It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours



Forum rules


Please stay on topic.

Respect other community members and moderators/administrators.

No spam.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: WHAT IS IT GOING TO TAKE??
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:06 pm 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3364
Gender: male
starwa7s wrote:
Okay korupt:

Before update noobs were being dominated at level 20-23. Now noobs are being dominated 15-30. On the old update at least noobs could take a look at the builds and actually build them to jump start themselves. I have to say anyone coming in from level 15-29 now have NO chance of doing well. You have players fighting at level 15 with legendary builds. Then level 22 with legendary builds. Then level 30. That covers every possible level range after level 15 and any noob coming in to these brackets can't do anything to even counter it, however much he tries to learn the game, because the items boxes are all down to chance. How is that possibly balanced?

Also if you do play what is your level, how many wins do you have and what level does your build fight at?

Right, some players do have legendary items from before and they are doing well but now they can no longer gain those epic items where the new players can. Also as I have already said in multiple previous posts I have come up with a way to change the pure luck of item boxes and allow you to build your perfect mech given time. Balance comes in when you have not just 1 build that dominates anymore which is really what the old game was. Now you have maybe this guy with a legendary torso and this one with a legendary weapon then you can have another guy with legendary legs, every one of them will build their mech to optimize that item. So now you have a multitude of builds all of which can win rather then just the few set builds for a level range.

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: WHAT IS IT GOING TO TAKE??
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:10 pm 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:08 pm
Posts: 744
Korupt wrote:
lilconquer wrote:
the fact is korupt doesn't play this game very much, yet here he is trying to say that the game is more balanced than it was before. i honestly doubt he's played 50 games in the new system and 500 games total. korupt i'm sorry but you do not have the right to say the game is more balanced and try to overrule what people are saying that play like 60+ matches a day. The fact is back then the game was completely balanced, a noob could rise to the top very quickly and easily now it will take forever to get the things that elite players have now. Another thing is right now swords are completely underpowered. the gold swords are worthless having 1 or 2 extra knockback really isnt anything if you have a well built build, the silver sword is completely worthless. i'm sorry but today is nothing even close to balanced, the game used to be easy for anyone to rise to the top like i myself did.

You have no idea the amount I play and to make an assumption based on nothing and use that as some sort of argument against me would tend to make me believe you don't have much to counter what I say. As someone that studied game development and design I have a pretty good idea what balance is in a game and in this case I can provide an unbiased opinion.The game before was nowhere near balanced and a noob could not just instantly make it to the top. As soon as you passed level 20 you were chum in the water for the sharks. Why do you think so many people have multiple accounts? They came out of that somewhat shielded time to face mechs that completely dominated them. They stood no chance. SM is constantly improving and evolving in hopes of finding a strong future and with the direction it is currently heading it will have a VERY strong future. Whether you believe it or not SM is doing better now than it was before the update. Issues are being addressed and the devs are continuing to improve SM, what more can you ask for? It is not nor will it ever be an overnight change to make it the best game in the world, if it was everyone would be able to succeed in gaming careers.


since the update replays were reset. i remember seeing you online several days after the update and it said you'd played 4 games since and won 2 of them. and by your record it showed that you really hadnt played all that much. im not an idiot, dont take me for 1. also just because you developed something doesnt mean you know how it is, and in all honesty idc if you were part of it because it makes no difference. 1st hand experience is the most reliable way to tell if something is balanced and i can promise you that there are people here complaining that it isn't balanced that play a hell of a lot more than you (me being 1 of those people)

_________________
MGH 1st
MGH 1st
TTE 1st
WWs 1st
XIRX 4th
Hero 2nd
RFW 2nd
Image
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
add me on skype littleconqueror1


