It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours



Forum rules


Please stay on topic.

Respect other community members and moderators/administrators.

No spam.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: HEAT builds - omnipresent and overpowered!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:41 am 
Private
Private
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:03 am
Posts: 1
Between level 20 and 30 at least 8 out of 10 players actually use heat builds. This tells me that there is something wrong with the balancing. Besides its very annoying to fight the same builds over and over. Please improve the anti heat items like the heat module or introduce new items to counter heat.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: HEAT builds - omnipresent and overpowered!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:24 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:19 am
Posts: 82
Heat builds are commonly used because they are relatively easy to get. There are no required items in the epic stages besides maybe a torso.

Electric builds are similarly easy to require, but require a great deal of skill to pk with them successfully, which is why most players don't use it.

Physical builds more or less require tokens or AMAZINGLY good luck in order to get all the necessary weapons/torso for pking from 20-30.


Heat builds aren't overpowered at all. They are just easy to get, and don't require a bunch of skill. Also, the max heat module is at level 21, and the only way someone is going to overpower you with heat is if you don't have any heat modules. Heat builds help check people: someone who uses just armor/ ammo modules have to be wary about them.

_________________
My double legendary drops:

http://i62.tinypic.com/2mwv1jq.png
http://i58.tinypic.com/10mpgdt.png
http://i58.tinypic.com/2cehuo5.jpg
http://i60.tinypic.com/2lllidv.png


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: HEAT builds - omnipresent and overpowered!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:53 pm 
Private
Private
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:55 pm
Posts: 6
daggertye wrote:
Heat builds are commonly used because they are relatively easy to get. There are no required items in the epic stages besides maybe a torso.

Electric builds are similarly easy to require, but require a great deal of skill to pk with them successfully, which is why most players don't use it.

Physical builds more or less require tokens or AMAZINGLY good luck in order to get all the necessary weapons/torso for pking from 20-30.


Heat builds aren't overpowered at all. They are just easy to get, and don't require a bunch of skill. Also, the max heat module is at level 21, and the only way someone is going to overpower you with heat is if you don't have any heat modules. Heat builds help check people: someone who uses just armor/ ammo modules have to be wary about them.
daggertye wrote:
Heat builds are commonly used because they are relatively easy to get. There are no required items in the epic stages besides maybe a torso.

Electric builds are similarly easy to require, but require a great deal of skill to pk with them successfully, which is why most players don't use it.

Physical builds more or less require tokens or AMAZINGLY good luck in order to get all the necessary weapons/torso for pking from 20-30.


Heat builds aren't overpowered at all. They are just easy to get, and don't require a bunch of skill. Also, the max heat module is at level 21, and the only way someone is going to overpower you with heat is if you don't have any heat modules. Heat builds help check people: someone who uses just armor/ ammo modules have to be wary about them.


Your answer against actually confirms why heat builds are overpowered.

I agree OP and actually came here to view if anyone had made this very topic.

Why would so many have it, if the balance was right?


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: HEAT builds - omnipresent and overpowered!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:00 pm 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3362
Gender: male
Just because it is popular does not make it overpowered though. Each of the other builds is just as strong and any build can win. It all just depends on how you want to play and moving strategically.

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: HEAT builds - omnipresent and overpowered!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:27 pm 
Private
Private
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:55 pm
Posts: 6
Korupt wrote:
Just because it is popular does not make it overpowered though. Each of the other builds is just as strong and any build can win. It all just depends on how you want to play and moving strategically.


No it isn't.

I've had a physical build, dropped some money on the game as the developers want me to and have now reached level 22.

I've been using pimped up level 8...yes 8!! to 15 gear as in physical there's no obvious upgrade path for it and only now at level 22 is it worth looking at upgrading physical, but I need legendary items to make it possible.
Even at that I've only beaten heat by dropping either a cooling kit and/or a repair kit. A heat build does not have to do this against a physical build.

Now I can drop another pile of money on it to get physical to keep up only if I get legendary items or much easier go a heat build and if I drop money on it at my stage reap it way, way above physical.

I'm not bothered..I'll probably put some cash into it anyway, but your burying your heads in the sand if you think it isn't a problem.

As I look at putting together a new build at this stage, heat is far, far better than any other.

Can't beat em, join em !


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: HEAT builds - omnipresent and overpowered!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:53 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:19 am
Posts: 82
FISHGUTSWTF wrote:
daggertye wrote:
Heat builds are commonly used because they are relatively easy to get. There are no required items in the epic stages besides maybe a torso.

Electric builds are similarly easy to require, but require a great deal of skill to pk with them successfully, which is why most players don't use it.

Physical builds more or less require tokens or AMAZINGLY good luck in order to get all the necessary weapons/torso for pking from 20-30.


Heat builds aren't overpowered at all. They are just easy to get, and don't require a bunch of skill. Also, the max heat module is at level 21, and the only way someone is going to overpower you with heat is if you don't have any heat modules. Heat builds help check people: someone who uses just armor/ ammo modules have to be wary about them.
daggertye wrote:
Heat builds are commonly used because they are relatively easy to get. There are no required items in the epic stages besides maybe a torso.

Electric builds are similarly easy to require, but require a great deal of skill to pk with them successfully, which is why most players don't use it.

Physical builds more or less require tokens or AMAZINGLY good luck in order to get all the necessary weapons/torso for pking from 20-30.


Heat builds aren't overpowered at all. They are just easy to get, and don't require a bunch of skill. Also, the max heat module is at level 21, and the only way someone is going to overpower you with heat is if you don't have any heat modules. Heat builds help check people: someone who uses just armor/ ammo modules have to be wary about them.


Your answer against actually confirms why heat builds are overpowered.

I agree OP and actually came here to view if anyone had made this very topic.

Why would so many have it, if the balance was right?


U really didn't understand my statement, didn't you. Heat builds are not OP. Electric build ans physical builds are harder to pull off, but they still destroy heat builds.

We have so easily see why we have so "many" as well. Take a look at physical builds at level 20-30. All good weapons are legendary, and those people who don't buy tokens choose to use heat because they don't need anything legendary. Seriously, look in the shop. Do you see any legendary heat weapons from 20-30? Also, electric builds are harder to pk with, and most people who are unfamiliar with the game won't play with them, as they want some simple pking without complex tactics.

_________________
My double legendary drops:

http://i62.tinypic.com/2mwv1jq.png
http://i58.tinypic.com/10mpgdt.png
http://i58.tinypic.com/2cehuo5.jpg
http://i60.tinypic.com/2lllidv.png


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: HEAT builds - omnipresent and overpowered!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:29 pm 
Private
Private
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:55 pm
Posts: 6
Right matey....let's break it down then.


daggertye wrote:
Heat builds are commonly used because they are relatively easy to get. There are no required items in the epic stages besides maybe a torso.

So heat builds are easier to get.

As this game is about killing the opponent, then I guess you mean against other builds that kill the opponent?
And a heat build doesn't require you to drop money on it to get epic items like a physical or electric build?


Electric builds are similarly easy to require, but require a great deal of skill to pk with them successfully, which is why most players don't use it.

So electric builds are also easy to get, like heat, but require more skill for similar success...Which would you go for?

Physical builds more or less require tokens or AMAZINGLY good luck in order to get all the necessary weapons/torso for pking from 20-30.

Now you say a physical needs you to drop tokens on it or good luck!!


Heat builds aren't overpowered at all. They are just easy to get, and don't require a bunch of skill.

I'd call that better then?

Also, the max heat module is at level 21, and the only way someone is going to overpower you with heat is if you don't have any heat modules.

They are underpowered at level 22, which is what I am at

Heat builds help check people: someone who uses just armor/ ammo modules have to be wary about them.

why shouldn't a physical or electrical build check just a heat build?


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: HEAT builds - omnipresent and overpowered!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:12 pm 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3362
Gender: male
Just because something is easier to build does not make it over powered. Over powered means you cannot hope to over come it even if you play flawlessly and that is not true. If you go into a match and see someone with 2 flame throwers don't stand next to them. :lol:
Heat builds can be strong and do well but they also have a flaw, if they are too reliant on heat they are easily countered. If you're having trouble and facing people with a lot of heat builds that are beating you then counter it. your presumption that just because it is popular means it is over powered is not accurate though. I'll use guns to make my point with this, most commonly owned gun would be a 9mm, does that mean it is the strongest gun? Certainly not. :lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: HEAT builds - omnipresent and overpowered!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:34 pm 
Private
Private
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:55 pm
Posts: 6
That's the argument though.
This is why the heat build is used by more, as the counters to heat are underpowered and heat weapons are overpowered.

Generally people soon work out the best option and use it, which they are.

Why would anyone use something that is not easier and cheaper?


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: HEAT builds - omnipresent and overpowered!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:38 pm 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3362
Gender: male
FISHGUTSWTF wrote:
That's the argument though.
This is why the heat build is used by more, as the counters to heat are underpowered and heat weapons are overpowered.

Generally people soon work out the best option and use it, which they are.

Why would anyone use something that is not easier and cheaper?

For the simple reason that the easiest and cheapest is not the best. Can you get wins with it? Yes but it is not some untouchable build that is better than everything else. Just think about this, when 2 mechs exactly the same face each other who would win? The more skilled and tactical player.

_________________
Image


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl