It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Why do we have the worst forum community of any game on the
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:07 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Even with all the spam contests and I know what.. There's really realistically only a few of the big spammers participating there. To be honest those things just annoy me because they mess up my "Show new posts" and "show active topics" feed.

I think that if we want an active community, or in other words an active forum, we should not be focusing on the spam section (or off-topic, since it got renamed). It is my belief that if you have a BATTLE DAWN FORUM the chat and discussion about Battledawn should be encouraged. The last times the forum was active in my memory were:

RUN/subs/allies vs ARM/subs/allies
Other E1 related topics that era
People hating on me
Worker cap

Even recently, the only thread that seemed active to me was the one where AI was posting Battle Reports.

The first and second topic were about E1, and I believe it was because that is the world that both has the best players playing and the most active reasonable people playing. The 3rd topic was about something that happened within an active era as well with a lot of good players that generated a lot of discussion. The 4th topic was about a big ingame change that even prompted people that had left Battledawn to come back to have their say.

I believe I am getting off track but my point was that usually the eras where there are many good players actively playing are the eras that make the forum come alive. Worlds where the good players are playing generate a lot of buzz, leading to an increase of posts on the forum.

So ultimately I believe this all leads back to the fact that Battledawn has gotten less interesting over the years with the changes that have been done, as someone recently expressed in the "has battledawn gotten boring for anyone else" thread. We used to have more active players, more good players, more people spawning, much more populated worlds.. I remember trying to join a worlds and the worlds just being full. Nowadays you'll only really see that in E1. I remember worlds having 2.5k+ pop consistently..

I do not know if Battledawn simply spent that much more on advertising back then or what caused the difference.. But I do know that me, along with many others who have expressed so on the forums in the past or that have simply left and said their goodbyes on Skype found that Battledawn had been doing changes that were not making the game more fun and that therefore decided to move on and look for other games.

This has been stated by me before and I might be alone in this but I really do miss the old days of the NC, where you had bounties, where you had more starting res, where you had more wrecks spawning, where you had MUCH more income from conquers (big reason right there), where you could get over 1000 workers temporarily from normal growth, where razing OPs took 12 ticks.. I'm pretty sure that if you give me 10 minutes I can come up with a lot more changes that I believe did not make Battledawn more fun.

In the end I believe it just all comes down to the game. In my opinion and in the opinion of many others the game has gotten less fun, and that is reflected in the forum.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:52 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Milanos wrote:
Even with all the spam contests and I know what.. There's really realistically only a few of the big spammers participating there. To be honest those things just annoy me because they mess up my "Show new posts" and "show active topics" feed.

I think that if we want an active community, or in other words an active forum, we should not be focusing on the spam section (or off-topic, since it got renamed). It is my belief that if you have a BATTLE DAWN FORUM the chat and discussion about Battledawn should be encouraged. The last times the forum was active in my memory were:

RUN/subs/allies vs ARM/subs/allies
Other E1 related topics that era
People hating on me
Worker cap

Even recently, the only thread that seemed active to me was the one where AI was posting Battle Reports.

The first and second topic were about E1, and I believe it was because that is the world that both has the best players playing and the most active reasonable people playing. The 3rd topic was about something that happened within an active era as well with a lot of good players that generated a lot of discussion. The 4th topic was about a big ingame change that even prompted people that had left Battledawn to come back to have their say.

I believe I am getting off track but my point was that usually the eras where there are many good players actively playing are the eras that make the forum come alive. Worlds where the good players are playing generate a lot of buzz, leading to an increase of posts on the forum.

So ultimately I believe this all leads back to the fact that Battledawn has gotten less interesting over the years with the changes that have been done, as someone recently expressed in the "has battledawn gotten boring for anyone else" thread. We used to have more active players, more good players, more people spawning, much more populated worlds.. I remember trying to join a worlds and the worlds just being full. Nowadays you'll only really see that in E1. I remember worlds having 2.5k+ pop consistently..

I do not know if Battledawn simply spent that much more on advertising back then or what caused the difference.. But I do know that me, along with many others who have expressed so on the forums in the past or that have simply left and said their goodbyes on Skype found that Battledawn had been doing changes that were not making the game more fun and that therefore decided to move on and look for other games.

This has been stated by me before and I might be alone in this but I really do miss the old days of the NC, where you had bounties, where you had more starting res, where you had more wrecks spawning, where you had MUCH more income from conquers (big reason right there), where you could get over 1000 workers temporarily from normal growth, where razing OPs took 12 ticks.. I'm pretty sure that if you give me 10 minutes I can come up with a lot more changes that I believe did not make Battledawn more fun.

In the end I believe it just all comes down to the game. In my opinion and in the opinion of many others the game has gotten less fun, and that is reflected in the forum.

this i can whole heartedly agree with i do miss the days of bounties and when we could build more than 60 soldiers at a time (this 1 makes havoc a disaster and the reason i dont play it) and yes razing ops in 12 tiks not 24 ect ect. personally i just think that a lot of changes that were made here (most of it was to stop farming) did ruin a great aspect of the game and well made it less interesting. the new scoring system i am still very iffy about it's helping me a lot on M3 but idk if i like it or not

EDIT: diaz that is actually pretty nasty

WWs 1st
XIRX 4th
RFW 2nd
Hero 2nd
there's a lota pretty girlz in da city ;)
skype littleconqueror1 all welcome to add

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:21 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

well since lc brought up the score system i would say its not 100% fair, more 50-50, currently on f5 which is a 2 man alliance world a top 10 alliance is dead, i have more power then both combined, they also have 0 crystals and no relics but are still top 10 due to the score system, it really isnt fair considering they have pretty much nothing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:56 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

commenting on the forum, u're saying we should be more focused into BD-related chat. It's not our fault if ppl decided not to participate in BD-related threads, or BD forum as a whole. We, those who don't play in that era can't discuss anything, can we?

We are doing our best in the threads where we can help, answering questions, discussing about a suggestions or an update, and such. And if u haven't noticed, the off-topic is there to keep regular forumers in the game, provide a place for us to chat and have fun. Ask anyone here and u'll get almost all of them stepped in the forum for a question / suggestion, but stayed for spam / off-topic. Without that section, I'd say the forum will be as good as dead.

Tenkai, Omega, me, and lots of others, are putting up with the dead state of this forum for nearly a year, waiting for a new generation of regular forumers to join and live up the forum. Yet none has appeared.

------

commenting on the score system, we are having a discussion on how to balance it, so if u have any idea or anything, make a thread about it, it's better to suggest something to improve, rather than complaining about it...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:32 pm 
Captain
Captain

aister wrote:
commenting on the score system, we are having a discussion on how to balance it, so if u have any idea or anything, make a thread about it, it's better to suggest something to improve, rather than complaining about it...

BD maintenance team. Ha. Haha. Hahahahaha.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:44 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Diazepam wrote:
aister wrote:

BD maintenance team. Ha. Haha. Hahahahaha.

Be nice now :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:23 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

nope, not the MT team

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:35 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

so it would seem this thread devolved into a "blame everything for the dead forum" thread.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:02 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

none of us is at fault, it's just the usual players out there don't want to pay much attention to or don't want to waste time discussing, debating about who is the real backstabber or provoking the other party, while trying to appeal themselves.

about the games to live up the forum, we have tried, teller came back and hosted a RP thread, but only me, and life, iirc, participated, despite being bad at RP-ing myself. It never went far, or better, it never started.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:18 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I think that since we have Skype we all use it because it is easier to talk about stuff and more random stuff and we can go back and look at things instead of havering to search threw pages of post to find info

skype thoth.moon

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next