It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Respect other community members and moderators/administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Which side goes first?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:21 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I am confused about the ordering of attack for each side.

The "official" rule is that the person with the least matchmaking level goes first, yet, I go against people who's mm level is 2 more than mine and they go first. Another hypothesis is that it is based on fusion core upgrades, yet, i have basically no fusion core upgrades and they still go first. This has become a real pain in the ass as almost anyone with a semi-decent build can go first and kill me, even though they are 2 levels higher than me.

http://i62.tinypic.com/2mwv1jq.png
http://i58.tinypic.com/10mpgdt.png
http://i58.tinypic.com/2cehuo5.jpg
http://i60.tinypic.com/2lllidv.png

Post subject: Re: Which side goes first?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:55 pm 
Major
Major

Tyson111 wrote:
i dont know , i try asking ilona but she got pissed off , for no good reason :!:

so the thing is stronger players who have been here longer goes second, thats all i know.

have a good day , and happy old year

Actually she answered you in a clear and concise manner. Also let's avoid stating false information as it may confuse players that don't know better, referencing your second comment.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:53 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Korupt wrote:
Tyson111 wrote:
i dont know , i try asking ilona but she got pissed off , for no good reason :!:

so the thing is stronger players who have been here longer goes second, thats all i know.

Actually she answered you in a clear and concise manner. Also let's avoid stating false information as it may confuse players that don't know better, referencing your second comment.

Would you be so kind to point me to the "clear and concise" description of how it is determined which player starts first? Thanks in advance

- Niko

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:05 pm 
Major
Major

Niko1313 wrote:
Korupt wrote:
Tyson111 wrote:

Would you be so kind to point me to the "clear and concise" description of how it is determined which player starts first? Thanks in advance

- Niko

Ilona wrote:

edit: Also, even when you can't see it, your mech gains some kind of XP. That means, when you fought a lot more battles than your opponent, you will start second if your matchmaking level is almost even.
We thought about making it visible, but in my opinion this xp will just raise a lot more questions as it would be helpfully. Its only relevant in finding matches anyway.....

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:12 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Ilona wrote:

edit: Also, even when you can't see it, your mech gains some kind of XP. That means, when you fought a lot more battles than your opponent, you will start second if your matchmaking level is almost even.
We thought about making it visible, but in my opinion this xp will just raise a lot more questions as it would be helpfully. Its only relevant in finding matches anyway.....
[/quote]

Hopefully Ilona gets to read this ^_^
I've switched my build from level 17 to level 30 now. Everything is new to me here and I'm still trying to work out how to build and play :) Unfortunately, because I played and won so many at level 17, I will have gained a lot of xp.
I was finding myself going up against level 32's (while I'm 30) and they got two turns against me... while I hadn't even started any kind of fusion on my mech yet.
That's my example of the minor flaw in the xp :D While I do agree with it, would it be possible to rework the xp so it only effects the one level you're fighting at. If it already does this, then it's a whole different problem xD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:15 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

My apologies - the examples below are "clear and concise" (especially the ones highlighted in bold)

"That means, when you fought a lot more battles than your opponent" and "if your matchmaking level is almost even" and "We thought about making it visible" (referring to "invisible" calculations which apply to the versus level?) and " Its only relevant in finding matches anyway" - so which is it?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:28 pm 
Major
Major

Niko1313 wrote:
My apologies - the examples below are "clear and concise" (especially the ones highlighted in bold)

"That means, when you fought a lot more battles than your opponent" and "if your matchmaking level is almost even" and "We thought about making it visible" (referring to "invisible" calculations which apply to the versus level?) and " Its only relevant in finding matches anyway" - so which is it?

Considering how you have cut parts out I cannot understand the point you are trying to get across with this. It seems rather simple to me given the information I know, you have your matchmaking level determined by the gear you have on, when you fuse equipment that will alter your matchmaking level. So far so good, now the final part. You constantly accrue exp which affects matchmaking after the previously stated factors (matchmaking level and fused equipment). Therefore if you've played a couple hundred matches and your opponent has played 50 obviously you will have more of this inherent exp so he will get to move first. All this information comes from the posts I've read, I am sure Ilona will correct me if I am wrong but this is what I have gathered.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:34 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

The point is that the devil is in the details and this question has been posed many times and I have yet to see a complete answer. So rather than "guessing/gathering" information (from different/multiple posts), how about get all the details and then post your answer.

Also, the answer does not coincide with the actual game play (due to bugs I presume).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:39 pm 
Major
Major

Niko1313 wrote:
The point is that the devil is in the details and this question has been posed many times and I have yet to see a complete answer.

Also, the answer does not coincide with the actual game play (due to bugs I presume).

Too many details could also cause you to be "unable to see the forest for the trees". ;)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next