It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Official Programming help Topic.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:46 am 
Major
Major

Welcome, I have noticed a lot of other newb programmers (like myself) looking for some help when they encounter some errors, as Aister put it this is the BD Era of programmers :P

Post any question you have in this format

Quote:
Language
Code:
Code

Error and description.

Post subject: Re: Official Programming help Topic.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:32 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

HTML Javascript/jQuery
Code:
<script src="Data/Scripts/jQuery.js"></script>
<span><a>First Link</a><br><div style="background-color:black;color:white;display:none">Test1</div></span>
<span><a>Second Link</a><br><div style="background-color:black;color:white;display:none">Test2</div></span>
<span><a>Third Link</a><br><div style="background-color:black;color:white;display:none">Test3</div></span>
<span><a>Fourth Link</a><br><div style="background-color:black;color:white;display:none">Test4</div></span>
<span><a>Fifth Link</a><br><div style="background-color:black;color:white;display:none">Test5</div></span>
<script>
$('span').mouseover(function(){
   $('div',this).fadeIn(150);
}).mouseout(function(){
   $('div',this).fadeOut(150);
});
</script>

I tried to make a fade in/out tooltip box that will show when hover over the <a>. It works, but things get ugly when u quickly move ur mouse over the list...

this can be solved easily with css if I don't use fadeIn and fadeOut... but still want to find a way to have it fade nicely...

Post subject: Re: Official Programming help Topic.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:31 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I am having massive problems reading notepad files in C++. I've tried like 5 different methods and none of them work. I want to be able to pull a string from a notepad file--thoughts?

If compilers matter, xCode, which might be why I'm having problems. I recall having done this several times before on my old XP, where I used visual studio. Anyhoo...

Basically, I'm trying to compile data, and the best way for me to do this is to make a program that goes in and .find()s a bunch of numbers. But if I can't pull the data out into a string in my program, that plan sort of dies.

Code:
// reading a text file
#include <iostream>
#include <fstream>
#include <string>
using namespace std;

int main () {
  string line;
  ifstream myfile ("test.txt");
  if (myfile.is_open()) {
    string file = "";
    while (myfile.good()) {
      getline (myfile,line);
      file += line;
    }

myfile.close();
  } else {
    cout << "Unable to open file";
  }

return 0;
}

Liam wrote:
Rise my minions, VOTE FERR3T #1 FOR HEAD MOD!!

Simmen wrote:
How are you not a admin Hal?..

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]