It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: wasteful changes.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:13 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I hate to say this, and insult peoples ideas on improving battledawn, but the new changes, such as global chat and new layouts was kind of wasteful. You guys couldve fixed glitches or the battle sim problems. Or advetise for this game or find out how to make a mobile verison. Q.Q

The weapon miester rank 5
my profiles:
Hoy n' Juicy Pounder

Post subject: Re: wasteful changes.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:23 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

If you know of any glitches, please do report them :) That goes for the battle sim as well.

If you do not like the global chat or have suggestions/feedback in any other way, feel free to post. There have been a lot of suggestions lately that have been accepted, it's the easiest way to make yourself be heard to the Battledawn Admins/developers.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:34 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Did you guys put in expierence in battle sim or change max units?

my profiles:
Hoy n' Juicy Pounder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:39 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Alex3117 wrote:

How would you imagine putting experience into the battle sim? I've once thought about it too and how it should be added, but then you would need to add quite a lot.. There are 12 levels of exp, all with different HP/Damage/Range. That would mean a lot of new rows in the battle sim, and you would have to start checking every seperate squad for their exp to be able to input it efficiently.

What I do is usually calculate the stuff with the experienced units in excel, it's not that hard to be honest :)

As far as max units are concerned.. Why not just divide all numbers by 2? Or by 10, if needed?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:09 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Players can put the average expierence for thier units. Itll give them an idea of the total they may lose. You could put +12, +11 , +10 for the levels of expierence.

my profiles:
Hoy n' Juicy Pounder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:15 pm 
Major
Major

Alex3117 wrote:

If you took exp into account in the battle simulator it would literally add hundreds of variables. I am pretty confident in saying no one is going to input all that information when a bit of simple math will yield you the same results.
As for your complaint about the global chat that is not exactly new as it has been there for quite sometime. The updated UI was made to draw in more players which I would say caters to your idea of advertising. No matter what people wish to say graphics is the first draw of any game, gameplay is what keeps players but graphics hooks them initially. That being said a modern UI means we are more likely to retain new players who will later become hooked by the gameplay just as we have.
Regarding glitches we have a team that constantly tests any glitches that we come across or that is reported by players, if you know of any please do tell us. Now to your final point of finding out how to make a mobile version, it is not that the knowledge how to do so is not there but the fact that it really is not feasible.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:58 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Advertising in game would help if we had enough people, i believe advertising out of game would have help more.

my profiles:
Hoy n' Juicy Pounder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:06 pm 
Major
Major

Alex3117 wrote:
Advertising in game would help if we had enough people, i believe advertising out of game would have help more.

I disagree, we have many people coming to bd but not many staying. With an updated more modern UI we should be able to keep more of the players that do visit.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:42 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

well, if your looking for gameplay and not visuals, then your not a very good game euthist, many of those would not have stayed anyway. maybe we should change the setup of the game slightly. maybe a world that doesnt end?

my profiles:
Hoy n' Juicy Pounder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:06 pm 
Major
Major

Alex3117 wrote:
well, if your looking for gameplay and not visuals, then your not a very good game euthist, many of those would not have stayed anyway.

I believe you reversed this but either way it is not true. Graphics is always the first hook any game has, if the game looks bad or out of date you just cut down your audience majorly.
Alex3117 wrote:
maybe we should change the setup of the game slightly. maybe a world that doesnt end?

I fail to see how a world that does not end meaning no winner would attract players. This game thrives on a competitive nature and by removing that you kill it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]