It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: supermechs making bd forum bad
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:21 pm 
Major
Major

no need for it

free tokens!

-Baz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:40 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Tacticsoft developed Battlemechs, Defender of the galaxy, Supermechs and of course Battledawn.
Right now, we don't have any mods for supermechs and also I cannot help much when its about bugs etc.
But there must be a place where they can write it down so we can start to fix the bugs.
Many BD players are also SM players and why should they bother with 2 accounts and forums?
Please keep in mind that both games are very connected as you can use for example your tokens in both games.
I can see that its sometimes confusing but it has been always that way, even with localized servers in the past.

Spoiler:
For example:

We will surely continue to develop new games so I hope (yes, I really do) that this forum will be the TACTICSOFT GAMES FORUM in the long run.
A place to stay, to meet friends and talk while enjoying one or the other of our games !

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:50 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

socialmisfit1 wrote:
no need for it

No need for it how? You don't agree that the posts are being mixed up and with an increasing percentage coming from Supermechs you are sometimes clicking on a supermechs topic where you don't want to go at all?

I hate to say it but you keep posting useless stuff like this on every post, since I'm not a moderator I can't say anything about it officially but it's quite annoying me. Just want to have said that.

Quote:
Tacticsoft developed Battlemechs, Defender of the galaxy, Supermechs and of course Battledawn.
Right now, we don't have any mods for supermechs and also I cannot help much when its about bugs etc.
But there must be a place where they can write it down so we can start to fix the bugs.
Many BD players are also SM players and why should they bother with 2 accounts and forums?
Please keep in mind that both games are very connected as you can use for example your tokens in both games.
I can see that its sometimes confusing but it has been always that way, even with localized servers in the past.

Very nice marketing talk Ilona :lol: The thing is, no one cares about defender of the galaxy and battlemechs being on the same forum because no one ever posts there so it doesn't bother anyone. And I completely agree that they should have a place to write down their bugs, and discuss the game and the likes. I just think my solution of adding a view active battledawn topics and view active supermechs topic is a much simpler one. I don't open any supermechs threads and when I do, I close them immediately and am annoyed that I accidentally opened one. I don't talk to anyone that plays Supermechs unless they post in the BD forums..

I completely understand your stance of trying to get people to meet each other and it's a great marketing talk, I'll give you that, but the reality is that we just care for Battledawn as we are Battledawn players and unless we actually start playing Supermechs we don't want to be on the Supermech forum.. It's just annoying to keep opening threads from a game you have no interest in and that you don't want to be opening.

Quote:
We will surely continue to develop new games so I hope (yes, I really do) that this forum will be the TACTICSOFT GAMES FORUM in the long run.
A place to stay, to meet friends and talk while enjoying one or the other of our games !

Would be much better to just have a central forum to allow people to meet and chit-chat with the Battledawn forum (and Supermechs forum) being seperate entities in there so that you can check out the threads you actually WANT to read and WANT to participate in.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:06 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

Milanos wrote:
That's not true Aister, Dan posted the link to show only the Battledawn topics, I have it bookmarked on my PC at home. It seems quite simple to just put "View active Battledawn topics" next to "View active topics" with "View active Battledawn topics" hyperlinked to Dan's link.

Of course the same would go for Supermechs.

It certainly all boils down to the apparent laziness by people to change the forums and mod it.... Well...... that was applicable 2 years ago, not now. :3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:40 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

ronelm2012 wrote:
Milanos wrote:
That's not true Aister, Dan posted the link to show only the Battledawn topics, I have it bookmarked on my PC at home. It seems quite simple to just put "View active Battledawn topics" next to "View active topics" with "View active Battledawn topics" hyperlinked to Dan's link.

It certainly all boils down to the apparent laziness by people to change the forums and mod it.... Well...... that was applicable 2 years ago, not now. :3

im not lazy, i just love to sleep 42 hours out of a 24 hour day.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:01 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

Ryan wrote:
ronelm2012 wrote:
Milanos wrote:

im not lazy, i just love to sleep 42 hours out of a 24 hour day.

You're soooo making yourself look better as a mod. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:25 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

im the best no life mod this game ever has had and ever will.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:27 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

as milanos suggested why can't we make a simple separation, not the whole forum just something like he suggest.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:30 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

i like it, it brigs people around our parts, but in time i do think they need their own place to post.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:08 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Milanos wrote:

that's him utilize the search function, however there is no way we can put it on the forum...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next