It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours



Forum rules


Please stay on topic.

Respect other community members and moderators/administrators.

No spam.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: SuperMech Tournament
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:28 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:55 am
Posts: 191
Location: Qatar, hot and sandy.
Gender: male
Hi Guys,

Regarding a rematch, I dont think we need to do so. Captain won, without foul play, he deserves to progress. I dont intend to try suggest anything else, there was no intention to suggest ill intent, and I hope my comments have not raised any ill feeling.
As I said and stressed in my first post since our match;
Quote:
'This is NOT to say I am unhappy with the result, rather a constructive observation for next tournament.'

I simply raised the points with regards to clarification for future rounds or future tournaments.

BTW Captain has PM'ed me, offering and even suggesting a re-match to avoid any 'gray areas' about his progress to the next round - I think Captain has proven himself to be a gentleman, he's a good player and he won fair and square. We did even exchange PM's in between the matches where I raised the question of who goes first. As Captain said also I did get two full turns when it was my start, despite having a level 28 mech vs his level 24 build. This is what I refered to as
Quote:
This was amplified by a seemingly different game mechanic; where for equal level mechs the first person to start the match got two full turns rather than one turn.


There is no gray area about his progress, any gray areas are only in regards to the rules applied.

As mentioned in posts above, I was late for the airport to collect my wife, and rather than mess Captain around I waned to complete the match, I didnt have time to wade through the 13 pages of thread to clarify the rules, and there even if I did so, I dont think there is any clear guide on if the 'gentlemans rule' should be applied.
(lucky for me her flight was delayed, and she didnt even know I was late, I dont think she'd have understood my logic :) )

Sorry for the ramble, its 6.30 am and I am off to work, so no time for a re-read - you get the point tho, I hope :)


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: SuperMech Tournament
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:25 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 Profile

Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 3:07 pm
Posts: 531
Location: USA
BigDaddy22 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Regarding a rematch, I dont think we need to do so. Captain won, without foul play, he deserves to progress. I dont intend to try suggest anything else, there was no intention to suggest ill intent, and I hope my comments have not raised any ill feeling.
As I said and stressed in my first post since our match;
Quote:
'This is NOT to say I am unhappy with the result, rather a constructive observation for next tournament.'

I simply raised the points with regards to clarification for future rounds or future tournaments.

BTW Captain has PM'ed me, offering and even suggesting a re-match to avoid any 'gray areas' about his progress to the next round - I think Captain has proven himself to be a gentleman, he's a good player and he won fair and square. We did even exchange PM's in between the matches where I raised the question of who goes first. As Captain said also I did get two full turns when it was my start, despite having a level 28 mech vs his level 24 build. This is what I refered to as
Quote:
This was amplified by a seemingly different game mechanic; where for equal level mechs the first person to start the match got two full turns rather than one turn.


There is no gray area about his progress, any gray areas are only in regards to the rules applied.

As mentioned in posts above, I was late for the airport to collect my wife, and rather than mess Captain around I waned to complete the match, I didnt have time to wade through the 13 pages of thread to clarify the rules, and there even if I did so, I dont think there is any clear guide on if the 'gentlemans rule' should be applied.
(lucky for me her flight was delayed, and she didnt even know I was late, I dont think she'd have understood my logic :) )

Sorry for the ramble, its 6.30 am and I am off to work, so no time for a re-read - you get the point tho, I hope :)
well put BigDaddy! I did not realize you started first with two turns with a 28 mech against a 24 — I can see that Captain did no worse then (regardless of the confusion). As far as Captain PMing you — I'd have to agree, that was mighty gentlemanly of him! Good going Captain! Overall, I think rather than calling it a messy fight, I should have just referenced the tourney as a learning tournament! Nice serendipity in regards to picking up your wife (sorry she missed her flight was delayed though).

Oh, and not really a ramble but just some clarifying context. Oh, and what you wrote was clear — I am pretty sure I got the point of what you said!

_________________
Bored? Tired of winning? Add me (7367266) and I can help retire your boredom.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: SuperMech Tournament
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:38 am 
Corporal
Corporal
 Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:25 pm
Posts: 45
SideOneDummy wrote:
BigDaddy22 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Regarding a rematch, I dont think we need to do so. Captain won, without foul play, he deserves to progress. I dont intend to try suggest anything else, there was no intention to suggest ill intent, and I hope my comments have not raised any ill feeling.
As I said and stressed in my first post since our match;
Quote:
'This is NOT to say I am unhappy with the result, rather a constructive observation for next tournament.'

