It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please only post here if you are reporting or validating a bug or glitch in Supermechs.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: ranking
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:04 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

SideOneDummy wrote:
Guys, I have a theory. Only a select few people are permanently on the higher end of the ranking list. Everyone else is only visible to themselves. I am ranked 11, but I assume there are at least 6 or 7 other players ranked 11 as well. The further down you go (on the top list that is), the more players at your rank. At 20 or so, I bet 10 or 12 players. Storm and I used to share the same rank constantly, but neither of us ever saw each other when we on the top (although, when the list glitched, we would see each other in the 2000s hahaha).

My guess is it takes a lot of effort to program working ranking list for this large of a community (especially if more variables are added than just win-loss, in which case, I would cringe thinking of the math that would be involved). Thus, everyone on the higher end just has the illusion of the place they are, but in actuality, we are not our rankings (or at least not likely). I cannot wait until this game breaks beta and the ranking system has a little more authority. Until then, my only motivation is my personal enjoyment.

Yes, we are so alike on our gameplay, and our wins/losses, it was funny when it was glitched a week ago, every time i checked the list, you were one spot under me at like 1600 or 2500 or whatever haha.

There is probably 50 different people in the top 10 through their own eyes, but really only the same people are there; mike5mike, mirror111, footiss, filipas etc.

I have an idea for a new ranking suggestion: the person with the highest number of points is the highest position, the people with the lowest are at the bottum.
Points are calculated by number of wins subtracted by losses, for example: 3321-609 = 2712 points.

This makes it fair, and also makes quitting a very bad idea, as it will EFFECTIVELY lower your ranking.

Anyway, don't worry SideOneDummy, we will share the same place again, it won't be long till you are positioned 10 (on your computer) alongside with me.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2