It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Respect other community members and moderators/administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Matchmaking messed up now more than ever!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:47 am 
Major
Major

MrOneTwoo wrote:
Really? Probably because you have few ladder points and you play only just a couple battles. But when you keep playing for a week and you have 3500+ ladder points, the problems appear.

I believe you just proved the point Ilona was trying to make. When you are simply dominating everything at your level how fair is it for those players? About as fair as you versus something 7 levels higher than you.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:00 am 
Major
Major

MrOneTwoo wrote:
Maybe they have any chance, if they can buy the weapons and torsos, what I have.

If, that is a huge part of this. Only if they are able to buy the things you have but even then no because your stuff is highly fused. I believe it is fair to say no new player stands any chance against your mech, do you not agree?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:19 am 
Major
Major

MrOneTwoo wrote:
Thats true, most of them, but I met with new players who has the same torso and same weapons and they have chance. The fusion doesnt matter, just a couple plus damage.

It makes a difference though, when battles come down to the wire that extra damage makes a huge difference. If everything is exactly the same (resistances, hp ect) than you will basically win by default unless you get a bad roll and they get a strong roll.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:22 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

The match you're complaining about Dante was a fairly close match against the level 29. If he hadn't of killed you with his last turn you would have managed to kill him on the next, so it still was a fairly close match. That's the only lose I could find where the opponent was 6 levels higher than you. The rest have been 3 or less, so it's not a HUGE problem :P

I have to agree with MrOneTwo slightly though. The exclusivity of weapons means those who are dominating lower levels will continue to dominate lower levels for the rest of this games career (unless people make multiple accounts). By the time you reach level 15-20, you probably don't have a full concept of how the game works. To then be denied the stronger weapons of the game as well as being put behind on fusion makes it pretty much impossible for these guys.

Fusion isn't a huge factor in a fight. Sure you're going to find it a bit easier if your mech is highly fused. However your match will still be a close match with a mech similar to yours that isn't fused. A lot closer than a mech that can't get the weapons the top players own :P

Back to the original problem of players fighting at too high of a level, I don't see this as a problem. If it's happening to all top players then all top players are at a disadvantage, aside from those at level 30. This isn't wrong as it encourages top players to fight at their own level and stops the lower levels players from dominating their level.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:25 am 
Major
Major

MrOneTwoo wrote:
I don't beleive that, because If I fuse the weapons my mathmaking level will be +1 or +2. The present situation is just temporary right?(when i can fuse without + matchmaking level) So my matchmaking level will be higher, and they can start the battle, with two moves. And the first two move is very important, if my opponent has the same strong mech, and he start with two moves, i dont have any chance.

I believe the matchmaking levels based on fusion levels is gone permanently but don't quote me on that, I am not 100% sure.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next