It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Respect other community members and moderators/administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: hi, short question
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:28 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Don't buy level 10 gear if you think it will make you play at level 10. Once you get to level 20, you will be matched with players around level 20 even if you only use level 10 gear. Level 20 becomes the new minimum match making level so try to buy items around level 20. I would recommend saving up to buy the Lucifer mech which is at level 22.

Also, match making takes into account the highest level item you have on your mech. So, if you have one level 30 item equipped ( kits, weapons, legs, ect...) and the rest of your items are level 22, you will be matched with players around the level 30 range instead.

If you are some what under equipped at the moment, I recommend that you fight against the bots for a bit to make some money to buy the items you need. That is what I had to do when I first reached level 20.

Hope I was somewhat helpful to you. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:31 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Location: Somewhere in SuperMechs arenas... Find me if you can!
Hi Thoriell :)
First, don't mind the ranking, that number is visible to only yourself...

About matchmaking level, it is equal to your highest level equipped item's level, so there is no point of keeping some euquipment low lv and others high lv thus generally the closer you equipped items' level is, the better chance of survival(and winning) you have.

And one last thing, as soon as you hit lv 10, you can't have a matchmaking lv lower than 10, and as soon as you hit lv 20, you can't have a matchmaking lv lower than 20. So plan a lv 20 mech build before you hit lv 20, or you'll have a hard time since most of the high lv players play with lv 20-23 mech builds...

You beat me, 00Nick00 :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:15 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Location: Somewhere in SuperMechs arenas... Find me if you can!
Hi again Thoriell, :)
It's top item level for any item, it doesn't matter which type it is, so you got it right.
And there are no break points at every 10 levels, only for 10 and 20. So lv 20 player can have a mech with matchmaking only lv 20 or above (if he uses an item box) and so lv 30 player can, and so lv 150 player can(150 is the top level in supermechs at the moment).
The actual level of the player determines the max level of the items a player can buy, the only way to equip items higher than your level is to buy an item box for tokens, which is unavailable after lv 60.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]