It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please only post here if you are in need of help, or have information that can potentially aid someone in need of help.

Post subject: turn ends too fast!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:38 am 
Private
Private

The turn ends too fast, sometimes the countdown just jump from 15 to 0, and sometimes I just didn't see the count down when me turn ends!

I'v lost a lot battles today due to such reason, it's really annoying!

I don't know the reason, maybe it's due to lag of internet. but even it's not, I still think the turn time is too short! it's a game which has battle fighting with strategy and tactics, not an agility fighting game!

P.S. another problem is, anytime you make a command to the robot, the commanding menu disappearing for a couple of seconds, this makes no sense at all, why don't you make the menu independent of fighting screen ?

Post subject: Re: turn ends too fast!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:42 am 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator

Managing the time is also a part of strategy though, just like playing timed chess. I would however say this is because of your internet connection. Have you tried using a different browser or have you tested your net speed?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:47 am 
Private
Private

Korupt wrote:
Managing the time is also a part of strategy though, just like playing timed chess. I would however say this is because of your internet connection. Have you tried using a different browser or have you tested your net speed?

For a strategy game, if it only takes time to "think", it will be OK, but if it takes time to "click", "wait" or even "lag", that's nothing but annoying.

obviously I'm in another country with the game server, so I can do nothing with this, besides, I see players all over the world, so will that be OK?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:48 am 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator

Yes it will be fine but I would like to try and improve it for you even if your connection is not very fast. Have you tried lower or turning off all the graphical options?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:52 am 
Private
Private

Korupt wrote:
Yes it will be fine but I would like to try and improve it for you even if your connection is not very fast. Have you tried lower or turning off all the graphical options?

thanks, I will try, though I don't think it's a graphical lag. Anyway I feel the turn time is too short, 30 seconds (or even more) will be better, whatever, people won't waste time when they have made their decisions.

Another option is: enable players to choose the waiting time of each turn in settings, and enable them to set filters of opponents' waiting time and lag when matching.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:54 am 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator

Well let me know the results, I still have a few other ideas to try as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:02 am 
Private
Private

Korupt wrote:
Well let me know the results, I still have a few other ideas to try as well.

I tried, the problem remains, especially in the first turn, for serveral times the turn passed just after I released my droid (time count becomes 0 suddenly)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:55 am 
Private
Private

I tryed many times, seems there is a bug when using droid in the first turn, the turn ends just after droid is released. no matter how much seconds left, while I don't suffer similar problem at other phase of fight recently.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:42 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Here the answer: starting player always starts with 1 Action point. no matter what the level difference is.

I think its not too fair, but we cant do anything.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

its somewhat fair, as he old system didn't include how many fused items or ladder points the starting player had.

For your problem: At the beginning, all players start with 30 sec for their turns. After reaching a certain level (I think its 10 but i am not that sure anymore) its lowered to 20 seconds.

I wouldn't like to increase it as 20 seconds are half of an eternity when the opponent does nothing.

You'll get used to it for sure :)