It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: E4 Server Fail
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:11 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Hello all

Long time player here, Matty of WARDOG

Every 1 experienced a server fail on E4 about tick 120. I was being attacked by a Newb with 60 infantry. I donated and bought 1000 tokens in order to protect my self. I had built 30 vehicles and they were ready to hurry in order to protect my self from the attack now eta 1 tick.

I waited until there were ten minutes left on the clock till the next tick and went to hurry my units. To my dismay the server had failed. I could not log in for a further 15 minutes.

When I do get back in it is the next tick and i have lost my crystals I have lost all my 6 conquers I had lost my units. Obviously been conquered whilst the server was down....

Ok stay cool, Admin will sort it.

So I messaged Seth E4 Admin and asked for some sort of a refund or compensation for the tokens I had bought and that had been wasted due to a fault in the game not due to my own mistake.

Apparently, according to Seth , no can do. "Would be unfair"

Now correct me if im wrong. The fact i have played for well over 5 years, have donated thousands of £ is not the point. Although some discretion and respect for a longstanding player wouldn’t go a miss. The fact that i suffered losses that could have been prevented had the server not failed and the fact that i donated to prevent these losses would suggest to me that some sort of compensation would be appropriate.

If not... Why do I donate? Why do i put money in a game if the outcome can not be felt or seen? Well quite simply I wouldn’t. I use money to gain an advantage, when that advantage was taken away because of a server fail. quite frankly i want my money back.

I would appreciate some neutral opinion and thoughts.

Its the principle not the $18

Thank you

Matty of WARDOG

Post subject: Re: E4 Server Fail
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:51 am 
Private
Private

That sucks. I was wondering if anyone had a problem like that. If it means anything, I wish you the best in the future.

Post subject: Re: E4 Server Fail
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:10 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

Hey mate, please don't post duplicate threads. You've already posted this on the forum (viewtopic.php?f=112&t=20201) and received a well thought out, long reply from Seth. If you wish to continue to talk about this issue please reply back in your first thread, not create another one as it clutters up the forum. Thanks. :)

-Duplicate thread locked-

Your first thread:
viewtopic.php?f=112&t=20201

Most Crystals: 121
Highest Power: 212

Sensual bath time feat. Ferr3t
Spoiler:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]