I simply raised the points with regards to clarification for future rounds or future tournaments.

BTW Captain has PM'ed me, offering and even suggesting a re-match to avoid any 'gray areas' about his progress to the next round - I think Captain has proven himself to be a gentleman, he's a good player and he won fair and square. We did even exchange PM's in between the matches where I raised the question of who goes first. As Captain said also I did get two full turns when it was my start, despite having a level 28 mech vs his level 24 build. This is what I refered to as
Quote:
This was amplified by a seemingly different game mechanic; where for equal level mechs the first person to start the match got two full turns rather than one turn.


There is no gray area about his progress, any gray areas are only in regards to the rules applied.

As mentioned in posts above, I was late for the airport to collect my wife, and rather than mess Captain around I waned to complete the match, I didnt have time to wade through the 13 pages of thread to clarify the rules, and there even if I did so, I dont think there is any clear guide on if the 'gentlemans rule' should be applied.
(lucky for me her flight was delayed, and she didnt even know I was late, I dont think she'd have understood my logic :) )

Sorry for the ramble, its 6.30 am and I am off to work, so no time for a re-read - you get the point tho, I hope :)
well put BigDaddy! I did not realize you started first with two turns with a 28 mech against a 24 — I can see that Captain did no worse then (regardless of the confusion). As far as Captain PMing you — I'd have to agree, that was mighty gentlemanly of him! Good going Captain! Overall, I think rather than calling it a messy fight, I should have just referenced the tourney as a learning tournament! Nice serendipity in regards to picking up your wife (sorry she missed her flight was delayed though).

Oh, and not really a ramble but just some clarifying context. Oh, and what you wrote was clear — I am pretty sure I got the point of what you said!


I believe an apology from me is in order - to both BigDaddy and Captain. My intention was not to cause/stir-up any ill feelings, rather to have a good/clean tournament - which I can say with utmost certainty that we do have - as demonstrated by the current participants.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: SuperMech Tournament
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:50 am 
Corporal
Corporal
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:09 am
Posts: 57
So there is only one question left. Who picks level cap first? Me or Niko? :mrgreen:


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: SuperMech Tournament
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:16 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 Profile

Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 3:07 pm
Posts: 531
Location: USA
Has the lilconquer jonsem match even taken place yet? Perhaps, captain, the tourney has to wait until that happens first.

_________________
Bored? Tired of winning? Add me (7367266) and I can help retire your boredom.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: SuperMech Tournament
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:46 am 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:08 pm
Posts: 728
me and him had 2 matches, i won both but ever since i havent been able to get a hold of him

_________________
MGH 1st
MGH 1st
TTE 1st
WWs 1st
XIRX 4th
Hero 2nd
RFW 2nd
Image
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
add me on skype littleconqueror1


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: SuperMech Tournament
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:50 am 
Corporal
Corporal
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:09 am
Posts: 57
SideOneDummy wrote:
Has the lilconquer jonsem match even taken place yet? Perhaps, captain, the tourney has to wait until that happens first.


No problem at all!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: SuperMech Tournament
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:04 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 Profile

Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 3:07 pm
Posts: 531
Location: USA
lilconquer wrote:
me and him had 2 matches, i won both but ever since i havent been able to get a hold of him

hmmm … I wonder what Rupert would say about all of this?

_________________
Bored? Tired of winning? Add me (7367266) and I can help retire your boredom.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: SuperMech Tournament
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:26 pm 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:08 pm
Posts: 728
he gives me the win

_________________
MGH 1st
MGH 1st
TTE 1st
WWs 1st
XIRX 4th
Hero 2nd
RFW 2nd
Image
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
add me on skype littleconqueror1


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: SuperMech Tournament
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:10 pm 
BD Maintenance Team
BD Maintenance Team
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:27 pm
Posts: 1287
well if jones isn't willing to finish lil wins..

_________________
Add me on skype
BattleDawnPro

Check out RupertAngier's Wonderful Community Suggestions ;)
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=25755
Image
Image


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
WarLingo Android Mobile Game

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl