With all due respect for the rank and the position of georgeshelou, I would like to say something that counts as an opposite opinion:
Public humiliation was the most effective punishment in history after the death sentence. Its purpose was to expose a disaproved behaviour and make the public aware about:
- the effects of breaking the law
- the potential dangers that can come out of potential relations with the offenders
True, these are the modern times, but people have evolved, in fact, very little from those times.
- the best way to punish cheating and exploiting is through the official channel (PM to devs/admins with evidence)
- all the players have the right to have a honourable name, but only if they fulfill their obligation to keep it that way through honourable behaviour
- all the players have the right to publicly complain when they are subjected to abuse or misconduct
My opinion is to keep this topic open and let it die because of lack of interest.
And if people do not want to get on this list, the best way of achieving this result would be to play fair.
And if abuses are committed against fair players, then the accuser should be able to provide evidence, under the sanction of getting in the list himself
Guys, cheating is definitely the worst and ugliest thing that can affect the fun (worst than bugs) and we need a proper instrument to defend our right for a fair play.
So - quitters do not belong in this list, we understand that not all of us are strong
Exploiters and cheaters - yes.
If the mods do not have anything against this list, then we should start it as soon as possible.
My best regards,