It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [Official] Championship Era Newspaper
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:18 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Hello BattleDawners,

In less than 2 weeks, the biggest and most anticipated event of BattleDawn, the Annual BattleDawn Championship, will officially begin. Together with the event, the Official Championship Newspaper will also be released.

We are a group of 6 volunteers under direct management of admin Ilona. Our team consists of:
- Aister - Editor
- Korupt
- Bean
- Cody
- Slinky
- Dan - graphic designer - proofreader
Please note, we DON'T accept new members.

News releases will be posted every Thursday and Sunday around 21:00 GMT+1. Our first release will be online in 5 days on the 25th, featuring interviews of some well-known players. So make sure to read it ;)

Note: To provide a comfortable reading experience, this thread is locked and will be used to post releases only. For discussions and general chat, please go to this thread. Thank you.

======================

Official BattleDawn Championship Newspaper

Please feel free to send any questions, suggestions or feedback to either one of these:
- Email: [email protected]
- In-game PM
- Forum PM
Thank you for reading.

Post subject: Re: [Official] Championship Era Newspaper
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:59 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Hello everyone, welcome to the official newspaper of the Championship Era. We are a team focused on delivering unbiased and latest news across the world, approved by and under the direct management of our beloved Ilona.

In just less than a week, the most anticipated event of the year, the Annual BattleDawn Championship (aka the ABC) will begin. The official announcement thread has nearly 20 pages, with over 10 thousand views. The suggestion to change the alliance size for the era to 12 men per alliance has also gathered an enormous amount of support, 114 people agreed while only 16 disagreed with unconvincing reasons. Ilona had to give in and changed the limit as everyone wished.

With the D-day getting close, preparation for the era is getting hotter and hotter, with alliances trying to recruit good players to help them achieve victory, as well as trying to get other alliances’ intel. We had a small interview with a few player on how they prepared for the Era, as well as other things related to it.

Could you introduce yourself a little?
Quote:
Greeny: My name is Greeny, more known as GreenDayIsBack.I have been playing this game for about 6.5 years now.

Senatus: I'm Senatus, Milan in real life, 19 years old, studying at university, have an awesome girlfriend, most known on BD for breaking power record blabla.. Use whatever you want from other tribunes, I think I introduced myself before :D

Harvester:My name is Buford, in the old client I was known as either Cesar the Great of Ireland or Harvester of Sorrow, in the NC I'm simply Harvester. I remember the very first time I started playing BD I got conquered right away and quit, but when I picked it back up and stuck with it, it was E6A3 of the old client, so I've been playing for roughly 6 years (with a sabbatical in the middle). I used to be a part of the BD moderating staff as well.

Kenny: My name's Kenny, I've been playing Battle Dawn since Alpha, and have been helping BD for a long time. I was a forum admin for about 1 year and a half. My memory is splotchy about the wins, but my favorite was XXX vs SHRK where we took down Kane. We did a near repeat of this on E1 A1 NC, but fell short due to a lockdown not lasting the 5 ticks we needed.

Apollo: Hi, I'm Apollo, NINETEEN (Grrr Aister), from Chicago, IL, USA

Ourania: I often use different names in game but my favorite one is Francium. (was studying chemistry at the time when I 1st chose it :P)
I am playing this game seriously for about 2 years, has won many eras but lost even more. I love the game and I’ve spend many hours, a lot of effort and sometimes money for BD.

Michael: I play as Michael :P. I’m currently leading HaHa and has been in many big alliances and played with many vets :P

Jan: Hello, everyone I my name is Dobby. I've been playing Battle Dawn on and off for about 3 years playing .com at first, but now mainly galaxy and occasionally the 6 tick Kongregate eras. I wouldn’t consider myself a 'pro' but I have won 7 eras in Galaxy and 8+ in Kongregate. I usually end up as alliance leader in most eras I play because I love strategizing and planning tactics. When asked what alliance I belong to, there isn't really one in particular although I am a long time member of the DOGS alliance who have never lost an era in G2 and G3 :)

Karl: My name is Karl aka Platinum Sage... wow what an honor it is to be able to be part of this... I have been Battle Dawning since old client... my first era I ever played I ended up rank 10...

Admin Sim taught me how to play BD... how to build ops... how to fire nukes.. attack... use gates... the works... I was sooo annoying to him... but an awesome person he is, he kept showing me and explaining till I got it...

My first era I was beaten up and left for dead by Routhy and his gang of thugs... till the might Chryptic showed up... taught me the skills I needed to destroy... the skills I needed to be rank 1... Chryptic's teaching made me number 1...

now I have won over 22 eras... 15 with relics... 7 was under SAGE... 3 under TLG... 2 as WW... and 2 as LUBE... and 1 other...

What do you think about the era? Have you ever thought about having an event as big as this organized?
Quote:
Greeny: I think this is a great that they are having this era, i'm happy about the fact it will be 12 man alliance there too, And yes i always wanted a era like this you will never know who wins in the end.

Senatus: I for sure have, actually if you'd ask Ilona she'd tell you I've been bugging her for it a long time.. I like to think I finally got stuff rolling, because when I wrote a proposal to have it organised things started happening :D

Harvester: To be honest I think this era is going to be magnificent for BD. I've always thought it would be interesting to have a sort of "round to rule them all", but I never thought that it would actually materialize. I've noticed since I've come back to BD that 90% of the players I used to know and play with have left, and have been replaced by a new crowd that plays much differently from the OC'ers. Most of what I see going on is lots of subbing, watching, and handing relics, while in the OC you had to fight if you wanted something. I think the CE will have less of this though, with the number of vets going there trying to win. Besides, who would want to be a sub alliance in the CE anyway? Anyway to wrap this up, I think it will be good to have a round like this, definitely one to go down in BD lore.

Kenny: I think it's a wonderful idea, and I've seen the idea posted in suggestions a few times. I even remember moving the specific suggestion of a champion-style era with an increased prize and such into accepted a few years back. I've been pushing Battle Dawn to do things like this for years, and I'm glad Michael has finally got the message.

Apollo: I think the era is gonna be HUGE with a lot of competition, and I'm sooooo excited to win it ;). And no, I honestly didn't expect this to come up, but I am happy that it did.

Ourania: I believe its an awesome idea! I personally did not think something similar before. I gave some different ideas to admins but they seem not feasible for now.

Michael: this era will be one of a kind, although the event will bring back some of the old players .. but not all of them I’m afraid. BD staff is trying to bring the old BD back and that won't happen sadly. BD changed .. ppl move on with their lives. But, although not everybody will be back .. but it's good to see BD cares about their players xD

Jan: I think it is a great idea to bring everyone together in this epic event, and I have high hopes for it. In recent months I feel that many eras I have planned have become very boring and predictable. There are two big alliances that fight each other, everyone else is just watching and making deals to give up relics. I won't say that this has made the game easier as a top player, just a little more dull and boring. I hope that this championship era will reignite the battle dawn spirit of the good old days, and everyone will be motivated and encouraged to give it their best, to make this game much more fun and challenging.

Karl: I’m really excited... as it will bring together people from all worlds to this one location... to me its not so much about winning or losing ... but networking to find more friends and players wishing to play with active players...

Also a great way to get people to power boost... awesome way to make money, which is a really good think for BD as it will allow more upgrades and better gaming for all... it will help develop BD to a more interesting game

What do you have prepared for the era, in terms of time, budget, equipments, and strategies?
Quote:
Greeny: Well i have my own team for 1, well its best to say, this round will be all about strategies.

Senatus: Time.. Well, as much as always. I plan to not miss any of the first 100 ticks and apart from that I'll always be on call, so I should never be offline when needed :) Full activity, pretty much, since it's one of my strengths. As far as budget is concerned, I won't spend a dime. I'll let others do the spending for me, I think there will be plenty of mass boosts to take advantage of. Equipment-wise.. I've gone a bit mad. I've been tracking which trains have wifi here, got password to all my friends' wifis, we got a new provider here at home that is more reliable, found a map of 5000 updates hotspots that I can use in my country, installed 2 browsers on my phone that should be able to play it, can play both from laptop and PC.. So I'd say I've got that covered :D
Strategies I of course can't tell you, sorry. That's secret ;)

Harvester: I can't really get into how I've prepared for this round as far as time, equipments, and strategies go. A magician never reveals his secrets! As far as budget goes, I've got a pretty penny saved up. Though not nearly the ridiculous amounts that I hear some people are getting.

Kenny: Well, I have pulled on my knowledge since OC and a bunch of other friends. We concluded that the high-population will force the kind of diplomacy and strategy we're used to. I can't name the strategists in my team, but I was not responsible for the idea that we'll be using to start with, so I plan on giving them credit later. Budget-wise is confidential, I'll consider letting that info out later. I've made sure everyone can get to BD in some way outside of their desktop PC, so that we can for sure all be on every tick. Then as I explained before, we're utilizing a lot of old strategies, and going to be implementing some newer ones.

Apollo: in terms of time-24/7 activity, sleeping between ticks, the whole deal. Budget, I'd prefer not to say, but it's quite large :). Strategies, well now, that would be telling ;)

Ourania: I treat this era like any other era for which I am going for the win. We are totally prepared in terms of member’s location budgets and strategy to start with. However always depends on last minute changes and on other teams’ locations and strategy. Nothing is predictable.

Michael: I have a team formed, but consider us as watchers who will ruin the era for anybody that will attack us. No money required, nothing. We are just bored ppl want to have some fun and kill someone :D

Jan: I plan on leading one of 3 or 4 alliances that me and some friends are organizing. We will be representing many of the major the Galaxy alliances under one flag and aim to create a cooperating force of 30-40 active and experienced players to fight together for glory, honor and cookies.
In terms of time and budget, I am usually very active when I play an era seriously, I have saved up a small amount of blue tokens and will spend maybe 10-20$ on a few reds depending on circumstances.

Karl: I was just asking the alliance... and they didn’t allow me giving this intel out... but let’s just say SAGE has an oil tycoon with them...

Which world(s) do you usually play? Is there any difficulties in map and speed differences?
Quote:
Greeny: I play earth 2 more now, so having this earth it will be great :) and 1 ticker is great for it.
Senatus: I don't have a usual world although I prefer E1 because of the fact that it is crowded and most competitive. Apart from that, I do not really have a tick speed preference, I originally come from Kong where I used to play 3-6 tickers, here on .com I've only played 1 tickers. So I don't mind much.

Harvester: In the old client, I used to play mostly E1, E4, and M2. In the NC I play E1 about every era, and pretty much wherever the wind takes me if I get invited to another server by friends. But those are all single ticks, and most of them Earth, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Kenny: I usually pick single-tick earths anyways. Albeit, some of my wins are on Mars and Fantasy, I typically wasn't leading. I love single-tick earths and I'm looking forward to playing seriously on it again.

Apollo: I usually stick to E1, so nothing out of the ordinary for me

Ourania: My favorite maps are the earth worlds. They are bigger area wise, hard to cross over seas, possibilities to hide relics and not easy to chase them from enemies. Earth worlds have much more challenges. I don’t like Fantasy graphics and I play only .com worlds. Plus I prefer faster worlds than 1 ticker worlds. I really hate waiting 12 hours on a shield!

Michael: I mostly play on m1, but i played on other worlds as well, like earth and fantasy and I’ve won several eras on those servers .. so the map won't be a problem.
If it's in summer .. I wouldn't care about the speed of the world, but due to my uni... 1 ticker worlds are great :P

Jan: I have not played any serious eras recently as I have been busy studying, but when I do play serious you can usually find me in G2 or G3 playing with DOGS or TK alliance. In my opinion 3 tick worlds are the best, because it makes activity that much more important. When I am bored I also sometimes go and play the crazy fast 6 tick world in Kongregate BD.
I have never actually won a 1 tick world before, so this championship will be a new challenge for me.

Karl: I have made my home in Earth 2.. earth 3.. F2 and F3... played Mars 2 twice... and Mars 3 once... I enjoy a fast pace world.. being able to do more in 1 hour is more fun... than, let’s say a 1 tick world, which is 3 hours for a simple 3 tick attack...

With a 1 tick world everything takes longer... so for SAGE activeness it won’t be a problem... gives us an hour to call someone to wake them up if needed...

the tricks will be for admin not to let people get bored of the era...

Is there anyone who you wish to see in this era? Any rivals that you want to defeat?
Quote:
Greeny: Well i hope to see old friends that have came back for this era

Senatus: I would like to see Kane, although I know he is short on time. And as ARM always claims to be one of the best alliances, it would be neat to see them there as well to earn that title :) Then there of course is GML that I heard is coming back, I have heard many good things about them and would like to beat them, and of course Unky who I've initially compared myself against. As far as rivals are concerned, I don't think I have that many actual rivals. I see Kane as a rival, but I'm sure he doesn't feel the same :D Either way, I just wish to see as many good players as possible on the era, to make my win ever more glorious :)

Harvester: It's funny you ask, because before it was made known that GML was going to be there, it would've been them. A lot of people would like GML's head, but I was playing the era that they came around when i was still pretty wet behind the ears. I was playing in some MOD sub alliance, and we were warring RATM which was at the time the rank 1 alliance. GML then came in and cleaned them up, and attacked us. From that era forward as long as GML were on M2 I made alliances to hamper them as much as I could (JFA and UA respectively), but it had little effect as I didn't have the contacts nor skill that I have now. I've got a lot of respect for Tabula and company, and the CE definitely got a lot more interesting now that they're showing up.

Kenny: It's funny really. I'd like to see Kane back, but he's a bit too busy to make it. Kane was my foil and my rival, so it's funny when the people playing aren't really my biggest rivals. I assume GML and Senatus will be fun to play against though, because I haven't done so before.

Apollo: Anyone I'd like to see on the era...hmm... I would like to see EVERYONE on the era. It's sure to be jam packed with amazing players, and I want some good competition. I'd like to quote Milan by saying "I hope E6 doesn't turn into BattleHugs, and we have to fight for a very long time."

Ourania: Yes I wish to see big names gathered in teams, teams like SAGE, GML, ARM, HNI and other well-known teams as unbeatable. It is expected that big names will appear and sleepless nights will seem endless.

Michael: I wanna see all the nubs that they think they are good bcuz they won an easy world once ... and sub abusers shall die :D

Jan: I hope and fear :) to see the return of Senatus, who has become quite the BD legend by setting several seemingly impossible records. I am interested to see what he has to bring to the table this time.

Karl: no I’m cool with everyone... would like to take on anyone in the Best of the Best Hall of Fame... as it only started after SAGE went on a holiday (it’s what I tell myself to get some sleep)...

SAGE never carried anything to the next era... Half of our team are leaders of alliances SAGE have fought against... anyone PRO or ELITE alliance that have gone toe to toe with SAGE have become friends in the end... even allies...

so it’s going to be interesting... we will earn your respect by defeating others... or giving them the best fight of their BD career...

Is there anything else you want to say to the readers?
Quote:
Greeny: Well Reader this is going to be one of the best era's with all the old HoF coming back, all i have to say watch your back, and trust no one :) have a great day.

Senatus: Yup. Come to the CE, fight for what you're worth, never give up and if you have OPs, hand them over to me :)

Harvester: To all of you reading this, I hope to see each and every single one of you there going for the win. The more competition, the more likely the stories of this round will live on in infamy long after the server itself has drawn to a close.

Kenny: Don't lose any hope in BD, it's been a terrible past few years, but I feel confident that it can pull a 180 and become the game it was. :)

Apollo: anything else to add? Well, hide yo colonies, hide yo crystals, hide yo relics, 'cuz I'm killing everyone this era. :D

Ourania: I want to say a big thank you to BD. Through the game I made friends that I hope and do believe will last through time and wish to be able to meet someday.
What ruin the game mostly though is players that get offensive and verbally aggressive. I was never able to understand this and it really ruins my mood.

Michael: May the best win :)

Jan: If you’re reading this I hope to see you soon on the battlefield, if you are still debating whether to join or not...just do it so you can say that you were part of this awesome event. :)

Karl: Have fun... please don’t take it personal... and it’s not your fault no one can really beat SAGE one on one...

Thank you.

To get a better look at the era, I’ve decided to interview our beloved admins, Ilona and Simmen (yeah I have to put them together or else Simmen will try to ruin the era)

As an admin, what do you think about the era? What made you guys decide to organizing such a big event like this?
Quote:
Simmen: I think the era will be great and exciting. Possibly the most competitive world through the history of battle dawn. I know some alliances, I know some roosters, and it's quite impressive.
Well, it have been suggested many times through the years, from the forum to in real life to Michael. So after a lot of nagging from the community we figured we had to make it happen (Thank you naggers!) .

Ilona: Its on my mind till I was a player. A very competitive era ... many good player around... basically its what everyone wants to have. Real warriors don't want an easy win at all. So as I got asked by a few players here, all I said was: Sure, we can do it :)

What did the team prepare for the era? Are there any new features that will be introduced in this era?
Quote:
Simmen: We have some minor features that we prepared for the Era, which we have put them in already.

Ilona: Oh the preparations are running since November or December. The RC/WIKI team helped me a lot by creating a catch-up guide and spotting bugs and glitches which we eliminated. Also we mailed many old players, discussed tweaks and special situation that could happen and a lot more. Since the announcement is out, my work is mainly replying to questions and micro-organizing.

I've heard that we don’t have two admins monitoring one server due to several reasons, and this must be the first time we have two admins monitoring one server. Will there be any problems?
Quote:
Simmen:Yes, there are reasons why we normally have 1 admin on a world, but this is a special world where we expect most people to be super active, and therefore need admins to be super active as well. But Seth and Ilona works together well, I foresee no problems with them working together as admin.

Ilona: No, I don't see a problem. Seth and me can work very well together as we found out in the work with the community as well. We'll have to talk a lot and leave each other messages about issues we see during our 'shift' :D
I trust his knowledge and back up the decisions he has to make and I am sure he trust me on the same way.

Simmen, I’ve heard rumors that you’re going to play casually in this era, is that true?
Quote:
Simmen: I don't have time to play a normal era, much less a champions era. Wish I did, but I don't.

On a scale of 1-10, how well do you think you can survive in this highly competitive era, if you were to play seriously as a player?
Quote:
Simmen: If I had the time, and I played serious I think I'd have a 1% chance. If everyone else kill each other and I get all the relics before they get the chance to build up again. So I guess that's a 1.

Ilona: 12 :)

Ilona, will the era affect your job as an admin on other servers? Like how you will spend less time for the other eras for example?
Quote:
Ilona: No i don't think so. I'll cut down additional work a bit but thats all. We all grew together pretty much last year, so if i can't make it...i'd just ask another one.

Side question Ilona, do you think Simmen will be jelly, that your first time (monitoring a world with another admin) will be with Seth?
Quote:
Ilona: Haha, well, i had Simmen first on my mind as we are changing our worlds every week for 2 days and it works out perfect. But seeing the timezone.. Seth will do better. Income wise, we'll share with all admins anyway as it hurts other servers

Is there anything else you want to say to the readers?
Quote:
Simmen: Readers, if you plan to play. Good luck, you're gonna need it.

Ilona: Yes! I would like to say good luck to all and especially to those who will recruit in the era. In my time as player and as admin, I saw empires rise and fall. Nothing is impossible. Be there, in the right moment and at the right time and take your advantage of sudden changes. A war which has main alliances involved can change a lot for smaller alliances and underdogs. Don't be afraid going your own way instead of hiding under a sub tag!

Thank you

Leaving the admins behind, let's get back to the players and the era itself. Due to the fact that most of alliances want to keep their profile as low as possible, we weren’t able to get any specific info about alliances. However, a hidden source of intelligence, codenamed HaloStarSpy, has provided me with some info. One of them is that there will be three alliances from Galaxy brought together by SAM, the leader of TK. Valador also confirmed on the BattleDawn Elites forum that he would be a part of a 4-alliance coalition from Galaxy. Claw also confirmed that RPDS will also be in the team. However later he said in Skype that he changed his mind and that he wouldn't be participating.

Also, HaloStarSpy gave me some screenshots of what looks like an alliance’s Skype chat group. He, however, denied that it came from him, and said that he’s got it from his member’s friend.

Spoiler:

Whether it is true or not, the fact still remains that since this is a highly competitive era, leaking intel is very dangerous, especially at this planning stage. So I hope everyone out there will be a little bit more careful about who they are adding and what they say, put more spy protection so the other alliances won’t be able to ruin your game.

With most of the alliances making their final preparations, the promised day is getting close. 1st April, 2013, will mark the first ever Annual Battledawn Championship and the champions will have their own name written in BattleDawn’s History as the best alliance of the year. Do you have what it takes to be one of them?

======================

For discussions and general chat, please go to this thread. Thank you.

======================

Don't forget to subscribe to our Daily News Releases

Please feel free to send any questions, suggestions or feedback to either one of these:
- In-game PM
- Forum PM
- Skype name: hellodecasino
Thank you for reading.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:32 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Hello everyone, welcome to the Official Championship Era News Report. I hope you enjoyed your sleep last night with a nice can of Redbull.

The long-awaited Championship Era has officially started. Since its opening date was right on April’s Fool day, many jokes were being made regarding the whole Championship as an April’s Fool joke. Luckily it wasn’t (phew).

BEFORE THE SERVER OPENED

The closer it got to opening time of the server, the more excited the players got. Countdowns were made and tons of youtube videos with inspiring music were posted on the forums. These screenshots, taken 15 minutes before the server open in a chat group on Skype, show how excited and nervous BD players were.

At exactly 12:00 GMT, Earth 6 Championship appeared on the world list, marking the beginning of the long awaited Championship Era, as well as the end of the players' social lives.

TICK 1

The boost bar went up like crazy, with the average speed of 1% per minute for the first half hour. And roughly 7 hours after the server opened, the boost bar was already full at 99%.

While waiting for the structures to be built, lots of players used the tick freeze time to look around the neighboring area and determine the expanding strategy. And due to the alliance size being raised to 12, some alliances were short on members, and the leader has used the tick freeze time to scout for more members.

Even so, amidst all the boosting and scouting, cheaters already started to appear, as one of the POB member got banned. We have tried to contact POB leader about this case however he refused to talk.

SERVER START

At tick 4, God of Fate from HU got the first crystal of the era. Talking about this on World Chat, he shared that his first crystal was nothing but a milestone. HU has been at 1st rank since the first tick till now (tick 55).

The first ticks witness the boom of mass bonus, with a total of 9 mass boosts were given out before tick 55. Talking about this, Ilona admitted: “lol the cool downs drive me crazy :D, 23h nothing, then 2 h extreme boosting.”

WARS

Although it’s only first 50 ticks, but wars have started all over the world.

IW vs LoVe and BEER

Around tick 10, the war between IW vs LoVe started. IW lost their first battles and two of their members got conquered. However they fought back and managed to conquer Victoria Bitter and liberated themselves. At tick 15, BEER launched an attack on IW. The attack failed and BEER stayed quiet. However, at tick 51, BEER organized an attack at IW and successfully conquered The Boss.

Victoria Bitter also managed to liberate himself by re-conquering Huddy, IW leader.

HU, VND and TFM vs CBop

Around the same time of the IW vs LoVe war, the war between HU and CBop also started. Talking about the war, God of Ferr3ts shared that CBop refused to accept any deals that didn’t involve in HU leaving Europe. In addition to HU’s attack, VND and TFM moved in and continuously harass CBop with spams.

At tick 19, tension rose between HU and Fear and nearly escalated into a war, as Fear tried to expand East towards Asia, and HU didn’t like that. DarkAngell (Fear) and God of Fate (HU) had a debate on World Chat about this situation.

Luckily, the situation was solved peacefully, and HU can give their all to the war against CBop.

Being half-surrounded by HU and continuously harassed by VND and TFM, CBop had a very hard time trying to regroup and attack. However, they have managed to gain a foothold and dealt a lot of damage to HU. Here are several screenshots provided by CBop members:

Spoiler:

At around tick 50, VND and TFM organized an attack on CBop, as a result, CBop’s foothold was lost and they had to move back to defend the colonies. However, they managed to kill 150 infantries of Frankie Four Finger (VND).

VND and TFM attacked CBop, screenshot provided by The One (Fear)
Spoiler:

I had a small interview with Cianog, currently watching the era, he shared:
Quote:
Aister: so what do you think about HU vs CBop war? from the beginning till now?

Cianog: So far it seems that HU and their allies are poorly coordinated and i believe CBop will either do massive damage or win

Aister: do you think it's wise to have a war this soon? Is there anything CBop or HU should have done to prevent the war instead of taking it up?

Cianog: To be honest they are in an awkward situation starting so close to each other, any nap or deal would leave one shorthanded on mines and resource outposts and would lead to stunted growth, relocation would also be difficult once the round starts. Seems it was inevitable.

VERIFICATION

Booster Count

If anyone hasn’t noticed, there is a guy claiming to be an official booster counter and asked every booster to send him one red token. I talked to Ilona about this, and she shared:

Quote:
Yeah he asked me for the supporter amount. I said, i can't tell. So he said, that everyone should send him one. I said: sure...try out and let me know :D. But I think as long as he doesn't offer service for those reds, it’s fine. I think he has 0 so far but get hated and reported

OTHER SCREENSHOTS

Top alliance territory

tick 12
Spoiler:

tick 24
Spoiler:

tick 37
Spoiler:

tick 50
Spoiler:

Alliance Leaderboard
Spoiler:

Player Leaderboard
Spoiler:

To sum up for this release:
Quote:
This Era is brought to you by

Red Bull
Starbucks
Halcion

Please enjoy your sleep

======================

======================

- In-game PM
- Forum PM
Thank you for reading.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:55 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Hello everyone, this is the Official News Report for the Championship Era.

As the Era went through the first 100 ticks, it witnessed one of the craziest and most epic wars in the history of BattleDawn.

WARS

VND, TFM, HU vs. CBop

After reading the previous article, Laughing Bulls, leader of CBop, talked to me about the reason for the war. He shared:

Quote:
The leader of VND made a pact, of which Liam said he would sign as well. However after I signed on it, Liam (leader of HU) flipped and started attacking.

The details of the pact were that we would mutually share western europe and draw a line at central europe. VND wanted a gateline into western europe, and HU's position secured. I also wanted HU to be relocated by 150, it was not a requirement but merely the first pact. Nowhere in negotiations did we say we were immovable on that topic. We said a counter-proposal must be fair, therefore if he did not want to move, he would've had to give some more in the pact.

The problem is, one of us had to relocate, indefinitely. As I had svalbard in mind for a mid-era hive, I explained that Western Europe was a detrimental position for them. I would rather have them go to North Africa. First, it would be safer for them if the pact was ever broken. Second, it would allow me to have more space.

Thing is, Liam felt strong by the fact he was boosting emergencies, therefore rank 1, and didn't need to deal with the pact

Andrei was the one to draw up this specific pact, there were some deals about africa but they were very minor at best

After the attacks at tick 50 on CBop, which were said to have had poor coordination, VND and HU started to coordinate better.

At tick 62, HU organized an attack of 44 squads to Cowboy Andy (CBop) with 5 members. At the same time, 8 members of VND sent a 64-squad attack at Vicious (also from CBop). This created a two-target attack, which forced CBop to focus their units on Andy while leaving Vicious to be conquered.

Vicious wanted to relocate away. However, his op that had the highest control was still 1 tick away from full control (24 control ticks). CBop leader, Laughing Bull, praised VND and HU for the attacks, yet stated that at this time colonies aren't important.

VND and HU two-target attacks, screenshot provided by Laughing Bulls

The same tactic was repeated once more, as 47 squads of HU were sent at Cowboy Andy and 97 squads of VND at Lin. However the plan didn't work as well as the first time, as Lin managed to relocate to India. Moreover, a member from HU (Discord god of Chaos) forgot to turn back his units, and kept attacking. As a result, he lost his whole army.

Battle report provided by CBop members

Being asked for her opinion about this, Lain, who is currently watching the war, shared:

Quote:
HU is being lazy and not focusing on the war cause they got the reds to make up for it early game. I doubt they will repeat the same mistake later in the game.

At the moment, the losses are not very much and can be rebuilt with reds

Tick 75, the same 97 squads of VND launched at Vincent Volaju, however they were called back as Vincent got shielded.

After that, VND and HU launched several attacks at CBop, however CBop kept dodging and relocating. As a result, CBop hasn't lost any big battles yet.

After that, Europe fell into a complete silence with the exception of some occasional spam. CBop has mostly relocated out of Europe to Middle East - India, hence have themselves a good enough territory to move.