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: WHAT IS IT GOING TO TAKE??
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:15 pm 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3364
Gender: male
lilconquer wrote:
since the update replays were reset. i remember seeing you online several days after the update and it said you'd played 4 games since and won 2 of them. and by your record it showed that you really hadnt played all that much. im not an idiot, dont take me for 1. also just because you developed something doesnt mean you know how it is, and in all honesty idc if you were part of it because it makes no difference. 1st hand experience is the most reliable way to tell if something is balanced and i can promise you that there are people here complaining that it isn't balanced that play a hell of a lot more than you (me being 1 of those people)

Now see all I see here is a personal attack by you against me and absolutely nothing going against what I said in my response to you. Let's avoid that and talk about the game, ways to improve it, and positive changes rather than just complain or just try and bash someone else. I am however flattered that you wish to keep tabs on me. ;)

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: WHAT IS IT GOING TO TAKE??
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:16 pm 
SM Moderator
SM Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:08 pm
Posts: 1624
Location: England
Gender: male
Unless they do make changes to the frequency of legendary items in the item box, noobs stand no chance after level 15 untill they reach level 30 because they'll find themselves leveling up quicker than they receive legendary items.

However I have not heard anything from the devs that they are going to change the item boxes from here on out. I mean 33 item boxes supposedly gets you a legendary weapon yet I am at 50+ item boxes now, have been buying them none stop since the update came out and still haven't received a legendary item. The response I was given was, "you're just having bad luck, keep trying"....

Also, I'll ask again, since knowledge comes with experience. What's your level, what's your wins and what's mech level? Don't ignore the question this time.

_________________
ImageImageImage


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: WHAT IS IT GOING TO TAKE??
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:19 pm 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3364
Gender: male
starwa7s wrote:
Unless they do make changes to the frequency of legendary items in the item box, noobs stand no chance after level 15 untill they reach level 30 because they'll find themselves leveling up quicker than they receive legendary items.

However I have not heard anything from the devs that they are going to change the item boxes from here on out. I mean 33 item boxes supposedly gets you a legendary weapon yet I am at 50+ item boxes now, have been buying them none stop since the update came out and still haven't received a legendary item. The response I was given was, "you're just having bad luck, keep trying"....

Also, I'll ask again, since knowledge comes with experience. What's your level, what's your wins and what's mech level? Don't ignore the question this time.

My idea to fix it does not have anything to do with changing the item boxes, if it is implemented it will remove pure luck based success and become a matter of time. Obviously I cannot say for sure it will be accepted but it was very well received. As for your last comment that is not true, knowledge comes with the hunger to learn. If it were true I should be nowhere near as good as I am in games that I play since I am new. :lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: WHAT IS IT GOING TO TAKE??
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:34 pm 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:08 pm
Posts: 744
Korupt wrote:
If it were true I should be nowhere near as good as I am in games that I play since I am new. :lol:

getting a little ahead of yourself there eh? just out of curiosity how well are you doing in this new system? anyway done working on you because nothing gets through your head i have a few questions and i want them answered directly

how is the game more balanced now when items are harder to get
how was the game unbalanced before when any1 had access to anything
does it take longer now to get a strong solid build or did it take longer back then?
how do new players stand a chance when getting legendary stuff is near impossible when all the current players have legendary stuff?
can you please answer your experience with the old and new system because really you cant say you know more about how the game is turning out then the people constantly playing everyday

_________________
MGH 1st
MGH 1st
TTE 1st
WWs 1st
XIRX 4th
Hero 2nd
RFW 2nd
Image
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
add me on skype littleconqueror1


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: WHAT IS IT GOING TO TAKE??
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:39 pm 
SM Moderator
SM Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:08 pm
Posts: 1624
Location: England
Gender: male
I know about your idea. It makes sure the maximum number of boxes needed for a legendary item is infact 33. Unless you came up with another amazing idea, then please state that one.

That is partly true, however experience is needed. If you're looking at stats for items at lower levels the problems won't seem so bad because the difference between damage on lower level items is so little it is pretty balanced. It's only once you start reaching the higher levels that the weapon imbalance starts to show (legendary weapons being much stronger than other weapons). The only thing a low level player could see from learning the game at a lower level is the none-rare items available at higher levels. You're not able to compare the stats of the legendary weapons because you haven't had the chance to see them.

