It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Battledawn Helper Program Ideas
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:42 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I was thinking of making a program that might actually make playing BD easier.

In it, I was thinking there would be features like:
-Buttons that take you to the various BD sites
-A "Quick Notes" Section where you can write down things
-An adjustable timer (so that you can know when the next voting will be, for example)

I figured there are so many better ideas that could also be in this, I even thought of some good ones in a brain storming session (except i lost the paper, and now I'm sitting here being tired and un-able to think of good ideas).

So I figured I would ask you guys since my creativity has disappeared.
And yes, I'm actually going to take this seriously un-like my BD.exe post.

So you got any good ideas? Maybe something you do in real life that you would like to do on the computer? Maybe something that you use another program for, but would like to use in a program that you use for BD anyways? Maybe something original? Please tell me.

PM me if you wanna have some fun :D

Post subject: Re: Battledawn Helper Program Ideas
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:51 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

make a BD toolbar apps so that u can attach it to the current official BD toolbar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:55 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

aister wrote:
make a BD toolbar apps so that u can attach it to the current official BD toolbar

[edit]
thank you for the sugestion.
I totally would, [/edit]
except the BD toolbar is gross as hell. D:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:09 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Do you actually use the BD Toolbar Aister? I am inherently against any sort of toolbar.

Make it so that you can have several timers that you set yourself, for example in 20 minutes just before EOT it notifies you to remind you about checking an attack. That's the only thing I'd use :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:27 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Milanos wrote:
Do you actually use the BD Toolbar Aister? I am inherently against any sort of toolbar.

Make it so that you can have several timers that you set yourself, for example in 20 minutes just before EOT it notifies you to remind you about checking an attack. That's the only thing I'd use :lol:

thanks for the idea! :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:35 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

minpk wrote:
I was thinking of making a program that might actually make playing BD easier.

In it, I was thinking there would be features like:
-Buttons that take you to the various BD sites
-A "Quick Notes" Section where you can write down things
-An adjustable timer (so that you can know when the next voting will be, for example)

I figured there are so many better ideas that could also be in this, I even thought of some good ones in a brain storming session (except i lost the paper, and now I'm sitting here being tired and un-able to think of good ideas).

So I figured I would ask you guys since my creativity has disappeared.
And yes, I'm actually going to take this seriously un-like my BD.exe post.

So you got any good ideas? Maybe something you do in real life that you would like to do on the computer? Maybe something that you use another program for, but would like to use in a program that you use for BD anyways? Maybe something original? Please tell me.

- What BD sites? Other then the Wiki and Forums, which are already linked extensively throughout BD, I don't see what needs to be added. Please elaborate?

- Decent enough idea, but I doubt it would be used much if at all. Usually things like that just end up ignored.

- Next voting? How do you mean? For what?

As for Milan, Toolbars are rather old fashioned and frankly just of an older era of the internet. Not sure why they still bother promoting this one. Oh well. As for timers for EOT etc, an alarm clock is probably best for that. I don't see the advantage of BD reinventing the wheel...

Sorry but an aiding program needs to be extremely useful to get downloaded whatsoever. This is rarely the case and I can't personally come up with things that would be worth the production of such program that I wouldn't rather have in the main client itself. (an easier distance calculator and planning tools for example)

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]