At tick 88, CBop sent an attack at TFM's OP as well as VND's, breaking the silent stage of Europe, and started to play offensively.

Meanwhile, NBA attacked several res OPs of CBop's in Asia, but recalled.

At tick 91, TFM attacked a neutral colony with a crystal in Europe, and CBop took the chance to trap and kill them.

Screenshot provided by Zodiac

Spoiler:

Battle report provided by CBop

Tick 95, ICG on Iceland started attacking HU. HU came out alive, although their army took a big hit.

Spoiler:

Battle report provided by Cbop

Talking about the war on Skype's Mod chat, Ferr3t shared that HU wasn't focusing on the CBop war anymore, that VND had taken over and HU was trying expand East into Asia.

At tick 106, as a result of some attacks from VND at NBA's OPs, NBA said that they would join the war against VND. However the situation seems to have been solved peacefully. Or else, we would have to refer to this war as "The Championship World War" as Laughing Bull, CBop's leader, suggested.

Tick 109, CBop attacked a VND gate, however, VND locked the gate down at the end of tick 111 and CBop couldn't react to it and around 30 squads got trapped. VND then attacked the gate with 101 squads, which were said to not have been full. CBop decided to disband all but 30 units on the gate.

Someone, due to a one in a lifetime miracle, Lin, a member of CBop, managed to turn the squads at 00:00, and somehow participated in the fight to take the gate and escaped from the lockdown as well.

At tick 124, VND kicked their member, Jonah Hex, to allow the Uncrowned King of BD into their alliance.

Spoiler:

Screenshot and battle report provided by CBop

NBA

While HU, CBop and VND were busy with the war, NBA had passed HU and gotten rank 1. They started to expand to South East Asia and attacked PaS, who was formerly POB, now led by SoF.

NBA, knowing SoF is not someone that should be underestimated, used nukes a lot to attack the colonies. PaS is basically conquered now, but according to SoF, PaS army is still in full force.

In addition, SoF publicly posted a lot of BRs which seem to be spam attacks on NBA, and WNBA and said that he would reveal their units for those who want to kill NBA in the future.

Spoiler:

Talking about the war on the same thread, SoF and KOBE (member of NBA) discussed:

Quote:
KOBE: Also SoF we offered peace and wanted to let you grow. We support all serious teams that wants to play on championship for fun. But the terms could not be agreed to. Then you guys kept attacking WNBA. We left you guys to grow twice to only see you attack wnba when we turned around

SOF: Go ahead blame it on us. We see WNBA attacking first, they see us attacking first. It will never end. Like i requested, they stop we stop, simple as it is. I believe I gave you my proposal, but you never confirmed it. Like I said, you do what you want to do, while we do what we want to do, dont tell me something under your terms that i being called when you need me.

PHI, being PaS' brother alliance, was dragged into the war. NFL also joined NBA in killing the dying PaS alliance.

Around tick 115, PaS sent about 20 squads to Australia, and NFL managed to catch and kill them. One member of PaS turned back in time though.

Spoiler:
Battle report provided by anonymous member from NFL

Tick 122, WNBA colony in the middle USA massively spammed LoVe and BEER OPs.

Since tick 105, VND and NBA have been racing against each other for the first place, as the positions were constantly switching between both alliances with a very small margin. The situation kept on going until around tick 115, when NBA reached a safe enough distance with VND. However it wasn't safe for long, as VND once again passed NBA to be first rank.

IW vs LoVe and BEER

With BEER joining the war, IW had no chance, they relocated to Antarctica and dropped out of top 12, ending one of the first war on the Championship Era between top alliances.

Fear

After their expansion in Asia was not allowed by HU, Fear started to expand to North America, and met some resistance from FELO. The One, Fear's leader, said that although FELO is a low rank alliance, they're quite active and pretty good. However with obvious differences in power, Fear quickly defeated FELO and started their expansion.

Fear started the attack on FELO, screenshot provided by The One

GML

After being quiet and staying out of trouble, GML started their expansion in South America by going to war with HINI. VND, who already had expanded to South America, reacted by attacking GML subs.

GML is one of the alliances with the most subs (5 subs) and started in the bottom left corner of Antarctica. That was why GML couldn't expand as fast as the other alliances in Africa or Europe.

But now as GML has started to expand aggressively, their rank has been improving and rising non-stop and at tick 122 they are standing at rank 5.

Other wars

At tick 79, TROL and SEXY, both situated on Alaska, engaged in combat. Although both alliances are low rank, there are quite a lot of experienced players who are watching the era or not playing seriously. TROL managed to kill Maximilion's units, but the victorious side of the war seems to be unsure at the moment.

Spoiler:

Battle report provided by Thanatos

However after that, trajic, by using a spy, managed to kill three members of TROL, but his units were wiped out as well.

Spoiler:

Battle report provided by trajic

On the other side of the world, Typ started to expand into Australia by launching an attack on Bye.

WN also launched an attack and killed Conan's units, who was in the middle of changing alliances.

Spoiler:

Screenshot provided by Nightmare (WN member)

TRAE BEING KICKED FROM HU

At tick 124, Trae, member of HU was kicked, and Slinky had an interview with Trae about this event. Trae shared:

Quote:
I’ve had my army ready to attack CBop for three days now, but HU is so uncoordinated. On the third night, I decided I would head into Asia/Russia. My units ended up under the AXIS alliance, north of India: I attacked an outpost next to AXIS, and I got it. I was going to attack them end of tick, and Liam said NBA was "crying" about me being in Asia. I told Liam, that I will continue with my attack, and thus he threatened to kick me.

Things between NBA and HU weren’t completely stable yet. We allowed NBA, VND, FEAR, LoVe, and TFM into Europe, but we weren’t allowed to go into Greenland, America, Asia, Russia, Africa. So, they are allowed into our territory, but us not into theirs.

Discussing more on HU’s performance, Trae told us:

Quote:

Slinkyv2: It seems like your leader is being very passive, any clues to why an alliance that is seemingly going for the win is trying to lay low so much?

Trae: I asked Ferr3t the same question, that we were already being dominated by VND and Fear, and now he wanted to add NBA into the list? I said I wasn’t planning to be thrown around like we were a sub, and that I would attack at the end of tick, then it would be his decision whether he wanted to be ordered around or not.

Apparently, he passed the test. VND gave Liam a jackpot of tokens, to be distributed out to us evenly.

Inside the HU alliance though. They are VERY inactive and uncoordinated. The God of all Gods, is very inexperienced player. It’s his first era and he was fed tokens to keep his rank up. And, to be honest, I'm pretty sure hes a multi.

God of Magical Girls and God of Scrubs know him in real life. And they never coordinated attacks together at a time. So, I believe they go to his house, and help him out. Another thing I've had a problem with.

Trae also shared that Andrei has spent about $5000, and exposed that Milan (aka Senatus) is in VND, however wasn’t sure about his IGN.

RANDOM STUFF

A total of 17 mass boosts have been given out since the start of the era, and this brought a serious problem to the light boosters and non-boosters - workers.

There are too many mass boosts which mostly give max resources (6000 metal and 6000 oil), this forced players to recruit more units which hurt the worker count. As a result, some players have too less workers. The admins have been giving out workers to help with the situation.

A recent colony scan on JkJ, provided by GameOver

Up till now (tick 122), the highest kill count we've found is Apocalypse (VND) with the stat of 1458 kills. Apocalypse is currently rank 2 with 1250 score.

VERIFICATION

Banned Colony

At first when the Championship Era was announced, Ilona said that banned colonies would be removed immediately. However up to now, there are still banned colonies that have stayed for days. Answering the questions regarding this problem, Ilona shared:

Quote:
Banned colonies will only be removed if the area is getting crowded, or the colonies were obviously cheating or getting annoying with their appealings. Else, they will be given time to appeal for the ban.

Admin's OPs

Seth has placed several heavily guarded OPs on a lake in Central Africa and near the Great Lakes in America. Seth said that these OPs are to prevent people from building there.

screenshot provided by Dawnice

OTHER SCREENSHOTS

Top alliance territory

Spoiler:

Alliance Leaderboard (tick 100)

Player Leaderboard (tick 100)

======================

======================

- In-game PM
- Forum PM
Thank you for reading.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:08 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Hello everyone, this is the Official News Report for the Championship Era.

The Era started its second week, as more records are being broken with unimaginable results.

HU INTERVIEW

After Trae was kicked out of HU, we went to HU’s leader, Ferr3t, and had a small interview with him about Trae, as well as several other topics regarding the Championship Era.

Quote:
Aister: What is the reason for you to kick Trae? Trae said in the forum that HU was scared of NBA and Fear. How much of that was true?

Ferr3t: Kicking Trae, (just like it is to kick any member in an alliance) was an incredibly tough decision and was not made prematurely. I really didn’t want to have to do it, but in the end it was him who forced my hand.

Trae had created a lot of troubles to our alliance, which was mainly the reason why we were so uncoordinated and went downhill. Then, he decided to attack a group of newbies who had recently had their armies killed / they lost a war vs. another large alliance. I told him to back off again, as it’s simply unethical to pick up loot of others, he was being incredibly selfish, going off on his own while we cleaned up the mess of army placement he created AND we could NOT afford to piss off another major alliance – this would lead to more people on our ass that we simply couldn’t handle on top of CBop, ICG and GIP.

This was when I told Trae that if he attacked the other alliance’s loot, I would be forced to kick him. He responded incredibly aggressively toward myself and other members who also politely told him to turn and basically said well then kick me, I don’t care, I’m not turning.

So yes. That’s how it went down.

Aister: Trae said that HU is inactive and uncoordinated, and from the war with CBop we can see that this is true, with Discord failing to turn, resulting in losing his units. Is there any reason for this?

Ferr3t: Discord failed to turn because of network issues. He was on a different network at the beginning of the next tick. There have not been many other TERRIBLE losses for HU, and before Trae scattered our armies we were able to deal hard blow, and a few smaller ones to CBop.

Aister: How much is it true regarding VND sending HU lots of reds? What will be your stance when VND and HU needs to be against each other for the relics?

Ferr3t: Well it’s no secret that VND and HU are very close allies, and sometimes it’s necessary to help those allies stronger so you can survive NOW, but not so strong so it’s impossible to destroy them later. VND took a gamble helping out HU, but I think it’s a gamble that will pay off as we have each other’s back’s until end era. When end era comes, who knows what will happen? I guess both alliances will make a calculated decision if it’s worth taking the chance to win, or settling for #2. Only time can tell with this one.

Aister: Wat do u think about CBop so far?

Ferr3t: CBop was fought a very strong and honourable fight since the war started, and I respect their members very much for the way they handled it.

SAGE (former NBA) also said that the colonies that Trae was attacking in India were SoLD’s conquers, that SoLD is VND’s brother alliance, and it was a bad manner to take other alliances’ spoils like that.

WAR

VND vs CBop

On tick 130 VND's newest member, The Uncrowned King, attacked a CBop colony with 24 squads, the colony was shielded. However Uncrowned King didn’t turn but keep on the attack. And while Uncrowned King’s army was stuck outside the shield, CBop relocated at the end of tick. As a result, Uncrowned King’s whole army got killed with his members’ reinforcements 1 tick behind.

Spoiler:

Battle report shared by Uncrowned King

At around the same time, VND managed to lock down a CBop radar with 11 squads, however the lockdown ended in 3 ticks, and CBop managed to escape in time.

As VND had their upper ground, they decided to make full use of nukes. They sent a lot of nukes over at CBop’s colonies, ultimately damaging CBop’s production and occasionally units.

At tick 156, VND sent 137 squads to CBop leader's colony, Laughing Bulls, which were recalled after.

Spoiler:

Screenshots provided by lifenstuff (Forum)

However, at the end of tick 158, VND attacked CBop again with 167 squads.

To everyone’s surprise, instead of defending the colony, CBop attacked the original OP of VND with a total of around 300 squads at the end 160, VND couldn’t react in time and the 167 squads got trapped.

When asked about the battle, Hanibal, CBop’s MoFA, shared:

Quote:
We splitted the army up just to avoid nukes really, and I guess it worked out in the sense that it lulled VND into a false sense of security thinking they could pick us off...even more so after Kenny forgot to Ion the nuke inbound on his colony. and that was plain old to quote from Tropic Thunder "He went full (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..)"

Spoiler:
Screenshot provided by CBop

Screenshot provided by Notextinganddriving (No Texting And Driving - IGN)

However, as 67 squads of CBop got nuked on Laughing Bull’s colony and squads got damaged from the previous nukes, VND won the battle, hence concluding the biggest early war that has ever happened in the history of BattleDawn.

Spoiler:
CBop’s last ride, as called by CBop members
Screenshot provided by CBop

Special thanks to Braveheart and IMP Reaver, who provided me with screenshots.

Although the main alliance CBop has fallen, the smaller alliances which are ICG and GIP aren’t giving up, and they have dealt a great deal of damage against both HU and VND.

Spoiler:

GIP killed VND squads as they were going back from the war - Screenshot provided by CBop

Spoiler:

ICG locked down and killed HU member
Screenshot provided by Fear - battle report provided by CBop

Concluding the war, Hanibal sent us a message:

Quote:
We told VND, HU, and family just before the breakdown of diplomatic negotiations that if they chose to war against Cowboy Bebop at the very least it was a mutually assured destruction scenario for both alliances.

Look at VND now, rank 7, entirely crippled from the war and continuing to fall. Though their boosting power might sustain them for a while, but compared to the rest of the contenders, they are essentially out of the running, like us, and only for the time being.

This Era is a marathon, not a sprint. VND and HU wanted to sprint the entire way, and gave Cowboy Bebop no choice but to match them.

As we said at the beginning, it would be a MAD scenario, they decided to call our bluff and fought us endlessly. Battle Dawn is like a game of poker, we had our hand and they had theirs. Cowboy Bebop went all in and VND, thinking we were bluffing, also went all in.

You could compare our hand to pocket Jacks and theirs to Pocket Queens, now imagine a third player, the rest of the server, and he has the 7 and 8 of spades. The river reveals a 6 of spades, 9 of spades, and a King. The turn is a two, and the last card flipped is the 10 of spades.

Straight Flush, other guy (all the other contenders). Cowboy Bebop and VND both lost, at least here in the short term that is our only immediate perspective.

We set out to win this era and take home the trophy, nothing has changed except the difficulty level has gone up. Our secondary objective (once the era started and colonies were placed and the threat of war existed), to assure that MAD took place if VND followed through with war, changed into the primary objective. Any thought of winning the era was put aside, and the destruction of VNDs championship became paramount.

-Hannibal of Carthage (AKA Vincent Volaju)

Minister of Foreign Affairs,

After the big battle, Cowboy Andy had to drop out of the game, and Trae, who was kicked out from HU, joined CBop.

Moo

At the same time as the attack of VND on CBop, HU also sent 53 squads at Moo.

Talking about Moo, Hanibal shared:

Quote:
It’s a single member that has decided to cause havok. We do not condone nor condemn his actions. So far his target seems to only be the HU alliance, and as we are currently at war with HU and actively engaged with VND we are taking a "you don’t bother me we won’t bother you" approach to the Moo alliances activities in our immediate area.

It seems HU was very serious about Moo, as they focused all their member against them. Here are some battle reports, provided by Moo

Spoiler:

Fear and SEXY

Just as SEXY managed to end the war against TROL with a NAP, they found themselves in another war, and this time, it's against Fear.

As Fear has been expanding into Alaska since tick 120, they met resistance from SEXY. According to Fear's leader, it was SEXY that initiated the attack, and his member who was being attack just broke his PC, he lost his units.

Spoiler:
screenshots shared by The One (Fear)

Fear spamming SEXY, screenshots shared by trajic (SEXY)

Asking trajic about the reason for the war, he shared that he heard there was a NAP that Fear couldn't get too close, but Fear didn't respect this NAP and continued to come closer to SEXY hive. However, The One, Fear leader, denied having any NAP with SEXY.

At around tick 150, SEXY trapped 13 squads of Fear, and Fear had to disband them.

At tick 165, SEXY managed to kill 8 squads of Firemanpete, member of Fear

Spoiler:
Battle report shared by trajic

Talking about these incidents as well as other Championship Era related things, Fear leader, The One, shared:

Quote:
Aister: What do you think about SEXY so far? I have heard that lots of your alliance's units were trapped and killed, is there any reason for this? Fear weere uncoordinated or SEXY was better than you expected?

The One: SEXY has like 3 active memebrs, Needle seems to be a great player. I knew sexy were good players, my team just did not take my word for it. I don't know what happened really. I guess we just ran right in, then my guys pc broke. So he got killed, though it's not a big lost, we will just send him metal and oil to rebuild.

Aister: What do you think about the war between CBop and VND?

The One: VND and HU messed with a team that is better but got outnumbered. HU started the war and VND ended the war

Aister: does the end battle was a smart idea, attacking the original OP while having 50 squads at 1 HP like that? Was there anything else CBop would have done in order to win the battle?

The One: well I can't say much I was not watching what went down, at that time. The fact that VND won with lots of losses can only mean if they hadn't nuked them, CBop would have won.

Fear have been under constant spamming from random colonies near their hives. One of the spamming colony was banned and all the spams were returned. However, the other colonies continued to spam, as they were legit colonies that had been there for a long time.

Spoiler:

Screenshots provided by Ehsas (Skype) and The One (IGN - Fear leader)

BME vs PAIN - The Antarctica Pirates Battle

Since tick 120, BME has been moving fast with large forces towards Eastern Antarctica, where PAIN with its sub, PA1N, situated. It was pretty obvious that BME was going to war with PAIN soon.

And as predicted, at tick 153, BME attacked PAIN, started the war between BME and PAIN

At the end of tick 155, Lord Cyrus, BME member got locked down, as a result, 12 tanks squads had to be disbanded.

Being interviewed about the war, BME leader, Defender of Ous All, shared:

Quote:
Aister: can you tell me the reason for the war? is it plain expansion or you guys have any reason behind it?

Defender: Well, it all started when I woke up one morning and saw a PA1N member (Eastern of Vikings) sending 9 squads at one of our gates at ETA 9. So we decided to trap him. I arranged 3 people to defend our gate, which wasn't that simple since he had jammed all our gates in the area, while 2 were waiting for him to be far enough off his origin outpost for it to be too late for him to turn. In the end, it ended with him suiciding into our players with his all ranged units

But, as we started attacking PAIN, their leader asked us for peace. And we did turn it down because they wanted an agreement which they didn't go into our area and we didn't go into theirs while moving slowly closer to us at the same time, and we needed space to grow in, and one of their sub members had just sent all ranged units at us.

Aister: What is your opinion about PAIN?

Defender: I have seen PAIN before, and it's a pretty good alliance. Which is partly why I hope it will be fun to fight them. So far we have faced smaller alliances, PAIN will be BME's first attempt to fight 3 alliances at once this era. And I think it will be a challenge if PAIN really plays as well as they can, but my team has been pretty great so far, so I think and hope that we are the better team in this.

Aister: how confident do you think you'll win this war?

