It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please only post here if you are in need of help, or have information that can potentially aid someone in need of help.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: clock counting down to soon missing turn
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:50 am 
Major
Major

That sounds like possible lag to me since I haven't seen other reports of this recently.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:29 pm 
Major
Major

Tyson111 wrote:
Korupt wrote:
That sounds like possible lag to me since I haven't seen other reports of this recently.

u got to be kidding me , i reported it so many times and complained like a baby . instead it starting from 20 sec , it start from 10-7 sec then get a missing turn. specially while shut down and the clock start counting from 7 sec , then ur bot needs to like boot 2sec back from a shut down to wake so you can move again then again u have like 5 sec to click . thats how people are missing turns :P hope i help ,

dont worry bro happens to me often, from then on you should know that u will lose . :D

Again, that sounds like lag to me. The game server is continuing as normal but your internet connection is taking more time to show you what is going on. Obviously that could not be the case here but from my experience with gaming this really does sound like a lag/latency issue.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:04 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

This is due to lag :( I've found when this happens I have to reset my router to fix it. If not, take a break for a while (say when my whole family are using the internet).

Something I think would help is an option for no animations in battle. I know this kind of defeats the object of the game as you won't be able to visually watch the battle. However once you've played the game a while and watched a few battles I don't think it would effect game-play too much, especially if it allows a player to play the game without lag issues.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:28 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Location: Somewhere in SuperMechs arenas... Find me if you can!
starwa7s wrote:
Something I think would help is an option for no animations in battle. I know this kind of defeats the object of the game as you won't be able to visually watch the battle. However once you've played the game a while and watched a few battles I don't think it would effect game-play too much, especially if it allows a player to play the game without lag issues.

I think you won't need such stuff, because you should be able to play your next action while the first is being animated. This goes for any action and I use that even though I don't have any lag problem to make the battle shorter. For example, I teleport behind my enemy than while teleporting, I use my shotgun X mark I and it starts animating after teleport animation begins.
@dogg73:The point is: You don't need to wait until the shutdown finishes, you can just click the buttons early to make your move. If you need to think about what you will do though, that's a different matter.
I'd recommend you to try to fix your clocks by syncronizing them with the internet. I say clocks because both the router and the computer have their own clock and one of them might be causing the issue in my opinion. Try this one if the reset thing doesn't work(resetting the router is supposed to reset your router's clock as well, so it can syncronize with the internet properly) You can also try to syncronizing your router clock with the PC clock, after syncronizing the PC clock with the internet.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:24 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

TheSingular wrote:
starwa7s wrote:

I think you won't need such stuff, because you should be able to play your next action while the first is being animated. This goes for any action and I use that even though I don't have any lag problem to make the battle shorter. For example, I teleport behind my enemy than while teleporting, I use my shotgun X mark I and it starts animating after teleport animation begins.
@dogg73:The point is: You don't need to wait until the shutdown finishes, you can just click the buttons early to make your move. If you need to think about what you will do though, that's a different matter.
I'd recommend you to try to fix your clocks by syncronizing them with the internet. I say clocks because both the router and the computer have their own clock and one of them might be causing the issue in my opinion. Try this one if the reset thing doesn't work(resetting the router is supposed to reset your router's clock as well, so it can syncronize with the internet properly) You can also try to syncronizing your router clock with the PC clock, after syncronizing the PC clock with the internet.

If I could play my next turn while the first animation was happening, that would be fine ^_^ but when you do get lag, you can't select your next move till the game understands your first move made. So you do end up missing out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:48 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Tyson111 wrote:
just have faster internet, then no lagg . its simple , :D

pfft i wish that was possible sometimes :( but I live in a new housing estate where you can't get fiber optics or anything quicker than what I have already :(

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]