It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic at all times in this board.

Please be respectful to other members and administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Testing the new Ranking System!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:56 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Dear players,

Please help us test SuperMechs' new multiplayer ranking system on:

http://www.supermechs.com/bmmdev/

GO GO GO GO!

We need your feedback guys!

Post subject: Re: Testing the new Ranking System!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:24 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Just an idea (if possible that is).

Could you start the game from a higher level, and some items already owned. Pain to have to do the tutorial over again and level up a little for account we won't keep anyway. It's alright if not :)

Edit 1:
Love the old (new) icons that you've brought back!!! :D

Edit 2:
Just managed to find the ranking system. I like the idea, however I feel 230 wins is A LOT to ask for (without loss) to get past the ranking stages before you start amounting wins for the leader-board position for that week. I mean even the best lose games, so realistically players are going to have to win more than 230 games in a week just to qualify for leader-board. I don't know if it's just me, but I think that's a lot to ask for xD also I lost a game at level 6 and lost half my stars for the lower level? That is a serious knock back for one loss.

Edit 3:
Not sure if it's because it's in early development, but matchmaking is confusing. I haven't seen any weight system yet (which is why I'm assuming it's incomplete) however my rank is level 20 as I haven't won a match, my mech is level 3. I'm fighting against level 16 mechs. Does that mean my mech level doesn't actual mean anything anymore? ^_^

I've only had 200k SM to mess around with, so not been able to experience all that much :) I'm also being heavily critical, over all I do like the look of the new reward system. Just a little too extreme in my eyes for some cases.
Also good job on all the unreleased items/reworks artwork. They look AMAZING!!! :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:18 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I tired it out too and first impression was.. well a bit confusing.
Of course there were hardly any players online so i didn't get a realistic match,
The new items/weapons look incredibly cool however, and i love the new achievements :)
I was initially a level 35 there with over 2 million credits at the start (?) so i was able to try some of the new stuff.
Spoiler:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:16 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Ok, give me a few hours to change some stuff.

I will add the weight system (hopefully)
And I will reduce the amount of stars per rank by half.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:05 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Weighting system makes a lot more sense now :D I like it, all together now looks very nice. Just the two questions:

1) Are there going to be different categories when it comes to weighting. Like 500 kg, 1000 kg, 1500 kg, where if you keep your mech below one certain boundary you will only fight mechs with in that boundary? If not this might be something to look in to :) (kinda like boxing)

2) Do you still have to change the weight of the items? xD Just curious as to whether all items will stay as 100kg or is that because it's only just been implemented.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:19 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

1) Item's weight will be unique. The 100 is just temporary and will be fixed today I hope.
2) We thought about weight categories, but we will start with only one category, which will be more or less like a fully equipped level 20 mech.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]