Defender: To quote myself when asked "but will it be fun 2 lose all your army and to quit this wonderful server so early?", I said "Lose armies in a fight with a good alliance? Can only think of 1 thing more fun, and that is killing the army of a good alliance." And this era is really for the fun for me, so if I lose or not doesn't matter that much.

That being said, I do have an amazing roster. Had we all been playing serious I have little doubt we would be 4-5 ranks higher at least at this point. But we should still be good enough to beat PAIN.

Aister: Thank you

Spoiler:
PA1N member attacked BME and lost - screenshot provided by Defender

Slinky also asked PAIN leader the same set of questions, and he said:

Quote:
well I know BME's leader, though I don't know much about other members. As we were never serious here so we didn't try 2 find out about them. However our intel is on work now.

And about confidence I just have to say may the best win. We are not boosting n all but due to all the mass boosts, we've got a pretty good army. Plus. we are all pros with 4-5 years of playing. So let's see how this war will shape

Despite the lock down, BME continue to intercept and kill PA1N members' units. Defender expressed his opinion about PA1N being inactive and sending long tick attack.

Spoiler:

PA1N members got killed - battle reports provided by PAIN (above) and BME (below)

Around tick 195, BME attacked and killed PAIN main squads, discussing about this attack on the forum, Defender expressed (directed at PAIN):

Quote:
Well, I figured you would only move in a large group when you had members on. And saw you were making a nuke field, so something had to be done, you'd win from the stalemate.

And I know you are too good to when doing that 1 move per day, not add spy protection. So I ran things through the calculator (a couple hundred times) and found out we could take you out in a head on attack if we could get enough players on. Was hoping to have 2 more members in the attack, but RL made that hard.

But I don't think we can tell any winner to this war yet. Still plenty more fighting to do! (I hope)

Spoiler:
PAIN main squads got killed - battle report provided by PAIN

At tick 202, DR (formerly NFL) joined the battle, and attacked BME with 141 squads and kill BME's main army.

Spoiler:
Battle report provided by BME

GML and subs vs LoVe, LOST and BEER

As the big war between CBop and VND came to an end, another big war just started in South America, as LoVe, LOST and BEER started to engage in a war against GML and their subs.

Slinky had an interview with Michael, who just revealed himself as LoVe leader, about the war.

Quote:
Slinkyv2: Can you tell me the reason for the war?

Michael: We had our own a NAP with GML, but then my friends which are the reason why i'm playing, told me i can't make my own deals and we're a big family. So the deal should be applied to the whole family, I guess everybody knows who's the family now though. Anyway, my family tried to make a nap to prevent GML from expanding in NA. And since GML didn't accept, my nap was void. I wanted to give GML a heads up, but the family told me it's better not to, and I followed orders

People think i might be a puppy for someone but I don't really care about it. GML attacked my family, which are IND and HINI, so we had to interfere. And yes, I did backstab GML, but u either backstab or get backstabbed. I guess I was faster this time.

Slinkyv2: And what is your opinion of GML? Are you confident that you are going to win the war?

Michael: We already won the war. I'm getting messages from GML showing how hopeless they are. But still .. GML is a pro team, they might not win, but they won't fall down without a fight.

We also interviewed GML's MoFA, and he shared:

Quote:
Cody: Alright, hello Orestis. You are the MoFA of GML. I was wondering if you could share a things for us as well as the readers know about this war.

Orestis, the Son of Agamemnon: Sure

Cody: What is the reason you and LoVe are at war?

Orestis, the Son of Agamemnon: We have been in negotiations with VND for 4 days and nights, and they were trying to represent also LOVE, BEER, LOST, TFM and HU. In the meantime, we already had a NAP with BEER and LOVE, because we trusted their word that they are individual alliances and not subs. Unfortunately, the diplomacy with VND lead to a dead end, as they wanted North America to be an exclusion zone safeguarded for their subs.

3 ticks after this dead end, BEER makes a glorious backstab and attacks us in SA, to be followed by LOVE 3 ticks later, who backstabbed their own treaty with us as well; both proving that they are clear subs to VND, or at least are treated like that. IND, LOST and TFM have also joined this war, but VND "reassured" us that they won't join

Cody: So even though I can already guess, what is your opinion on BEER and LoVe as alliances? Do you think you'll win the war against them? And how difficult do you think that war will be?

Orestis, the Son of Agamemnon: Defense is our best asset as GML, and we are very well familiar with the territory we are playing at. I strongly believe this will be no big war, cause BEER and LOVE will come to the conclusion that there is no motivation in just (and i quote) "following the boss's orders" or "orders from above", no matter how many red tokens you have been provided with... This is still supposed to be a fun game and not a day job. Also VND will soon realise that they have left a certain someone out of the equation, to develop unobstructedly.

At this point let me also note the fact that we, as GML, saw this coming and that is why we first approached the VND group for some sort of settlement on a co-existence, but you can clearly see how they respond after 4 days and nights of talks!

Around tick 155, LoVe managed to trap abound 40 squads of GML. In response to this, the owner of the OP, a GML member, relocated and put his shield up, trying to buy some time for reinforcement.

However, reinforcements didn't come in time, and Kodak had to disband his army. Elphana of Shiz though, was unable to disband, and 200 inf got killed

Spoiler:
screenshot provided by Zodiac

battle report provided by LoVe

The battle soon became big, as GML had more than 5 subs, and LoVe side had abound the same number as well. Groups of 20 squads flying around with tons of spams and nukes were common in South America. And the whole South America, which was already small enough, was now filled with OPs from both sides.

CBop leader, Laughing Bulls, refer to this war as "Old Client type Battle" where you push as much as you can, then pull back. And due to both side were being very cautious, there were little to none big battles happened yet. However, LoVe side also managed to kill around 31 squads of GMLr.

Spoiler:
Battle report provided by LoVe

Focusing on building a strong defense since tick one, GML's defense has become a barricade which is said to be pretty hard to break through. They have filled Antarctica from their hive in the left-most corner to the bottom of Antarctica.

Due to GML's massive amount of subs, there were a lot of discussions and debates on the forum about it. While some disagreed on the way GML being a sub empire, some said that even though GML is a sub empire, they know how to control and utilize the subs, and that the subs were playing seriously and not being a meat shield.

The discussion on the forum soon turned to the topic of how LoVe, BEER as well as other alliances rely on the big alliance who gave them red tokens (which is VND), and then quickly derailed.

Other wars

PHI and PaS relocated to Antarctica next to GML, ending the one-side war between PHI, PaS vs NBA.

EZ, a rank 50 alliance, managed to kill and defeat WWE which was a rank 20 alliance.

At tick 203, SAGE (former NBA) declared war against LAZY for killing their sub member.

SERVER ISSUES

At tick 175, the ticks on all of the servers were frozen. According to Ilona, the overwhelming activity in the championship era killed the server.

The frozen tick state lasted for 2 hours, then was unfrozen for 1 hour after being frozen again for another 15 minutes.

RANDOM FACTS

At the moment (tick 203), there are a total of 25 mass boosts since the era started. Since the mass boost on tick 49, all the mass boosts are at the highest point possible (6000 metal and 6000 oil). 133796 metal and 140765 oil have been given out from these mass boosts.

Top kill player is still Apocalypse with 9474 kills (tick 203).

Crystal count at tick 200 is 970.

A total of 10 alliances have reached 10k score before tick 200.

OTHER SCREENSHOTS

Top alliance territory

Spoiler:
Tick 125

Tick 150

Tick 175

Tick 203

Top alliance leaderboard

Spoiler:
Tick 155

Tick 202

Top player leaderboard

Spoiler:
Tick 203

RANDOM RANTS

Just as I was going to finalize the report and start the proofreading process, news from several alliances started flooding to me. I mean, why now? Alliances who tried to wage war or kill each other 30 minutes before I finalized my report should just.... GAAA!!

I must demand tick to be frozen 2 hrs before I finalize my report.

======================

======================

- In-game PM
- Forum PM
Thank you for reading.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:09 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Hello Dawners, welcome to the Official Championship News Report

Two weeks have passed since the beginning of the era, and wars still rage all over the world, as one of the biggest wars in the Championship Era has just started to reach its climax.

WAR

GML vs LoVe and the interference of VND

The war between GML and subs against LoVe and their allies has reached a stalemate, as both sides attack with spam to gain territory, just to lose it all when they have to pull back. It looked like it would be a long and exhausting war, until VND decided to join the war.

At tick 260, GML locked down a member of LOST and attacked with 120 squads. However, at the end of tick 261, VND launched at the same OP with 150 squads. Despite VND's squads being fully visible, GML kept attacking and killed LOST but then found themselves in their own lockdown, with 150 VND squads incoming at ETA 1, as well as a virus attack at the beginning of the tick.

Both sides then started to spam ion cannons, however it was futile. As a result, all 120 squads of GML were killed. After that, the tables were quickly turned and GML's territory got smaller and smaller. However, the hardest part is the barrier made up of GML's subs, situated in Antarctica and that's said to be unbreachable, is still untouched.

Spoiler:

GML killed a LOST member (first picture), then got locked down (second picture) and got their army killed (third picture)

Screenshot provided by Milan (forum)

Explaining this, VND said that GML started the attack with Vulnar spamming first, and VND reacted with around 30 spams. GML's side of the story is pretty much the same, except the part that they said VND spammed GML first, and Vulnar responded by spamming them back.

Since GML expressed that VND assured not to join in the war, we tried to contact GML after the battle to ask what do they think. However we didn't get any response.

HU vs CBop

Although CBop's main army has been wiped out by VND in the battle in the Middle East, CBop and their allies haven't given up the game yet. As they have rebuilt and made a base on India with their allies, GPs and TLA.

HU made several attacks on CBop allies, killed several armies and advanced deep into their hives. Here are some small battle reports shared by Ferr3t

Spoiler:
[img][http://i46.tinypic.com/24wd74i.png[/img]

Meanwhile in Europe, ICG landed around 100 squads to UK, forcing HU members there to relocate.

Around tick 185, HU sent a big attack consisted of 300 squads at a CBop colony, Vincent Voleju. The colony was shielded, but they didn't turn back and kept attacking.

Spoiler:
Screenshots shared by CBop

Seeing the opportunity, TLA attacked the original OP, once again trapping the attacking squads, repeating the same tactic CBop did against VND. Realizing the enemy's strategy, HU decided to run, however, perhaps due to inactivity, only one third of the units were able to turn.

Their return wasn't as peaceful, as they are ioned several times, largely lowering the amount of squads coming in the first wave as well as time for reinforcement for the second wave, which included the ioned squads and another one third of the units turned next tick.

Spoiler:

TLA killed all two waves, which were almost 200 squads in total.

Spoiler:

Meanwhile, SAGE also sent 4 nukes at Vincent, which appeared to be helping HU against CBop. However, as the nukes were around 2 ticks ETA, Vincent relocated and locked down the OP. The still attacking HU squads found themselves locked down, with 4 nukes along with CBop's army incoming in less than 3 ticks.

Spoiler:

As a result, all of HU's army were killed in less than 3 ticks.

Spoiler:

We asked SAGE leader about the nukes, he said he didn't know anything as he wasn't online, and told me he couldn't confirm or deny what happened at the time.

HU was the rank 4 alliance, with CBop and the rest of their allies ranked 30 ~ 40. However as the amount of mass bonuses we've had this era are extremely high, distances between alliances are not very high. Ignoring or underestimating a low ranked alliance doesn't end with a good result.

PAIN and DR vs BME

As said in the previous issue, DR has recently joined in the war against BME. Defender, BME's leader, said that DR told him the units and such were to move to Africa and they had no intention to attack BME.

Which is why Defender was really upset when DR attacked BME at tick 202. We had an interview with DR about the situation, and he said:

Quote:
When I became leader, we had some initial issues with V. We were heading to kill them, when they then became a sub of PAIN.

PAIN leader asked me to consider them their sub and to not attack them. After this, I was talking with PAIN leader a lot. He was discussing the war with BME, but we were kinda on the fence. We decided to keep our options open. When PAIN took a big loss, it kinda made the decision for us.

Only that I find it somewhat repugnant that I am being flamed on the forums as some kind of dishonorable leader. It would have been far more dishonorable if I turned my back on PAIN, in my opinion

When asked about his opinion about DR and the war, Defender shared:

Quote:
Since we had taken out the main army of PAIN and their subs are in a state that is apparently so bad that not even their main think that the two of them can keep BME busy, I wouldn't mind one more alliance joining the war.

But as I have expressed on the forum, I do have a problem with how they joined the war. Him saying that they were moving to Africa, and only 6 ticks before the attack saying he had no problem with allying us, lying straight to my face. This is something I can in no way or form see as anything other than a cowardly move. Then again lying by saying it wasn't planned, which PAIN's leader confirmed that it was on the forum.

DR said that they allied with PAIN, and that was the reason for them joining the war. But, as I said, I would have no problem fighting them, my problem is with how they joined the war. Backing up their allies (who is already backed by 2 subs) is a good deed, but doesn't erase how much honor were destroyed from the actual attack.

Despite all that though, The war is far from over, we are already ranked higher than all of the PAIN alliances again. And we're ready for DR when they come closer.

After getting their army wiped out by DR, BME built up and launched an attack into PAIN and killed two PAIN members

Spoiler:
screenshot provided by PAIN

PA1N despite getting killed a lot due to long ETA attacks, still hasn't learnt from the past mistakes as they continued to suicide their units into BME

Spoiler:
screenshot provided by BME

Even though BME has been winning battles up to now, DR continued to advance and now is very close to BME's hive.

Other wars

The war between SAGE and LAZY finished quickly, as LAZY didn't stand a chance against SAGE, the rank one alliance

SoLD was seen attacking and conquering CSC, however the conquered colonies were liberated and the attacks stopped.

MILAN AND HIS WHEREABOUTS

Recently I've received news and rumors about Milan being Apocalypse in VND. Getting interested about this topic, I've decided to ask Milan about this, he shared:

Quote:
Well, I can certainly see why some people would think it is me.. He has the highest killcount and seems like a great player in general. However, he also seems like a big booster and as most should be aware I never buy reds. I can reject it as much as I want, but I don't believe that will change the opinion of those thinking Apocalypse is me. So I can only say I am honored to hear that people think I am him, as I believe him to be one of the best players there has ever been on this game.

STATISTICS

Number of mass boosts: 32

Amount of metal given per player: 175796

Amount of oil given per player: 182765

Highest kill count: 14778 (Apocalypse)

NEW ADDITION

We've recently accepted Reporter Pete as a new official member, he'll be in charge of giving general news daily. If you want to have a quick and short piece of news, subscribe him by send him or me a PM in-game.

You can find us with the alliance tag NEWS.

======================

======================

- In-game PM
- Forum PM
Thank you for reading.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:27 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Hello everyone, welcome to the Official Championship Era News Report.

The tension of the era seemed to be loosened, as most of the wars have either finished or have lost their suspense.

WAR

GML vs LoL*
*There are many alliances participating in the war on both sides, GML and LoL are just representatives of each side.

After VND joined the war and attacked GML, GML continuously lost ground and at around tick 340 LoL side had already taken all South America, save for three GML colonies (two of them relocated thereafter).

Tick 347, LoL (former LoVe) organized an attack on GML member Sailer of Sourdistan. However, not only GML not relocate, they even let 40 squads die, which was unexpected and surprised a lot of people.

Milan (aka Senatus, IGN still unconfirmed) shared his opinion on the forum
Quote:
He did have enough control ticks to relocate. Perhaps they wanted to keep him there to act as a spam base if we advance into AA. The part I however do not understand at all are the 40 dead squads. What were they thinking?

We have been trying to contact GML's leader since the attack from VND at tick 260, however we still haven't got any response from him.

Spoiler:

The battle report and the conquered GML member, shared by LoL

Haven been resisting BEER since tick 50, KoH took the opportunity when BEER was focusing on the GML war to send a 40 squad attack at a BEER member, Blue Moon. However the colony was shielded and KoH didn't turn back until LiP took the original OP. Leader of KoH, LetsPlay turned back but couldn't defeat the LiP force. IMP Reaver, who carried on the attack was also killed by the defense put up at the colony.

Spoiler:

battle report provided by IMP Reaver

At the end of tick 365, VND and LoL started their invasion on Antarctica with 400 squads from VND (all 12 members) and 300 squads from LoL (9 members). Unable to get ground in the nearest Antarctica ground, both VND and LoL were forced to send at longer ETAs.

Meanwhile, LGR also sent a 3-wave attack with 100 squads at GML, though some of the squads were hit by a nuke.

Spoiler:

Invasions on Antarctica - screenshot shared by VND

BME vs PAIN and DR

Despite some wins against PAIN which were mentioned in the previous release, BME continuously lost ground. After losing their army again because of DR's attack at tick 319, BME decided to give up and stayed without relocating away. BME's leader, Defender of Ous All, said on the forum that:

Quote:
We had several alliances offering us relocation spots, but my members decided to rather stay, knowing that we'd get conquered, because DR deserved it for the effort they put into it.

Spoiler:

DR attacked BME at tick 319, battle report shared by BME

Defender also mentioned on the same post, that he and most of his team members would be focusing on real life. This officially ended the war of BME, as well as BME's time on CE.

Other events

VND is being continuously harassed by an alliance named Cows, as Cows continuously spammed VND and their allies and refused to stop. The guy who was banned for spamming Fear (I) is also in the same alliance as Cows.

After being killed by CBop and TLA, HU gave up and got conquered one after another by CBop.

INTERVIEW OF AN OC PLAYER

After recent comments on BC about the Championship Era having the OC feeling, tons of BCs were made in replies to those comments, most of them were questions about OC. To make it clear for our readers, we decided to interview Laughing Bulls, leader of CBop, who has a good idea of "what is OC"

Quote:
Aister: Can you share what is OC? And what is NC?

Laughing Bulls: OC stands for Old Client, basically the Battle Dawn before mid-2009. There were tons of changes had been made when it changed to NC. I heard NC made it easier for the dev team to add new features as well as fixing bugs.

Aister: So can you tell me some of the biggest changes?

Laughing Bulls: In the old client there were features that don't exist or have been nerfed in the new client. Among these features was the food feature which works completely different from our new worker feature. Food was a resource that was produced every tick just like the rest, and following a similar system to the worker system. It was consumed as your soldiers moved and would only stop being consumed if your soldiers landed on a barracks or on a colony.

Since food could not be stockpiled, and had a limit, it became a resource that forced you to plan ahead. You could NOT sit on a shield and any movement above 3 ticks was near suicidal. When your troops ran out of food, they disbanded. This means simply by moving your soldiers would be vaporized until you reached an equilibrium of food per soldier.

Again, you were forced to plan ahead for your assaults, you could not keep moving, you would have to sit on a barracks for a while to regain your food, then launch again.

What this meant is that surgical strikes were more common, and the main force was used to push your enemy back and then small strikes to take the land, you could not simply blitz your opponent at any time. Doing so would gamble your units.

Aister: I heard that in the OC, it's more competitive than NC. Do you know the reason?

Laughing Bulls: I think it was because of the prizes. For a while there was no prize to winning a server. Typically you could announce your own message on the front page of BD congratulating your members or talking about the era.

