It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic at all times in this board.

Please be respectful to other members and administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: SuperMech Tournament
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:53 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

RupertAngier wrote:
00Nick00 wrote:
Note: I won't be in this tournament....

I think the rules need to be expanded to include other things.

Examples...

1.) What if their is a sever crash in the middle of the match?

2.) What will happen if a players disconnected? Will it count as a loss to that player?

3.) What will happen if a players turn gets skipped?

4.) What will happen if both players can't battle each other?

5.) What will happen if a player can't fight in the other battles? ( They were able to complete a battle or 2, but there is an issues going on preventing a 3rd battle from happening.)

6.) How long will it take ( estimation ) for a player to get their prize?

7.) Are there going to be any items that won't be usable in this tournament? If so, why?

8.) What will happen if an opponent cheats? ( Of course, they will not get the prize, but stating this in the OP will make that an official rule and not an unspoken rule....)

9.) What if an opponent is caught cheating, but it is not notice until late in the tournament?
Sorry for all the questions, but I think these should be addressed.
Anyways, I think there may be some issues with this tournament, but as other have said this is the first one, so there will probably be some issues.

1. if the server crashes you redo the battle..
2. if you disconnect I'll have to look into it a bit.. etc..
3. make sure you are in a good place where you'll most likely your turn won't be skipped cause you'll have to deal with turn losses as best you can..
4. then they both forfeit.. doubt that'll happen though..
5. if it's not over it's not over.. idk how else to put it...
6. not super long.. but may take a little while..
7. everything is fair game as long as it's not over a level cap
8. if they cheat they forfeit.. and you'll have me trying to get them in trouble ;)
9. it's your job as well to make sure your opponent is not cheating... I can only do so much with how the game currently works.. if you want to make sure on things.. youtube record the game etc..

This is what I said about it earlier...

Check out RupertAngier's Wonderful Community Suggestions ;)
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=25755

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:15 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

So, i and SideOneDummy also completed our matches.
Quote:
Short review:
  • 1st match: SideOneDummy picked 35 as lvl cap. SideOneDummy won.
  • 2nd match: Aeacus picked 35 as lvl cap. SideOneDummy won.
  • 3rd match: SideOneDummy picked 35 as lvl cap. Aeacus won.
  • 4th match: Aeacus picked 53 as lvl cap. Aeacus won.
  • 5th match: SideOneDummy picked 33 as lvl cap. SideOneDummy won.

SideOneDummy won 3 matces.
Aeacus won 2 matches.

SideOneDummy advances to the next round.

--
Aeacus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:16 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

SideOneDummy wrote:
Niko1313 wrote:
BigDaddy22 wrote:
Confirming that Captain has moved on to the next round.
It was 3-2 to him, congrats and good luck for the rest of the event!

log of matches went
Captain chooses and starts, level 70, Captain wins.
BigDaddy chooses starts, level 28, BigDaddy wins.
BigDaddy chooses starts, level 28, BigDaddy wins.

It was a thumbs up for Supermechs that the event ran, and a pleasure to have been in it. Thanks to the mods for the work organizing it.

As was suggested and mentioned in the various posts through the thread, for future events it may be better to have to win by two clear matches, in our match each time the person going first won the match, he went first and reached 3 before me. This is NOT to say I am unhappy with the result, rather a constructive observation for next tournament.
This was amplified by a seemingly different game mechanic; where for equal level mechs the first person to start the match got two full turns rather than one turn. For similar build mechs and similar skilled players thats an awful lot of advantage to overcome, particularly at level 70 where the swords are hitting for 150-ish and the droid for 100-ish, unless the second player can gain a clear advantage of over about 400 HP, then we can predict that 'first player = winner' will apply.

Perhaps you should replay the matches - in my matches with Lorinser21, we had the same level mechs. equipped and she began 1st every match since I am the higher level player (per the game rules), however took only 1 turn - per the "gentleman's rule" with the 2nd being a cooldown.

We are all aware of the game "bug" where players having the same level mech. should only get 1 turn, however in some cases can have 2 turns.

For the tournament and the game in general - all players should go by the rules or that could be considered "cheating".

- Niko
I thought that Rupert made it clear that it wasn't should, but all games were supposed to be fought via the gentlemen's rule? Either way, if BigDaddy22 lost because the of not having the gentlemen's rule apply to him, I think that is mighty unfair!

I'm not aware of that rule and I didn’t know that this was a bug, as every time I play with someone that has a mech of the same level, he gets 2 turns or I get 2 turns in the first round unless the system forbids it, which is very rare. Also BigDaddy said nothing.

Anyway, I believe that it wouldn't make any difference as in every game in my last turn the damage that my mech could do, was much higher than the damage of that extra turn of mine in the first round. Also, in one game I didn’t even needed a 2nd turn in the last round.

Also, when we were playing at BigDaddy’s lvl cap, BigDaddy was taking 2 full turns first, while my mech was clearly in a much lower level than his. This was a bug because even though in game the lvl of my mech was showing correctly, in the replays, it shows as a level 41 even though it had nothing of that level on it. Playing first in the first round wouldn’t make any difference, as my mech was outleveled.

For all those reasons, I do not believe that we have to replay the games. Nevertheless, if BigDaddy wants a rematch, or if the admins believe that we have to play again, I don’t have a problem replaying those games. In case of a rematch in the spirit of fair play, I would request using the same mechs, even though the games we played are nothing to be proud of because both me and BigDaddy had no time to create proper strategies for giving a good fight when it wasn’t our turn to pick lvl cap. (BigDaddy was already late for something he had to do and I was already too many hours in an internet café and I wanted this to be done as I don’t have an internet connection to my new home yet).

If we don’t need to replay, then who picks first between me and Niko? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:41 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

well I feel like it was also his responsibility to stop the battle and say hey I don't think this is allowed lets ask rupert instead of now having to worry about it.. cause now it's not really fair to either of you.. :|

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:03 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

yeah I do have some of the blame.. and that's a good idea..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:35 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

I agree - let's make it so

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:02 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

These things happen and it is good that happened now because it is really not a big deal. Taking one turn less in the first round would change nothing. After the last messages I changed my mind and I prefer to do the games again, rather than leave shades around my progress to the next round, especially if there is someone (that should speak now) that has the slightest belief that I do not deserve those 3 wins and should replay. Of course if BigDaddy sees this as a waste of time, no-one can force him to agree to a rematch.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next