It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please only post here if you are reporting or validating a bug or glitch in Supermechs.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Little Rant about lag & such.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:50 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Okay where should i start.
I am once again an active player of SuperMechs, My internet connection is good and my computer fast enough, Okay so there's no problem there.
Everyday i lose insane amounts of ladderpoints because the game is so glitchy & laggy that it puts me into a huge disadvantage against my fellow opponents.
Sometimes my screen freezes at searching for battle message, with the cancel option is grayed out and leaves me no choice but to refresh my browser as the game wont ever start when this happens, then i find out that i had a battle which i 'quit' and lost a nice 300-800 Lp, not even given a chance to actually fight. Sometimes my opponent gets to start with 3 action points when my mecha just stands there because my game still shows me 'searching for battle' message when the fight has already started, once again cant do anything but sit and watch, hoping that the opponent is easy enough that i can still try to win.
Oh and what about when I lose action points midfight ? a very frequent phenomena aswell, clock ticks off, nothing happens then bam, my turn's over, even if i had clicked a weapon to use, it wont even fire. Sometimes when i get the first turn i wont get no option bar at all, and once again nothing can be done. This is seriously disappointing and annoying, i am an honest player and i under normal conditions never quit a fight. However it's very rare for me to get a fluently running glitchless fight anymore. Something has to be done here, it just cant be this way.
Thank you for your time, hope something is done to counter this.

Post subject: Re: Little Rant about lag & such.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:34 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I`m sorry to hear that :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:31 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

Few hits to do/check to improve game speed and decrease lags. (Possibly to even fix some or all your described problems.)

1. Make sure you have the latest Flash installed.
You can check your flash version from here: https://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

2. Try playing via direct link: http://supermechs.com/bmmLoader.swf?version=5.2L
This way your PC doesn't have to load anything else (e.g. main page, adds) besides the game itself. Using direct link means that you should check the main page http://supermechs.com/ from time to time, to see if the newer version has been released and what is it's number (so you can change the version number in the end of the direct link's url).

3. Under the game options try changing some values:
3.1. Quality - Low
3.2. Particle effects - Off
3.3. Mech's Breathing - Off
3.4. Music - Off (This one is optional, if you like backround music then you can keep it On. But i'm listening internet radios while playing SM, so i'll turn it Off.)
3.5. Sound - On (This one is optional too, i have enabled it to hear SFX sounds while playing the game. Without SFX it seems too quiet for me.)

4. After some time (let's say 15-30mins), if you feel like game has slowed down then just refresh the page and play again. This slowdown was an issue in the last version though. But just in case, if you should counter this, then just refresh the page and game will be fast again.

All those tips are easy ones and you may try some of them or even all of them to see if it helps regarding your problems.
Lowering game's quality and/or disabling particle effects doesn't make it as pretty as it could be but when it fixes many of your lag issues then i think you can manage with lower quality and/or no particle effects.

Though, there are more things to do/check (more complicated ones) but first try these and see if they help.

Out of your encountered problems, i, myself have only seen 3 of them, 2 of them only once: "lose action point midfight" and "no option bar at my first turn". Regardless of these two, i still managed to win both matches.
3rd one was the one where game displayed that i was still searching for an opponent and when game automatically canceled the search, i saw under my replays that i had a battle where i quitted.

"no option bar at my first turn" <- this was a hack few players used a lot (back in the version 2.7 or so). But the latest versions are making cheating hard (but not impossible). From time to time, you may encounter few cheaters.

As for the 3rd issue i described, i let the game search for an opponent until 5th mech appears (while searcing, game displays different mechs opposite your mech). After the 5th mech appears, i cancel the search by myself and hit the random battle button again. I've seen that this way there is little chance that you may encounter this glitch in the game and thus loosing your hard earned ladder points.
I even made a topic about it: Loosing ladder points while searching for an opponent and i still think this is another way of cheating in the game.

--
Aeacus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:35 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Wow Aeacus, Thanks for the super detailed reply, truly warms my heart when someone takes the time to answer :) I believe i have tried most of your suggestions already, however there was a couple of new ones, that one where you told me to cancel the search if it takes too long, i hand't realized. sounds simple so i'll try that for sure ! And the flash player version one i'll check out too. I think it has been getting better now, Haven't lost unfairly for some time.
I always play with particle effects Off and quality at medium, that seems to work for me the best. It's weird that when i reduce the quality to Low, the lagging increases.
Thank you once more, I think i'll be good to go now. :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]