It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: What is love?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:15 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Love is being yourself

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:44 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Love is a useless (maybe not as strong of a word, troublesome then) emotion that causes us to mix up our priorities over another humanoid. It hinders us from common sense and wastes our time in life. There may be joy in it but over time it fades and you're then left with nothing. People will unnecessarily give anything to maintain their love, which in some cases causes our own energy, money, and death. Reproduction from love is the only gain from love. When love is lost you're left alone and have given all these things for your love. You end up feeling very unhappy.
Don't have time to post more, but that's my personal opinion. But remember:
    - Love is war. If love is a battlefield then I’m all for world peace.
    - Always remember when a person sweeps you off your feet, they're in the perfect position to drop you!
    - Food that exceeds its “use by” or “best before” date, my teacher explained, loses nutritional value and eventually goes rancid. The same thing, I realized, just might hold true for a relationship that’s past its prime: It not only fails to fortify you, it can even make you sick. –Brooke Fisher, “Everything Has a Shelf Life”

No signatures will be made.

Spam Day RPs have been thrown away.

Tittle as Maintenance Team and GM as been abandoned.

Good luck with the forums, you'll need it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:01 pm 
News Team
News Team

the opposite of what Tmog said :P

Ex-Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:23 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Ponk wrote:
the opposite of what Tmog said :P

You'll find out soon enough, if you love too much it will scar you and you'll regret it. I know I have.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:36 pm 
News Team
News Team

TheMasterOfGames wrote:
I know I have.

Care to explain?

Ex-Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:04 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

*sigh* Alright then. I may have to stop though.

When I was in my Senior year, there was a girl that I really liked. Fine black hair...Anyways, finally I got the balls to ask her to go out to the park so we could watch the Cherry Blossoms fall. My friends kept telling me, "Ask her Isao-chan!" "Your such a girl Isao-chan!" *upper cut punch* *thump* "Gak! Okay...you're...not...a girl..." Then I LOLed. But anyway, she blushed and said yes. People thought I was so happy. With the occasional "Your suddenly gay!" followed by my uppercut (which is why my intelligent friends never piss me off). So now my girl (btw, her name was Kaede) and me are having lot of fun. Then when she was driving me home, a car rear-ended us and we ended up swerving off the road of the freeway and into a phone box. Both me and her got our heads slammed(but only my airbad went off). Everything happened so fast, but I remember clearly regardless. Kaede was unconscious. I attempted to pull her out of the car but her legs were jammed between the seat and the car, this is also the first time I had seen this much blood. My vision began to fade. I thought I was dieing (and I wanted to call up my friend to tell him with it felt like since he wanted to know, heh.) Next thing I know I'm in a hospital. My forehead suddenly began to hurt a lot. All my classmates from class B were all around me. I heard my friend yell, "ISAO-CHAN! YOU'RE ALIVE!" "...yeah..." I said with a weak voice. "...wheres Kaede?..." My friends hesitated, and then one of my friends said that she had died in the accident.
Now at this very moment, I really felt something in my chest snap. It was weird, but I could just tell my heart had broke. Yeah it sounds cheesy but I remember.
I'm sorry but I can't keep typing this, it reminds me of what happened too much.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:48 pm 
News Team
News Team

wow... i'm really sorry to hear that...

In discussion purposes, i don't think that's love's fault. I can see why you don't believe in love now though.

Ex-Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:01 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Let me take something that's good, happy and unexplainable and turn it into logical stuff you'd hate. :)

IMO, love is nothing but a set of thoughts that we created to describe maternal, societal and...mating.... instincts. Love isn't something special it's just instinct.

So yeah, I'm the guy everyone eventually hates.

[Advice for the New Player Here]

Last edited by MmCm6 on Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:08 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Ok, here is a reason to fear love.
I were dating a girl, it were a long distance relationship so i didn't see her much which caused loads of problems, and made it harder. But anyway, I'l ltell the REALLY short version because anything else would be to long for anyone to read =P
long story short:
she cheated on me 3 times but i forgave her to give love another chance and "if you love someone you'll do ANYTHING for them" so most times i didn't even break up.
She also left me 3 times for other guys, last time for a friend of mine, i took her back al lthe times because i loved her and love made me blind. i wanted to think that she loved me and that we could last, i did all to feel love again cuz i really loved her, not sure if i still do or not.
But she said she wanted to cut contact, i figured out it was the smartest thing to do as well, but then she started nagging me for cutting her out of my life. I desided that i woulden't answer her, because even if i love her the cost of love is sometimes way to high.

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:42 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Sometimes i still cant get why, other people who "love" you, just cheat on you if they are away for sometime...i know its temping and really good to meet new people and doing things with them....but that just breaks the meaning of love
If you cant resist some simple feelings because you only think of yourself...then you will know there will be noone to really help you when you need it...

For me Love, is not a word, its not being with my gf for many years having fun, its not going out, its not drinking/dancing on clubs....i can do those things with my friends too :S

Love is....actually being there for someone else,never betray them,listening to them,helping them where others cant, be happy every time you see her, everytime you look into hey eyes and think...I LOVE YOU!
Accepting them as they are, never try to change them to your own will,caring.....feeling safe.....

Now if someone is helping you,cares for you,never betrays you, thinks of you all the time,actually loves you...

Why would you even consider cheat on him and lose all the good things....?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next