As there was no prize for winning until near the end, where it was just for first rank alliance. People had nothing to lose by going all-out, so almost every alliance you came across was going for the win. This meant you had to kill them and take their territory over. There weren't just 2-sided server. There could be up to 14 competitive alliances, and this happened constantly.

Aister: How about relics? I heard they are different than the ones we have here.

Laughing Bulls: The relics were like crystals, they were on the colony. And you had to conquer someone to take their relics. So there were no handing over relics.

I've heard a lot of people call NC more diplomatic as a justification of it having superior level of play. This isn't necessarily true. To be honest, in OC it was more about finding the path to victory and finding the right combination of diplomacy to help you achieve this, knowing that people could backstab you at any time. In NC I see it's more about finding as many 'supporters' of your win even if you can't get them a prize.

Aister: Thank you for your time, the info you shared with us is very helpful :)

STATISTICS (TICK 371)

Number of mass boosts: 36

Amount of metal given per player: 199796

Amount of oil given per player: 206765

Highest kill count: 17706 (Apocalypse)

======================

======================

- In-game PM
- Forum PM
Thank you for reading.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:27 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Just as the war between BME and PAIN finished, a new war began. It seems the world never stops attacking each other.

WAR

GML vs HaHa (former LoL)

Landing on Antarctica, HaHa, VND and their allies were greeted with lots of resistance: spams, nukes and tons of units. Despite all that, HaHa's side managed to gain a foothold, and killed lots of squads and units of GML's allies without having any major losses.

Approximately 20 ticks after landing, GML leader, Tigran TG of Armenia, was temporarily banned. The reason is still unknown. This was a big hit to GML, because although it was a temporary ban, the fact that he couldn't log in and move his units was still there. Taking advantage of this situation, HaHa tracked down and killed his squads.

Spoiler:

battle report provided by HaHa

Fortunately, we managed to make contact to GML. However, we didn't have enough time to make several things clear. Sharing his opinion on the war, GML's MoFA, Son of Agamemnon, said:

Quote:
VND is a team of heavy boosters that have paid their way through their allies. To all the rest, they just lie until they get their armies into position for attack. NAP or not...

About the loss of units, it is not of any importance

GML and VND still couldn't get to a point of agreement for who was the one attacked first, as both sides were still saying the other did.

As GML started to regroup and move to the East, VND tried to chase them down while HaHa move to the West to advance into GML's hive. Here are several battle reports about the war, most, if not all, is GML and allies losses.

Spoiler:

Battle reports shared by VND, HaHa and their allies

CBop vs CHAM

Coming out as victors from the war against HU, CBop quickly got themselves into another war as they tried to expand into Europe. It was against CHAM, an alliance situated in Svalbard, a small land above Scandinavian region.

Laughing Bulls, former leader of CBop, shared his opinion about the war:

Quote:
The reason for the war is quite simple, they had the land that we required to continue on this era. However, we did start the war, and then they called us backstabbers yet never showed any proof of a pact we signed with them

CBop is known for their defensive strategy, as well as their winning against a top 5 alliance while being a rank 30 alliance. The war against CHAM (currently ranked 11) attracted a lot of attention from all of the world.

Being the one with less power, CBop was pushed back and losing ground. Faye (member of CBop) also lost his units in the process.

Spoiler:

battle report shared by CHAM

On Western Europe, BEER and HINI has started to attack ICG, and managed to kill two members of ICG with a spy trap.

Spoiler:

battle report shared by ICG

Talking about this event, Laughing Bulls said that it was a backstab by BEER. He claimed CBop's coalition had an all-era-friendly pact with VND's coalition (ICG, BEER and HINI included). CHAM however, isn't included in the pact. CHAM themselves denied being related to the war between BEER and ICG.

Until now, BEER hasn't initiated any attack on CBop, but ICG has attacked CHAM several times.

Due to not having enough time, we couldn't go deeper into this matter in this issue. We will try to get our hand on the matter as soon as possible and provide more details in the next release.

STATISTIC (TICK 466)

Number of mass boosts: 41

Amount of metal given per player: 229796

Amount of oil given per player: 236765

Highest kill count: 25153 (Apocalypse)

======================

======================

- In-game PM
- Forum PM
Thank you for reading.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:41 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Shortly after we closed the information of the previous issue, admins released all 10 relics, and all hell broke loose.

WAR

Relics and the beginning of the third world war

All 10 relics were released at tick 468, SoLD was the first alliance to get the relic, and they also got another one after. SEXY, BEER, HaHa and SAGE also managed to each get one for their alliances as well.

Since GML nearly gave up the war, VND withdrew from the GML war to focus on the relics. They attacked and took two relics, one near Europe, and one South East of South America.

However, the relics weren’t taken peacefully, as SAGE attacked the second relics and landed one tick after VND. And I alliance started the attack on the first one after VND took it.

This sparked the war between VND and SAGE, two biggest factions in this era.

VND faction vs SAGE faction

According to I and VND, I member sent with delay to the relic near Europe. But VND said even if the members sent with delay, it will be after VND has attacked. However, I leader claimed to be offline at that time and couldn’t give a full detail as to what happened.

I also said that they couldn’t turn the attack since they didn’t have enough members online at the time.

When the attack nearly hit the relic, according to VND, EVIL started to spam. However, I alliance said it was BEER who spammed first, and thus EVIL just react to BEER’s attack. This eventually dragged VND and SAGE, and quickly became a world war.

According to VND, since they had a deal with SAGE, I attacks on VND relic is an act of betrayal. However, I alliance said that they had never marked VND blue, as they have a separate deal with VND. But I alliance couldn’t show the deal when asked. Moreover, Milan, a member of VND whose IGN is still unknown, said that he hasn’t heard about the deal. VND leader, according to Milan, also denied having a deal with I.

At tick 518, SAGE sent 200+ squads ETA 6, taking this opportunity, VND attacked the original OPs while TFM attacked the OP which SAGE is heading. Being trapped in the middle of two large force, SAGE decided to continue their attacks and take TFM’s army. TFM used their ion cannons to push back 19 squads and managed to kill all SAGE’s units.

Spoiler:

battle reports shared by VND and TFM

On the North America battlefield, I and their subs tried to defend against BEER and their allies. They managed to kill one member from LiP. However, I and their allies were continuously pushed back, resulted in several loss of units.

Spoiler:

LiP member got killed, battle report shared by I alliance

Spoiler:

EVIL and II members got killed, battle report shared by TROL

TROL also said that they got Firemanpete (member of I) to disband 120 tanks.

CBop vs CHAM

Probably learning from the CBop war against HU and VND, CHAM decided to go safe and slow. Despite CBop and TLA having two colonies in the middle of the battle zone, CHAM didn’t rush to conquer them, instead they used nukes to attack the colonies. They managed to conquer the TLA’s colony, however they didn’t kill any major units yet.

At around tick 540, two members from CHAM got temporary banned, taking this opportunity, CBop attacked and killed one of the banned members. According to CBop, CHAM tried to defend, but turned and abandoned the units afterwards.

Spoiler:

battle report shared by Vruelric (forum name)

STATISTIC (tick 554)

Number of mass boost: 46

Metal given to each players (through mass boosts): 259796

Oil given to each players (through mass boosts): 266765

Most kill count: 29039 (Apocalypse)

Relics owners:

- SoLD (2)
- SEXY (2)
- VND (1)
- I (1)
- BEER (1)
- SAGE (1)
- HaHa (1)
- TLAs (1)

======================

======================

- In-game PM
- Forum PM
Thank you for reading.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:31 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

The wars kept raging, as the 4th week of the Championship Era ended.

WAR

VND vs SAGE

After losing 200 squads, SAGE started to be more careful. They couldn't keep VND from advancing though, and their territory got smaller and smaller. However, SAGE hadn't lost any major amount of units. That's until Persian joined SAGE at around tick 630, and immediately sent an attack at VND. And VND's defense quickly took care of this attack, resulting in a 19-squad loss from SAGE.

Spoiler:

battle report shared by VND

Being in the corner of the map, kestherBoy didn't leave many units home. Taking advantage of this, LC JW, RIS member, attacked and took his crystals. LC JW was conquered at the time of the attack, so apart from the crystal loss, there was no big damage to SAGE.

Despite the losses, SAGE was far from losing. On the North America - Greenland battlefield, however, things weren't look good for I and their allies.

Being under constant attack from BEER and their allies, I's allies continuously lost units and got conquered. I and their subs had to relocate to East Asia, near SAGE, in order to escape from BEER's attacks.

Some members couldn't escape, and got killed by TROL.

Spoiler:

Battle Report shared by TROL

CBop vs CHAM

After getting banned and killed, WISSEM HMEM, CHAM's member, left the alliance. Also, CHAM said that one more of their members, "Hello", got inactive and was going to leave soon after.

Despite the loss of their banned member, around tick 560, CHAM managed to lock down 200+ squads of CBop and fired 44 ion cannons on the locked OP. CBop responded by using their ion cannons to delay 26 squads of CHAM. However, it was futile, and 200+ squads of CBop were killed.

Spoiler:

HINI also participated in an attack on TLA, supported by two of CHAM's nukes. As a result, nearly 40 squads of TLA were killed.

Spoiler:

STATISTICS (tick 635)

Number of mass boost: 50
Metal given to each players (through mass boosts): 283796
Oil given to each players (through mass boosts): 290765
Highest kill count: 32125 (Apocalypse)

Relics owners:

- SoLD (2)
- SEXY (1)
- TROL (1)
- VND (1)
- I (1)
- BEER (1)
- SAGE (1)
- HaHa (1)
- TLAs (1)

======================

======================

- In-game PM
- Forum PM
Thank you for reading.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next