It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: WKRH Sign ups
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:27 pm 
Private
Private

ghossfeld88 wrote:
I dont get it because The Spirit of Robin hood was killed which means Evil won too right?

No. The SoR can be replaced by two random civilians dying, if there are two left.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:42 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

apollo wrote:
ghossfeld88 wrote:
I dont get it because The Spirit of Robin hood was killed which means Evil won too right?

No. The SoR can be replaced by two random civilians dying, if there are two left.

nubby apollo read the rule carefully

Lingering Spirit- If the Spirit of Robin is voted to death in the first day or killed by the Murderer with his "Assassination" ability in the first night round, Friar Tuck will randomly choose one of the Civilians and make them the new Spirit of Robin.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:38 pm 
Major
Major

aister wrote:
apollo wrote:
ghossfeld88 wrote:

nubby apollo read the rule carefully

Lingering Spirit- If the Spirit of Robin is voted to death in the first day or killed by the Murderer with his "Assassination" ability in the first night round, Friar Tuck will randomly choose one of the Civilians and make them the new Spirit of Robin.

Never call Apollo nubby. Ever.

And the game is only won by Evil when the BTTB dies, not the SoR. If 2 civilians are alive then both of them would die if the BTTB would be targeted, still leaving a chance to find the murderer. But in the situation where the SoR is Sir Guy's target, the game would just end, like the one we just played.

Kenny can you clarify my other question?

Quote:
Yeah but take this situation

A says lynch blah blah and gives valid reason
B agrees and lynches

Then you are C (Sir Guy) and agree to lynch with them because thats your target.
Technically you didn't get the guy killed, A did.

Zhester: *You're :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:48 pm 
News Team
News Team

Quote:
Yeah but take this situation

A says lynch blah blah and gives valid reason
B agrees and lynches

Then you are C (Sir Guy) and agree to lynch with them because thats your target.
Technically you didn't get the guy killed, A did.

The simple answer is: Sir Guy wins.

The complex answer involving how to avoid it:

This gets complicated. Let me call Sir Guy the lyncher, since that is what his role originates from in mafia terms anyways. There's a couple of strategies involving how you deal with the lyncher. The first is that you may not lynch until you have 3-4 suspects of who the lyncher might be. In this case Koriko, Apollo, and someone else whom I'm too lazy to look up were cases of the lyncher. You know that 1 out of 3 of those are the lyncher, you know that 1 is the witch doctor, and one might be either a random or a town role. This means you have a 2/3rds chance to provide forward progression for town.

My advice? Take it. The chances are minimal that the lyncher will have the other 2 as a target. Town people should never go for a definite lynch on day 1 (Preacher/Maid Marian), unless it's a Maid Marian Blitz to get rid of the KJD.

As for evil people, they still need to push a target day 1 if they have one. The point is to out certain roles for the murderer, remember that the murderer doesn't win if evil has a majority, murderer wins if he can kill the BttB, so witch doctor should push every day 1 regardless to out who the preacher is.

Another good thing is that Lyncher pushing on someone looks like MM pushing on KJD, or Preacher pushing on Witch Doctor. This could mean that evil eliminates him

That's how I think you guys should play against the Lyncher.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:09 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

or just go back to the normal game and get rid of these 2 roles that complicate things

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:55 pm 
News Team
News Team

OmegaXII wrote:
or just go back to the normal game and get rid of these 2 roles that complicate things

Yeah, we should play a game that is as derp as possible.

I'm asking you to just think. It's a psychological game. The competition on the mafia sites are 1000x more intense, and have over 70 roles to choose from a game. I know all 70 of those roles, and I compete regularly. Surely you can learn a handful with 1 curveball.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:57 am 
Major
Major

Time to start.

Zhester: *You're :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:08 am 
Private
Private

Numair Mujeeb wrote:
Time to start.

Soon. Kenny and I have to deal with something first, then I'm sure he will get it started.

-Apollo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:53 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

we gonna start or what...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:45 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

.. growing old waiting ..

why not just continue the WKRH as an on going crusade that after one game ends another begins with sign ups and each game can be a different test on what works

............problem solved....plus coud bring ore people to play over ti nd allows for more roles

skype thoth.moon

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4