It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours



Forum rules


1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: WKRH Sign ups
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:27 pm 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 8:48 pm
Posts: 4751
Location: Chicago, IL, USA.
Gender: male
ghossfeld88 wrote:
I dont get it because The Spirit of Robin hood was killed which means Evil won too right?


No. The SoR can be replaced by two random civilians dying, if there are two left.

_________________
Image
KM-AI-TwF-ARM-ALLY-HORD-CME-ToW-CP-HINI-ISKC-COPS-DRAW-ROTR
Quote:
Matt Wyman/Apollo wrote: if I've learned one thing this era, it's that theres nothing scarier than a tired juno


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: WKRH Sign ups
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:42 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:48 am
Posts: 8023
Location: Fuyuki City
Gender: male
apollo wrote:
ghossfeld88 wrote:
I dont get it because The Spirit of Robin hood was killed which means Evil won too right?


No. The SoR can be replaced by two random civilians dying, if there are two left.

nubby apollo read the rule carefully

Lingering Spirit- If the Spirit of Robin is voted to death in the first day or killed by the Murderer with his "Assassination" ability in the first night round, Friar Tuck will randomly choose one of the Civilians and make them the new Spirit of Robin.

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: WKRH Sign ups
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:38 pm 
Major
Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:22 am
Posts: 3929
Location: Spam Section
Gender: male
aister wrote:
apollo wrote:
ghossfeld88 wrote:
I dont get it because The Spirit of Robin hood was killed which means Evil won too right?


No. The SoR can be replaced by two random civilians dying, if there are two left.

nubby apollo read the rule carefully

Lingering Spirit- If the Spirit of Robin is voted to death in the first day or killed by the Murderer with his "Assassination" ability in the first night round, Friar Tuck will randomly choose one of the Civilians and make them the new Spirit of Robin.


Never call Apollo nubby. Ever.

And the game is only won by Evil when the BTTB dies, not the SoR. If 2 civilians are alive then both of them would die if the BTTB would be targeted, still leaving a chance to find the murderer. But in the situation where the SoR is Sir Guy's target, the game would just end, like the one we just played.

Kenny can you clarify my other question?

Quote:
Yeah but take this situation

A says lynch blah blah and gives valid reason
B agrees and lynches

Then you are C (Sir Guy) and agree to lynch with them because thats your target.
Technically you didn't get the guy killed, A did.

_________________
Quote:
After months of not speaking
Numair: You still alive? This was my only way to actually see if your online
Zhester: *You're :D


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: WKRH Sign ups
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:48 pm 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 3:53 pm
Posts: 502
Gender: male
Quote:
Yeah but take this situation

A says lynch blah blah and gives valid reason
B agrees and lynches

Then you are C (Sir Guy) and agree to lynch with them because thats your target.
Technically you didn't get the guy killed, A did.

The simple answer is: Sir Guy wins.

The complex answer involving how to avoid it:

This gets complicated. Let me call Sir Guy the lyncher, since that is what his role originates from in mafia terms anyways. There's a couple of strategies involving how you deal with the lyncher. The first is that you may not lynch until you have 3-4 suspects of who the lyncher might be. In this case Koriko, Apollo, and someone else whom I'm too lazy to look up were cases of the lyncher. You know that 1 out of 3 of those are the lyncher, you know that 1 is the witch doctor, and one might be either a random or a town role. This means you have a 2/3rds chance to provide forward progression for town.

My advice? Take it. The chances are minimal that the lyncher will have the other 2 as a target. Town people should never go for a definite lynch on day 1 (Preacher/Maid Marian), unless it's a Maid Marian Blitz to get rid of the KJD.

As for evil people, they still need to push a target day 1 if they have one. The point is to out certain roles for the murderer, remember that the murderer doesn't win if evil has a majority, murderer wins if he can kill the BttB, so witch doctor should push every day 1 regardless to out who the preacher is.

Another good thing is that Lyncher pushing on someone looks like MM pushing on KJD, or Preacher pushing on Witch Doctor. This could mean that evil eliminates him

That's how I think you guys should play against the Lyncher.

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: WKRH Sign ups
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:09 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:24 pm
Posts: 2337
Location: no location for you
Gender: female
or just go back to the normal game and get rid of these 2 roles that complicate things

_________________
Image
Image
PSN: aLpHaOmEgAXII


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: WKRH Sign ups
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:55 pm 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 3:53 pm
Posts: 502
Gender: male
OmegaXII wrote:
or just go back to the normal game and get rid of these 2 roles that complicate things


Yeah, we should play a game that is as derp as possible.

I'm asking you to just think. It's a psychological game. The competition on the mafia sites are 1000x more intense, and have over 70 roles to choose from a game. I know all 70 of those roles, and I compete regularly. Surely you can learn a handful with 1 curveball.

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: WKRH Sign ups
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:57 am 
Major
Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:22 am
Posts: 3929
Location: Spam Section
Gender: male
Time to start.

_________________
Quote:
After months of not speaking
Numair: You still alive? This was my only way to actually see if your online
Zhester: *You're :D


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: WKRH Sign ups
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:08 am 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 8:48 pm
Posts: 4751
Location: Chicago, IL, USA.
Gender: male
Numair Mujeeb wrote:
Time to start.


Soon. Kenny and I have to deal with something first, then I'm sure he will get it started.

-Apollo

_________________
Image
KM-AI-TwF-ARM-ALLY-HORD-CME-ToW-CP-HINI-ISKC-COPS-DRAW-ROTR
Quote:
Matt Wyman/Apollo wrote: if I've learned one thing this era, it's that theres nothing scarier than a tired juno


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: WKRH Sign ups
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:53 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:24 pm
Posts: 2337
Location: no location for you
Gender: female
we gonna start or what...

_________________
Image
Image
PSN: aLpHaOmEgAXII


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: WKRH Sign ups
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:45 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:15 pm
Posts: 451
Gender: male
.. growing old waiting ..

why not just continue the WKRH as an on going crusade that after one game ends another begins with sign ups and each game can be a different test on what works

............problem solved....plus coud bring ore people to play over ti nd allows for more roles

_________________
Image


skype thoth.moon


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
WarLingo Android Mobile Game

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl