to test my theory, but I think a smart physical build right now could dominate all other builds.

_________________
ImageImageImage


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
WarLingo Android Mobile Game

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl