It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: What do you think about The Last of Us on PS3
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:59 pm 
Private
Private

Harbinger745 wrote:
:lol: suuuuure

Agreed.
I was watching someone play GTA V in RL, and they were just driving round the whole time. Well, okay, not the whole time, they stopped off at the golf course to check the golf out... but most of that was driving round in the golf buggy to find the ball.[/rant]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:56 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

fake wrote:
Harbinger745 wrote:

Agreed.
I was watching someone play GTA V in RL, and they were just driving round the whole time. Well, okay, not the whole time, they stopped off at the golf course to check the golf out... but most of that was driving round in the golf buggy to find the ball.[/rant]

Thanks for proving my point. In the last of us you follow the main story and you're done. The main story of GTA is about just as long, but you also spend over triple that just cruising around having fun, doing side missions and enjoying the amazing world Rockstar has crafted with pretty much no limits. Skydiving, golfing, tennis, diving and so on.

The fact you're not just limited to the scripted, planned gameplay and actually have the most fun of the game just finding random things to do goes to show that GTA5 is an amazing game. As a game it is vastly superior to TLoU. GTA5 is extremely entertaining for hundreds of hours.

As story TLoU is better, however, old rpg's are better then TLoU in that aspect. And as an artform, Journey is probably the best game out there.

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:01 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

Alexanderkitty wrote:
fake wrote:
Harbinger745 wrote:

Agreed.

Thanks for proving my point. In the last of us you follow the main story and you're done. The main story of GTA is about just as long, but you also spend over triple that just cruising around having fun, doing side missions and enjoying the amazing world Rockstar has crafted with pretty much no limits. Skydiving, golfing, tennis, diving and so on.

The fact you're not just limited to the scripted, planned gameplay and actually have the most fun of the game just finding random things to do goes to show that GTA5 is an amazing game. As a game it is vastly superior to TLoU. GTA5 is extremely entertaining for hundreds of hours.

As story TLoU is better, however, old rpg's are better then TLoU in that aspect. And as an artform, Journey is probably the best game out there.

As a person that loves RPG's and Open World games more than any other, I can say that TLoU is better than GTAV, also "Skydiving, golfing, tennis, diving and so on" I can do that by going outside(Skydiving not as simple but I can still do it if I wanted).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:32 pm 
Private
Private

Alexanderkitty wrote:
The main story of GTA is about just as long, but you also spend over triple that just cruising around having fun, doing side missions

No, you'll spend 10 minutes driving round for fun at first, then get sick of driving, like when you die during a mission, respawn in a hospital, then have spend half an hour driving all the way back again.

Alexanderkitty wrote:
Skydiving, golfing, tennis, diving and so on.

Like I already pointed out with the golf, yes it's a fun novelty, but only for about 2 minutes, and then you get annoyed by having to drive to your ball in the golf cart, and decide to just go run people over with it instead.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2