It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Your best BD memories !!
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:47 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Varidhish wrote:
starwa7s wrote:
My best BD moments were during high school ^_^ we had one of the earliest mods in our class when the game was fairly new so he advertised it through school and everyone in year started playing together :)

Any way we can contact him ??
please pm me !!

His name was Zal. I talk to him on facebook but I'm not sure he gives it out to BD players. I know he has Skype and Simmen has his skype details.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

starwa7s wrote:
Varidhish wrote:
starwa7s wrote:
My best BD moments were during high school ^_^ we had one of the earliest mods in our class when the game was fairly new so he advertised it through school and everyone in year started playing together :)

Any way we can contact him ??
please pm me !!

His name was Zal. I talk to him on facebook but I'm not sure he gives it out to BD players. I know he has Skype and Simmen has his skype details.

I have Zal on Steam, old friend of mine. Should have told me you knew him, i'd have brought you in for a round some time. Love that guy.

He doesn't come on skype anymore I heard, but i'll nudge him to this thread.

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:43 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

haha I talked to him on facebook already ^_^ he was a bit confused as to why he was wanted :P

I knew him from high school really, not so much battle dawn. He refused to play with us because we weren't good enough for him at the time xD

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:17 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

fake wrote:
Alexanderkitty wrote:
I still remember my very first round

So do I, but not because I've got a good memory, but because I'm still in it.

I don't have any old memoiries like you veterans, but what I do remember, is the annoyance of getting my outpost stolen as soon as I built it (on my first tick) my castle being captured as soon as I came out of protection, my crystal being stolen as soon as I got it, and the satisfaction, after over a hundred ticks, and numerous failed rebelion attempts, at finally liberation my castle, and staying free, and then winning my outpost back.

You have had quite the traumatic experience. Have you considered grief counseling?

CBop - Member/Leader (Champs Era)
JFA - Member (E1 current era)
BYZ - Leader (E4 current era)

Founder, The Byzantine Empire

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:00 pm 
Captain
Captain

Last time I checked Zal had skype but he never is on....

Retired NEWS Reporter.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:21 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

i think i'd be banned and possibly get some others in trouble if i shared mine.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:11 pm 
Private
Private

lol :P
anyway keep the stories coming !!

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:56 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Well, my best BD memory was only 2 years ago back in the summer of 2011. earth 3. The round was half way and i had become leader by coincident, (forgot details) of a mid 20 alliance called MoDE. I was leading it for the rest of the era. I made my alliance progress alot during that time and managed to get to the top 12. Knowing I was able to lead an alliance.

Therefor, when havoc occured and the round was almost at its end, i announced i would start a new fresh alliance called Ultimate Force (UF). I recruited some of the members I had in MoDE and even made an announcement on the forum. I stated that we would start in western Australia and advance into further territory such as Indonesia and Antartica.
As our neighbours in eastern Australia (BC) were doubling their power by the day, I knew we had trouble on our hand. After long negotiations, I managed to get a treaty for 500 ticks under the condition we had to move by the time was up.
So thats where it started.

As i found a new spot in Antarctica just south-west of south America, we needed to move our army's first all the way through Antarctica, to the new hive, just to secure the place. We made alot of progress every day and as our army's reached the new hive, we conquered almost everything along the way. So we were ready to move our colony's. I made a strong ally with our new neighbours west of us (BT) and continued conquering Antarctica. We gained power and people were seeking to join us. Therefor I made a sub (UF2). As we had control over the entire continent it was time to face our first strong enemy in south america. With the help of BT we conquered them and made them run to their ally's in Africa, which was controlled by the number 1 rank alliance called RoL.

As we then advanced from south America to north America. We became rank 3 on the list and another sub was added to UF (UF3). Now for a little summary of our situation at the time: we were ranked 3 on the list with 2 subs, 1 of them ranked in top 12. UF gained control over Antarctica, South America and North America. UF became part of the newly so called, AA coalition, consisted of BT, UF, UF2 and DKS alliance. BT was ranked in second, and the leader of BT and myself were planning the attack on RoL. RoL on the other hand was gaining extremely high scores, crystals and power, mostly gained by the previous ranked 2 alliance BC!

BC got annihilated in that war and only 1-2 members of BC managed to escape with their army. As i was currently looking for a new member to join the main alliance, I found this guy mikey willing to join us. (remember his name) and I thought I could use someone anxious to been given a second change to fight against RoL.
As tensions between RoL and the AA coaltion were reaching the extreme, everyone could forseen that there was about to become a huge war.

BT was following the battle plan and tried to laid foot on the continent of Europe, trying to surprise RoL from the top, as UF was about to enter Africa from the closest point connected with Antarctica. So we would created a Blitzkrieg (fast-surprise-war with 2 fronts). BT got surprised by RoL as it looked like they were waiting for them. The poor bastards didnt stand a change against the huge amount of tanks coming from northern Africa. BT was lost and I knew with BT licking their wounds, RoL was coming for us! We abandoned the plan and prepared the defence at the tip of antarctica connecting with south America. DKS, under command of jetlag (if i remember), made a run for it. They didnt had any hope left and fled to Australia. The relics were out and UF and BT managed to get 2-3 relics. RoL did, obviously, managed to get the others.

Now I witnessed how RoL came down from North America to South America, conquering everything in their path. We prepared, and filled Antartica with nukes, op's and everything we could think of. We made a final defence, right there and then. There they came. Hundred of squads coming down as a first wave of enemy's bashing into Antarctica! PUSH THEM OUT! Fire the nukes! Unbelievable excitement rolled through my veins as we actually kept them out for almost 100 ticks! Reinforcements arrived and it was like they never sleep. Everyone from my alliance and my sub alliance fired everything they could. HOLD THEM! As i saw how RoL was attacking and retreating with hundreds of squads, I knew that we couldn't keep this up. And after a while RoL managed to get a foothold in Antarctica. Our armies had died and our nukes were to slow with reloading. They took our relics away from us with another relic of theirs, which they brought all the way from South africa, just to capture our relics all the way left of the screen in the middle of the ocean. It was done, and we accepted our faith of being conquered. Though just before they managed to conquer us, the admin made a mistake by ending the era to early.

Now the thing is that we actually stood a change against RoL as a coalition in Antarctica in the first place. So where did it go wrong? Well, it went wrong the minute I invited mikey, the survivor of BC into my alliance. As he was (confirmed) a spy for RoL. All this time he was sharing our top secret information with the number 1. Thats why RoL knew about our plan to attack from 2 sides and surprised BT, thats why they knew all of our builds, locations of army's, etc. Everything. Probably did the same thing with BC, but dont wanna drop conclusion on that one. What a shame though. But a good lesson learned in leadership. Maybe it was that I was to busy organising the attack and defence, instead of really looking at my members. I dont know.

Anyway, I hope you liked this story and I know its a long story but it was also a long writing haha.

peace

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2