It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic at all times in this board.

Please be respectful to other members and administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: SuperMech Tournament
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:09 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

It looks like I'm still in and most of us are not done with their games. I just PMed BigDaddy22 and I hope we will be able to play within weekend.

RupertAngier wrote:
Captain gets to pick first against captain..

You mean "Captain gets to pick first against BigDaddy", right?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:19 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

captain1821 wrote:
It looks like I'm still in and most of us are not done with their games. I just PMed BigDaddy22 and I hope we will be able to play within weekend.

RupertAngier wrote:
Captain gets to pick first against captain..

You mean "Captain gets to pick first against BigDaddy", right?

Hi, and sorry.
I've been offline recently. I got an email telling me about your PM and replied straight away. If I fail to hook up with you, then you get to progress - but I'll do my best to face you ASAP.

I sent you an invite, 7765486 is my number.

If you're online, PM me if i am not online and I'll get on, if I am not at work.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:47 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

yeah I did mean that... haha I think that was the day I was having a terrible day and I was running on 2 hours of sleep.. anyways carry on :)

Check out RupertAngier's Wonderful Community Suggestions ;)
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=25755

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:07 pm 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors

ugh geez i cant get a hold of jones -.-

Hero 2nd
RFW 2nd
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
BoS 1st
OC 1st
TFF 1st X2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:41 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Confirming that Captain has moved on to the next round.
It was 3-2 to him, congrats and good luck for the rest of the event!

log of matches went
Captain chooses and starts, level 70, Captain wins.
BigDaddy chooses starts, level 28, BigDaddy wins.

It was a thumbs up for Supermechs that the event ran, and a pleasure to have been in it. Thanks to the mods for the work organizing it.

As was suggested and mentioned in the various posts through the thread, for future events it may be better to have to win by two clear matches, in our match each time the person going first won the match, he went first and reached 3 before me. This is NOT to say I am unhappy with the result, rather a constructive observation for next tournament.
This was amplified by a seemingly different game mechanic; where for equal level mechs the first person to start the match got two full turns rather than one turn. For similar build mechs and similar skilled players thats an awful lot of advantage to overcome, particularly at level 70 where the swords are hitting for 150-ish and the droid for 100-ish, unless the second player can gain a clear advantage of over about 400 HP, then we can predict that 'first player = winner' will apply.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:09 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

Now, i'm confused about matchmaking cap.

I thought that one person (by random draw) can choose the matchmaking cap and that cap is in place throughout all 5 battles.

But after reading BigDaddy22's last reply here, the matchmaking cap seems to change after every battle.

Can someone clear the things up for me how exactly the matchmaking cap is set?

--
Aeacus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:10 am 
Corporal
Corporal

BigDaddy22 wrote:
Confirming that Captain has moved on to the next round.
It was 3-2 to him, congrats and good luck for the rest of the event!

log of matches went

It was a thumbs up for Supermechs that the event ran, and a pleasure to have been in it. Thanks to the mods for the work organizing it.

As was suggested and mentioned in the various posts through the thread, for future events it may be better to have to win by two clear matches, in our match each time the person going first won the match, he went first and reached 3 before me. This is NOT to say I am unhappy with the result, rather a constructive observation for next tournament.
This was amplified by a seemingly different game mechanic; where for equal level mechs the first person to start the match got two full turns rather than one turn. For similar build mechs and similar skilled players thats an awful lot of advantage to overcome, particularly at level 70 where the swords are hitting for 150-ish and the droid for 100-ish, unless the second player can gain a clear advantage of over about 400 HP, then we can predict that 'first player = winner' will apply.

Perhaps you should replay the matches - in my matches with Lorinser21, we had the same level mechs. equipped and she began 1st every match since I am the higher level player (per the game rules), however took only 1 turn - per the "gentleman's rule" with the 2nd being a cooldown.

We are all aware of the game "bug" where players having the same level mech. should only get 1 turn, however in some cases can have 2 turns.

For the tournament and the game in general - all players should go by the rules or that could be considered "cheating".

- Niko

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:23 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Aeacus wrote:
Now, i'm confused about matchmaking cap.

I thought that one person (by random draw) can choose the matchmaking cap and that cap is in place throughout all 5 battles.

But after reading BigDaddy22's last reply here, the matchmaking cap seems to change after every battle.

Can someone clear the things up for me how exactly the matchmaking cap is set?

--
Aeacus

The players alternate picking the mech. level cap, and thus have the option to select a different cap than the one for the last battle.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 24  Next