It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic at all times in this board.

Please be respectful to other members and administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: SuperMech Tournament
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:42 am 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors

i think today is the last day

Hero 2nd
RFW 2nd
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
BoS 1st
OC 1st
TFF 1st X2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:38 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Long story short, LC won he is moving on to the next round. nice tournament guys.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:05 pm 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors

time for me to get whooped by side1:D

Hero 2nd
RFW 2nd
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
BoS 1st
OC 1st
TFF 1st X2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:33 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

so, who do i face next for runner up in the tournament?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:36 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Randomly chosen Side and Captain will chose the Mechs caps first..

You guys got a week to vs off... If you got any issues let me know
(also I'll soon make a detailed thing of the battles to this point happened that'll hopefully be entertaining etc..)

Check out RupertAngier's Wonderful Community Suggestions ;)
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=25755

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:12 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I hate to be " that guy", but would it have been better to just set a date and time to show up to the tournament than waiting possibly a week to battle each other hoping that the other guy will show up?

I mean just setting up a date and time to battle 1 month in advance would get the tournament moving a lot faster. If people are concerned about timezones, would it not be best to have multiple tournaments then for different timezones?

Just something I would like to point out because this seems to be taking way to long...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:19 am 
Corporal
Corporal

00Nick00 wrote:
I hate to be " that guy", but would it have been better to just set a date and time to show up to the tournament than waiting possibly a week to battle each other hoping that the other guy will show up?

I mean just setting up a date and time to battle 1 month in advance would get the tournament moving a lot faster. If people are concerned about timezones, would it not be best to have multiple tournaments then for different timezones?

Just something I would like to point out because this seems to be taking way to long...

"I mean just setting up a date and time to battle 1 month in advance..."

1 month in advance for each battle would take 3 months to complete this 3 round tournament. The tournament runs a lot faster now.

1 week to complete the games of each round is much faster and a lot more convenient for the players.
For example, for me, because of my job, it is extremely hard, nearly impossible I could say, to commit to a game scheduled one month ahead. It is much easier now.

Also it is not only a matter of scheduling when to play but it is also a matter of preparing for the next game.
For example me and Nick1313 played our first game but for the 2nd game I asked and he gave me some time to prepare for the next battle.

This is just the first tournament and even though it is awesome it meant to be more about learning for future tournaments. Nevertheless the idea of multiple tournaments in the future is not bad. A few weeks ago I PMed at RupertAngier about an idea of multiple tournaments.
"I hope that at some point, tournaments will be automated. 8 or 16 or 32 player tournaments with fixed level caps that start as soon as enough players apply and winners of each round engaged to wait their next opponent and play the next round right after their win. Just 1 game between each pair of players and winner progresses to the next round. Coin toss determines who plays first when Mechs are at the same level. Buying new kits or changing the Mech should not be available between tournament rounds. Each tournament win counts more than the standard PVP win for the rankings and each tournament lose is worse than the standard PVP lose for the rankings. Winner of the tournament gets bonus SMs and bonus points for the rankings. Public profiles record the winning tournaments."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:43 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

captain1821 wrote:
00Nick00 wrote:

"I mean just setting up a date and time to battle 1 month in advance..."

1 month in advance for each battle would take 3 months to complete this 3 round tournament. The tournament runs a lot faster now.

eh... I think you miss understood what I said. I mean have an official date for battles to take place on the same day, not 1 battle a month....

Anyways, I do understand that not everyone would be able to show up to a tournament ( people do have other things to do sometimes), but having time to gather everyone up to a certain date may be better for having tournaments go by faster (and also, have them be better organized).

Of course, there could be multiple tournament brackets each month. week 1 could be levels 20-25 with week two being 25-30 and so on and so forth ( of course, with better tweaking of level range).

Anyways, I see no problems with set dates other than people not being able to show up sometimes ( can't show up to them all unless you have a ton of free time anyways).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next