It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Hunger Games Movie
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:57 pm 
Major
Major

OmegaXII wrote:
same here, did you read all 3?

it was like twilight, i know lots of people who read the books then years later when it became a movie it became super popular

Yeah I did :P

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:02 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

goo boy, did you finish your vegetables too? :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:54 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Personally, I think they didn't butcher it as much as the Harry Potterr movies where a LOT was left out but Cato's speech was different and they didn't give a lot of emphasis on Peeta. Also, both district 11's tributes were black but in the riot scene, most of the district was white :? . Otherwise it was okay.

I said Welcome to Detroit City

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:24 pm 
Major
Major

on a scale of 1-10 how butchered was it?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:34 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

2 for butcheredness

I said Welcome to Detroit City

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:20 am 
Major
Major

Jake wrote:
on a scale of 1-10 how butchered was it?

It depends, the first half of the movie was amazing, it was perfect.

The second half was butchered, on a scale of 1-10, probably butchered to around 4-7 for me. Leaning more on a 7, 10 being more butchered.

Zhester: *You're :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:15 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

im going to go watch it at the drive In

skype thoth.moon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:31 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Time for my 2 cents :D
Unlike how numair put it, I felt the 2nd half did better justice than the 1st half did...

The thing that makes these movies so hard to depict is mostly because it's written from the protagonists view and maybe 30% of the words is her talking to herself/giving description... That kind of thing is hard to reflect without making numerous numerous silent moments, which even though it's more descriptive, it's quite boring on screen. What I wanna figure out is how they're gonna give the mockingjay more meaning in the 2nd movie since they pretty much reduced it to smolders in this one.

When the games actually started going to a 3rd person take on the games rather than 1st person make the movie feel more alive an quick than how it could have been done. I don't promote the choice but for what it's worth it was adequate. The thing I'm critical of there is the cornucopia... That thing looked like total fail... It wasn't done justice.

Overall, I wud give it a 7/10 for deviating a lil too hard on some points but still making it understandable to the people who don't read to a good extent.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:34 am 
Major
Major

Soirem wrote:
Time for my 2 cents :D
Unlike how numair put it, I felt the 2nd half did better justice than the 1st half did...

The thing that makes these movies so hard to depict is mostly because it's written from the protagonists view and maybe 30% of the words is her talking to herself/giving description... That kind of thing is hard to reflect without making numerous numerous silent moments, which even though it's more descriptive, it's quite boring on screen. What I wanna figure out is how they're gonna give the mockingjay more meaning in the 2nd movie since they pretty much reduced it to smolders in this one.

When the games actually started going to a 3rd person take on the games rather than 1st person make the movie feel more alive an quick than how it could have been done. I don't promote the choice but for what it's worth it was adequate. The thing I'm critical of there is the cornucopia... That thing looked like total fail... It wasn't done justice.

Overall, I wud give it a 7/10 for deviating a lil too hard on some points but still making it understandable to the people who don't read to a good extent.

HAI SOI! Long time no speak. :P

Fair post, I think I preferred the first half to the second due to the fact that I LIKE SPECIFICS. The first half was perfect, it had the right feel, the right lines, the characters were playing their parts. Everything happened the way it did in the book.

Its just that when the actual Games started, I disliked the fact that many specifics were taken out. Probably because I expected too much of the movie. I wanted to hear Peeta talk to Katniss in the cave about how his dad said that he would have married Katniss' mother and she was wearing the dress etc. I wanted to see Peeta suffer from blood poisoning and hear the line "My mom may not be a nurse, but I know what blood poisoning is". I just really wanted the specifics and certain parts to be in there.

Such as the points I made earlier, Cato's speech at the end, Peeta's leg not getting amputated. I just didn't like it, maybe because I expected too much of it.

Another example, the cave scene in the book had a lot more going on in it than those 5 minutes that they showed Katniss and Peeta in the movie. I wanted to see the talking, the emotion, a perfect re-enactment of the book, which I didn't get. :P

I know directors nowadays are stricter on movie lenghts, but I honestly would have preferred a 3-hour LoTR style movie which would keep me entertained to a 2 hour 20 minute movie leaving me unsatisfied.

Thoughts? :P

Zhester: *You're :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:49 am 
Captain
Captain

Guys the Co-Dirrector of the movie wrote the books :lol:

Most likely wanted to change some of the parts idk

I liked the movie :P. Didnt untill I read that fact :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next