It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours



Forum rules


Please stay on topic.

Respect other community members and moderators/administrators.

No spam.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Matchmaking Restrictions?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:17 pm 
Corporal
Corporal
 Profile

Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:47 pm
Posts: 47
I tried PvP and although my matchmaking level was 22, I was placed against some builds which had a higher level (at least 25). However, I never got the first strike. Is this somehow related to my overall level (31)?
The only bracket I know is level 20, which is your minimum level.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Matchmaking Restrictions?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:22 pm 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3347
Gender: male
LittleCombatPet wrote:
I tried PvP and although my matchmaking level was 22, I was placed against some builds which had a higher level (at least 25). However, I never got the first strike. Is this somehow related to my overall level (31)?
The only bracket I know is level 20, which is your minimum level.

The matchmaking system will increase the range it spans to find you a match sooner. The maximum is a range of +/-4 I believe though. If someone level 25 is searching their range could be at 22-28 so they could actually be paired with you even if your range is only stating 22. Hope this helps even though I don't think I explained it very well. If you need it cleared up a bit more just pm me or respond here. Lastly, welcome to the forums.

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Matchmaking Restrictions?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:27 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 Profile

Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 3:07 pm
Posts: 531
Location: USA
Yes, welcome to the forums! I think that may be a bug. I have been level 22/23 and fought second against level 33+ before.

_________________
Bored? Tired of winning? Add me (7367266) and I can help retire your boredom.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Matchmaking Restrictions?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:08 am 
Corporal
Corporal
 Profile

Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:47 pm
Posts: 47
Korupt wrote:
The matchmaking system will increase the range it spans to find you a match sooner. The maximum is a range of +/-4 I believe though. If someone level 25 is searching their range could be at 22-28 so they could actually be paired with you even if your range is only stating 22. Hope this helps even though I don't think I explained it very well. If you need it cleared up a bit more just pm me or respond here. Lastly, welcome to the forums.
Thanks for the reply. When I looked at the equipment of the opponent, I only identified the drone. After I watched the replay, I found out his level was 29 (show on top, also verified it through his weapons - Quad MG).

What I still don't understand:
Why was the searching mechanism showing that it was searching for level 22 and immediately placing me against such a higher level? There was no indication and no chance to abort the search.
Why did my opponent get the first shot? Isn't the First-Mover-Advantage given to the lower level?

€dit:
Sorry for forgetting the details, but I was pretty mad when this matchmaking bug happend.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Matchmaking Restrictions?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:19 am 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:20 pm
Posts: 1136
LittleCombatPet wrote:
Korupt wrote:
The matchmaking system will increase the range it spans to find you a match sooner. The maximum is a range of +/-4 I believe though. If someone level 25 is searching their range could be at 22-28 so they could actually be paired with you even if your range is only stating 22. Hope this helps even though I don't think I explained it very well. If you need it cleared up a bit more just pm me or respond here. Lastly, welcome to the forums.
Thanks for the reply. When I looked at the equipment of the opponent, I only identified the drone. After I watched the replay, I found out his level was 29 (show on top, also verified it through his weapons - Quad MG).

What I still don't understand:
Why was the searching mechanism showing that it was searching for level 22 and immediately placing me against such a higher level? There was no indication and no chance to abort the search.
Why did my opponent get the first shot? Isn't the First-Mover-Advantage given to the lower level?

€dit:
Sorry for forgetting the details, but I was pretty mad when this matchmaking bug happend.

Ive had this happen once where I faced someone 5 levels higher than me.

_________________
BoS (E4) NUKE (Fantasy)
Image

Retired NEWS Reporter.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Matchmaking Restrictions?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:52 am 
Corporal
Corporal
 Profile

Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:47 pm
Posts: 47
Sorry for the many posts, but I just realised when I looked at the replays that my matchmaking level was set on 30 - but it was definately 22 during the battle and is also what is shown to me in the workshop.
I just retired it and once again, the search said 22, my level was shown as 22 but in the replay it was shown as 30. My opponent was once again a 29.

€dit: In PvE-Battles, the level adjustment is correct. So this seems to be different from the Level20-Cap (which would raise your level also in PvE).


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Matchmaking Restrictions?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:10 am 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3347
Gender: male
LittleCombatPet wrote:
Sorry for the many posts, but I just realised when I looked at the replays that my matchmaking level was set on 30 - but it was definately 22 during the battle and is also what is shown to me in the workshop.
I just retired it and once again, the search said 22, my level was shown as 22 but in the replay it was shown as 30. My opponent was once again a 29.

€dit: In PvE-Battles, the level adjustment is correct. So this seems to be different from the Level20-Cap (which would raise your level also in PvE).

One thing some people forget to change when hopping between levels is kits so maybe that happened here?

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Matchmaking Restrictions?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:12 am 
Corporal
Corporal
 Profile

Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:47 pm
Posts: 47
I checked this twice, this was not the case. When I unloaded my kit, the level changed from 30 to 22 and when I reloaded it, the level went up again. The search was also displaying my level correctly.

Should I open a thread in the bug forum for this?


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Matchmaking Restrictions?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:29 am 
SM Moderator
SM Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:41 pm
Posts: 451
Location: Somewhere in SuperMechs arenas... Find me if you can!
Gender: male
Replace the faulty kit :D

_________________
Add me on 6918106 if you want to challenge me, I'll gladly accept it.
I'm also recording some good battles of Supermechs, if you want to watch them, click here :)


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Matchmaking Restrictions?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:25 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 Profile

Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 3:07 pm
Posts: 531
Location: USA
Sometimes the game lags when changing levels. Once I switched from a level 33 to a level 53 and it took a few seconds on the search bar to adjust from recognizing I was a level 33 to recognizing I was a level 53.

_________________
Bored? Tired of winning? Add me (7367266) and I can help retire your boredom.


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
WarLingo Android Mobile Game

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl