It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:16 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

So..

Who's going to buy the new expension of WoW when it comes out?

I know i will , lvl my paladin to lvl 85 , doing the new raids , create a goblin and lvl it to 85 , moar raids , raid Deathwing on my paladin when the raid for him comes out ^_^ (In that order)

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

General
    * The main villain is Deathwing. He caused the cataclysm by entering Azeroth. His entry was so powerful that he burst through the crust of the planet, causing massive tsunamis, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, etc. that will alter the face of the planet.
    * The lore of Cataclysm has been in the works for nearly a decade now.
    * Deathwing's entry into Azeroth causes the elemental planes to be pushed up (or down in the case of the plane of air) into Azeroth, allowing access to them.
    * The Twilight's Hammer now serve Deathwing.
    * Orgrimmar is being upgraded with the black iron plating used on Garrosh's buildings in Northrend. Possibly a precursor to future events between the horde leadership.
    * Level cap of 85.
    * Level 1-60 experience completely revamped including new quests, items and art for classic zones. Many zones will be physically altered as well, due to the cataclysm. (More on classic leveling revamp)
    o The new zone flow will focus on smaller chunks of levels for each zone. Usually 5 levels per zone at higher levels instead of the large level ranges for zones like Stranglethorn Vale or Eastern Plaguelands.
    * Guild advancement system with a level cap of 20.
    o Level your guild through normal activity like dailies, raids and battlegrounds.
    o Leveling your guild unlocks a special "Guild Talent Tree" that grants perks for your guild.
    + Cheaper repairs
    + Less durability loss on wipes
    + Mass Resurrection (guild-wide res)
    * Phased terrain system, allowing quest progression to alter the terrain of the game. Example showed the Worgen starting area where Gilneas becomes progressively more flooded.
    * Flying mounts in all of Azeroth. All of the cities have been rebuilt to overcome previous technological hurdles with allowing this.
    * Talent trees are not being extended, but players will gain a talent point each level from 81 to 85 for a total of 5 more points.
    * Paths of the Titans - a new advancement system; the paths are not limited by class, so a Priest and a Rogue can follow the same path if they want.
    o Unlocks new abilities and passive bonuses based on the path you've chosen.
    * Mastery system being added.
    o Provides passive bonuses to your character as you spend more points in a talent tree. Example given was a rogue doing more poison damage or having increased critical chance.
    o Many talents are being reworked because of this system. Most of the passive crit, hit, etc. talents will likely be removed or changed.
    * The Alliance has finally lost Southshore to the Horde.
    * The Barrens has been ripped in two by the cataclysm; a chasm splits down the middle of the zone with lava flowing through it.
    * Southern Barrens is now a lush, tropical landscape; Naralex saw his plans come to fruition.
    * Desolace has cracked open, allowing water to nurture the soil. Desolace is now also a lush landscape.
    * Darkshore has been revamped; Auberdine was completely destroyed by the cataclysm and the night elves have created a new quest hub further north.
    * Garrosh has built a fortress at Zoram Strand in Ashenvale.
    * Goblins cut a path in the mountains of Stonetalon, creating a road between Stonetalon and Ashenvale instead of the cave that was once there.
    * A mountain near the Charred Vale in Stonetalon has collapsed, allowing direct access to the sea.
    * Azshara is now a level 10-20 zone; goblins will progress here from the Lost Isles. They've turned the old, annoying mountain into a quarry.
Worgen

* The worgen models shown are slightly higher quality than those currently in the game. No female models were done as of yet.
    * Metzen hints that the worgen summoned by Arugal may not be from "somewhere" else, but rather "somewhen" else. Quite probably from another time all together.
    * The area of Gilneas is being assaulted by the Forsaken. The starting area will contain a story progression similar to the Death Knight starting area.
    * One of their racials is called Dark Flight, a sprint-like ability. (More on Worgen racials)
Goblins

* The goblin society is broken up into cartels, run by Trade Princes. The goblins you play are a neutral cartel.
    * The cataclysm hit Kezan "very hard" according to Metzen. It's possible the goblin capital is destroyed.
    * You start in the Lost Isles as a shipwrecked goblin refugee.
    * You aren't part of the horde at character creation; you join the horde in the starting experience.
    * The goblin mount looks like some form of demolisher vehicle.
    * Goblins have a rocket belt that allows them to use two rocket-themed racials. (More on Goblin racials)

New Zones

* 5 level 78-85 zones.
    * 2 level 1-10 zones for the new races (one each)
    * 7 new overland level-up zones:
    o Twilight Highlands
    + Grim Batol is located here. It's been sheared in half by Deathwing as he returned, his molten body permanently scarring the land.
    + Grim Batol is the current base of operations for Deathwing.
    + Two port towns will be found here, one for Alliance and one for Horde.
    + The Red Dragonflight has been completely pushed out of Grim Batol and into Twilight Highlands.
    + Home of the new dragonflight, the Twilight Dragonflight, created by Deathwing.
    o Mt. Hyjal - 78-80
    + Under siege by Ragnaros.
    + The elemental plane of fire (The Firelands) will be accessible from here.
    + Malfurion Stormrage is here and helps players fight against the legions of the plane of fire.
    o Deepholm (hub to access all other new zones)
    + Populated by Twilight's Hammer. They're primarily based in the Temple of Earth where they helped nurse Deathwing back to full health.
    + A large subterrainian environment.
    o Uldum
    + A desert level-up zone with two dungeons.
    + Rumored to hold a secret doomsday weapon that everyone wants to get their hands on for different reasons.
    + Home of a new creature race: the stone-cat Tol'vir
    +
    o Sunken City of Vashj'ir - 78-80
    + The home of Lady Vashj before the original sundering.
    + The gateway to the Abyssal Maw, the elemental plane of water
    + Completely underwater area. You'll play on the sea floor though so the experience isn't different from other overland zones.
    + New underwater mounts that move at flying speed for use in Vashj'ir

New Raids and Dungeons

* The Firelands
    o Elemental plane of fire; home of Ragnaros. Sulfuron Keep is found here.
    * Uldum: Halls of Origination
    o An ancient titan location. Expect the story of the secret weapon to culminate here (or possibly lead to future developments)
    * Uldum: Lost City of Tol'vir
    o The home of the Titan-created race the Tol'vir.
    * Blackrock Caverns
    o A new cavernous dungeon located in Blackrock Spire. Heavily populated by Twilight's Hammer, it's a base of operations for Deathwing.
    * Grim Batol
    o Two dungeons: a level-up dungeon as well as a raid.
    * Skywall
    o Elemental plane of air; two dungeons: level-up as well as a raid.
    * Heroic: Deadmines and Heroic: Shadowfang Keep
    o Classic dungeons upgraded to level 85 difficulty.
    o New encounters, creatures and items for heroic difficulty.

* Tol Barad
    o An overland zone built like a mixture of Wintergrasp and Isle of Quel'danas
    + During a battle you'll fight for control of it like Wintergrasp.
    + When a battle isn't going on, you have access to many daily quests. It's being designed as the daily quest hub for the expansion.
    o Controlling Tol Barad unlocks the Tol Barad Prison and additional daily quests.
    * 3 new battlegrounds including the Battle for Gilneas.
    * New arena maps
    * Rated Battleground system being added that offers the same types of gear as the arena system.

Total amount of crystals/relics obtained 2500~/11

Post subject: Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:04 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

My guess is 90% of people buying this, are making up for their life with this game.

I like the game, but if you love this game this much. wow.

white lady says:Obama said "I'm going to turn this country into a Marxism country". Its a reliable source, some guy with a pointy white mask gave it to me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:03 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I like the game played at a friends house and such and Yes it is a great game but NO it is not worth it

for this game to keep updateing and progressing it must charge a monthly fee where I am 15$

Below is the price in years: will list year 1 as 2004 the games release date

180 1 year 2004
360 2 year 2005
540 3 year 2006
720 4 year 2007
900 5 year 2008
1080 6 year 2009

This expansion will come out 2010 (at my guess meaning)

-1260 7 years

My guess is WoW will last at MINIMUM 5 more years do to its popularity so

Add the cost of the games 50$ each (when they were all new releases)
=200

Therefore someone who played WoW from the start would have paid
aprox 1280$
And someone who playes WoW for its entire existance would pay 2360$ give or take an amount.

Dont get me wrong as I said I like the game and I am interested in seeing these worgen things as I am a fan of werewolves however I just dont thi

o(although it is brilliant on Blizzards partif only 9 million players played a year (and I heard its more) they woul be makeing one billion six hundred twenty million a year by my calculations and that is not even adding game prices and nk it is worht that much $$$

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:25 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

I played it, and yes it was rediculously fun, but definately not worth $15 a month. Especially with school. I wouldn't have enough time for it, school, and my life. That's why I play games you can be laid back in like BD.

Seth wrote:
And watch. Youll chase everyone away.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:23 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

Its only 12$ here.
But i don't exactly play it all year long , currently on my 3th month(2009).
So.. only 64$ in total , whas worth it till now for my :P

Total amount of crystals/relics obtained 2500~/11

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:10 am 
Captain
Captain

Old Republic will PHOWN WoW

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]