It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: League of Legends rising to the top?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:41 am 
Private
Private
 WWW  Profile

I heard from my friends that League of Legends is now the 3rd most played online game and still rising. StarCraft is also losing it's place as the 1st most played, and WoW the 2nd! Personally, I love League of Legends and I think this is awesome~ it's to be expected, too, since a huge World Tournament for the game just finished. IGN IPL and Riot Employees say that more people are watching League of Legends Tournaments than people that watch World Series Baseball.

Come join me in League of Legends!

Post subject: Re: League of Legends rising to the top?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:24 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I'm pretty sure its the first

Source
Source

I said Welcome to Detroit City

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:58 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

YaoiBlossom wrote:
IGN IPL and Riot Employees say that more people are watching League of Legends Tournaments than people that watch World Series Baseball.

who the hell watches baseball
and i know theres a legitmate reason for american baseball being called the "world series" but that does not change the fact that it sounds egocentric

also i don't understand LoL it just does not seem that fun, no I have no tried it, and yes I should try it before I judge. but thrice I have gone to the site with the ambition being to download it and play, and thrice did I find that it just had zero apeal >.> in the end I just don't see the hype over it i'm sure there are better games then all of the "top 3" out there

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:03 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

overhyped game forced into the spotlight and is accompanied by a community as bad as the FGC.

there are better games

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:04 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

even gamestop employees were compalining to me about LoL cards being the only ones they ever sold

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:48 pm 
Private
Private
 WWW  Profile

Zudamar wrote:
and i know theres a legitmate reason for american baseball being called the "world series" but that does not change the fact that it sounds egocentric

Ikr? It's like back when they had the muscle contests where we referred to ourselves as "Mr. Universe".

Anyway, it's actually not that bad and not over-hyped. The outer shell of the community is horrible, but then you can dig in a little deeper to find the better parts. Personally, I don't solo-queue anymore, I play with my friends who are hilarious to hear scream "PLS HEP MEEEE" in their mics. XD I also founda great sphere of players called LowElo, the 99% of players who are classy and aren't pros. You just gotta find your spot in LoL, and it becomes a blast.

Come join me in League of Legends!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:06 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

YaoiBlossom wrote:
Anyway, it's actually not that bad and not over-hyped. The outer shell of the community is horrible, but then you can dig in a little deeper to find the better parts. Personally, I don't solo-queue anymore, I play with my friends who are hilarious to hear scream "PLS HEP MEEEE" in their mics. XD I also founda great sphere of players called LowElo, the 99% of players who are classy and aren't pros. You just gotta find your spot in LoL, and it becomes a blast.

i disagree with your opinion because it's the wrong opinion.

i have plenty of images in mind to help me show why LoL is terrible but i didn't save a single one because i never expected to participate in a LoL thread. so, i'll return when i see them float by again.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:03 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Zudamar wrote:
YaoiBlossom wrote:
IGN IPL and Riot Employees say that more people are watching League of Legends Tournaments than people that watch World Series Baseball.

who the hell watches baseball

also i don't understand LoL it just does not seem that fun, no I have no tried it, and yes I should try it before I judge. but thrice I have gone to the site with the ambition being to download it and play, and thrice did I find that it just had zero apeal >.> in the end I just don't see the hype over it i'm sure there are better games then all of the "top 3" out there

Huge necro here I', sorry, fast forward 2 years I play LoL almost every night with my buds... good lord

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:54 am 
Private
Private

I love LoL but hate playing it,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxAabW7JfTQ

Ranked is like wining makes u feel so happy!
but loseing makes u wana kill ur self

its realy stressfull

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]