Also the fact your argument for swords being fair because they all have an effect (heat/energy/knock-back) on another thread just goes to show how knowledgeable you really are about the game. In stats these may look promising yes. However if you actually played the game you'd know they're useless. Even looking at stats:
Knockback sword-Just use stomp.
Heat sword-Just use a flame thrower
Normal sword-Completely useless

The only viable sword (and the only one I use) is an energy sword.

You can learn a lot about this game just from studying the numbers sure. Without some experience though it's no use thinking you understand the game Korupt. Agreeably you do come up with some good ideas, I can't knock you on that part. But sometimes you say things (like how noob bashing has been decreased, or sword damage, or thinking the game boundries were +/-3 when it's +/-4) that don't simulate the game at all... Purely because you don't have the experience on the game.

_________________
ImageImageImage


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: WHAT IS IT GOING TO TAKE??
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:54 pm 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3364
Gender: male
starwa7s wrote:
I know about your idea. It makes sure the maximum number of boxes needed for a legendary item is infact 33. Unless you came up with another amazing idea, then please state that one.

That is partly true, however experience is needed. If you're looking at stats for items at lower levels the problems won't seem so bad because the difference between damage on lower level items is so little it is pretty balanced. It's only once you start reaching the higher levels that the weapon imbalance starts show (legendary weapons being much stronger than other weapons). The only thing a low level player could see from learning the game at a lower level is the free items available at higher levels. You're not able to compare the stats of the legendary weapons because you haven't had the chance to see them.

Also the fact your argument for swords being fair because they all have an effect (heat/energy/knock-back) on another thread just goes to show how knowledgeable you really are about the game. In stats these may look promising yes. However if you actually played the game you'd know they're useless. Even looking at stats:
Knockback sword-Just use stomp.
Heat sword-Just use a flame thrower
Normal sword-Completely useless

The only viable sword (and the only one I use) is an energy sword.

You can learn a lot about this game just from studying the numbers sure. Without some experience though it's no use thinking you understand the game Korupt. Agreeably you do come up with some good ideas, I can't knock you on that part. But sometimes you say things (like how noob bashing has been decreased, or sword damage, or thinking the game boundries were +/-3 when it's +/-4) that don't simulate the game at all... Purely because you don't have the experience on the game.

First, no that is not my idea at all. Second your argument of swords seems a bit futile given Michael has already said their main priority now is increasing the damage of swords. I still stick by the fact that swords were more balanced now than they were before and I am pretty sure you can agree with that, before swords could simply dominate with hooks, teleports, and charges now they do not. Yes they can use a bit of a buff but when comparing the balance between now and before of swords it is pretty clear now is better than before. Third, I never have and never will claim to fully understand a game even bd but I am a rare form of player where I always seek more knowledge and that is why I am able to do well. Lastly, noob bashing has been reduced since now they can win a battle without the best gear. Hell I watched a player without lucifer or any real good gear or even set plan win against someone with lucifer, tell me that would have happened before this update. For sword damage I have already explained that in this post, as for the range alright my bad I made an error with a number :lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: WHAT IS IT GOING TO TAKE??
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:59 pm 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:08 pm
Posts: 744
Korupt wrote:
starwa7s wrote:
I know about your idea. It makes sure the maximum number of boxes needed for a legendary item is infact 33. Unless you came up with another amazing idea, then please state that one.

That is partly true, however experience is needed. If you're looking at stats for items at lower levels the problems won't seem so bad because the difference between damage on lower level items is so little it is pretty balanced. It's only once you start reaching the higher levels that the weapon imbalance starts show (legendary weapons being much stronger than other weapons). The only thing a low level player could see from learning the game at a lower level is the free items available at higher levels. You're not able to compare the stats of the legendary weapons because you haven't had the chance to see them.

Also the fact your argument for swords being fair because they all have an effect (heat/energy/knock-back) on another thread just goes to show how knowledgeable you really are about the game. In stats these may look promising yes. However if you actually played the game you'd know they're useless. Even looking at stats:
Knockback sword-Just use stomp.
Heat sword-Just use a flame thrower
Normal sword-Completely useless

The only viable sword (and the only one I use) is an energy sword.

You can learn a lot about this game just from studying the numbers sure. Without some experience though it's no use thinking you understand the game Korupt. Agreeably you do come up with some good ideas, I can't knock you on that part. But sometimes you say things (like how noob bashing has been decreased, or sword damage, or thinking the game boundries were +/-3 when it's +/-4) that don't simulate the game at all... Purely because you don't have the experience on the game.

First, no that is not my idea at all. Second your argument of swords seems a bit futile given Michael has already said their main priority now is increasing the damage of swords. I still stick by the fact that swords were more balanced now than they were before and I am pretty sure you can agree with that, before swords could simply dominate with hooks, teleports, and charges now they do not. Yes they can use a bit of a buff but when comparing the balance between now and before of swords it is pretty clear now is better than before. Third, I never have and never will claim to fully understand a game even bd but I am a rare form of player where I always seek more knowledge and that is why I am able to do well. Lastly, noob bashing has been reduced since now they can win a battle without the best gear. Hell I watched a player without lucifer or any real good gear or even set plan win against someone with lucifer, tell me that would have happened before this update. For sword damage I have already explained that in this post, as for the range alright my bad I made an error with a number :lol:

um actually yes people back then that didnt have lucifer could beat a lucifer guy if he had the right set of weapons and energy/heat ratio to fight that paticular build. but ok korupt do us all a favor play nonstop for the next month and work your way to lvl 30, then when you are done come tell all of us how hard it was and how much you got throttled around trying to work your way up in levels. fact is that it wasnt that hard before because anyone was able to get a strong build (yes even noobs omg i know that's crazy but it's true) now they cant

_________________
MGH 1st
MGH 1st
TTE 1st
WWs 1st
XIRX 4th
Hero 2nd
RFW 2nd
Image
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
add me on skype littleconqueror1


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: WHAT IS IT GOING TO TAKE??
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:21 am 
SM Moderator
SM Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:08 pm
Posts: 1624
Location: England
Gender: male
On a previous topic you mentioned that idea before. I then after asked you to state your idea, which you haven't done?

The argument on swords was an example of the knowledge of the game. Before Michael said there was going to be any changes you created an argument saying swords were fair already, when they're clearly not. I have to agree they allow you to engage the opponent now, since they're not overpowered, but they pose no threat at all now so I actually prefer the old sword style. This is because kits aren't as available anymore so people can't kit up, sit in the corner and fight a droid war. On the old update when this happened the person who engaged was at a disadvantage because of the enemies chance to hit them with a double sword, or sword then stomp. Now though sitting in corners and fighting droid wars doesn't happen so it doesn't matter anymore and that was the only problem I felt with strong swords. Something I learned through experience of the game.

Quote:
Lastly, noob bashing has been reduced since now they can win a battle without the best gear. Hell I watched a player without lucifer or any real good gear or even set plan win against someone with lucifer, tell me that would have happened before this update.


You. Are. Kidding. Me?
Firstly, as I already stated, lower level matches are fairly balanced. Torsos have been reworked, sure, but that still doesn't mean there is no imbalance to the game. MrOneTwoo just got a kill streak of 180+ fighting at level 15... because he had better gear. I've had 2 100+ killing streaks at level 22 and only lose to the same players that were high level on the previous update, that have legendary weapons too... because I have good gear. Same goes for level 30. OptimusPrime has won 2 weekly tournaments in a row now because he dominates so hard at level 30.
So tell me how this isn't noob bashing? On the old update there may have been domination around levels 23. Once you got past that though at least you could start to compete. Right now that's not possible... it's worse than before.

Again, what was your idea on improving the chances of getting legendary weapons? You do come up with good ideas sometimes, I can give you that, so I am interested in hearing the idea.

_________________
ImageImageImage


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl