It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: What colour of eyes do you have?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:58 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

if u're going eyes color for post color I'll use this

and diaz, true, I know that ur threads are not asking for flame war or discrimination and it's just pure curiousity. However, some people will feel unconfortable, if not insulted, by that thread.

Sexuality, race, religion and goverment system has long been avoided being discussed. Even if u started the thread with friendly intention, there will still be a big chance of flaming and ppl being insulted.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:01 pm 
Captain
Captain

Quote:
However, some people will feel unconfortable, if not insulted, by that thread.

I'd like to argue that those people are the people who have racist thoughts. People who don't have a problem with it simply don't have a problem with it. Those who kick up a huge fuss... Well, it certainly looks to me like they do have some sort of problem with the subject.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:10 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

yup, but we can't block racists to go into that thread and post, can we?

My point is, even if u made it with friendly intentions, and everyone is being nice and friendly too. Suddenly, there is a random guy dropped in and posted insulting posts about someone being black, or gay, then it'll turn bad.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:16 pm 
Captain
Captain

Yes aister that could happen. And that's the risk the battledawn team take when running a forum. That's the risk we have to take when we participate in that forum. People can be offensive at any time they want.

People need to stop letting those people restrict what we feel we can talk about. I think it's sad that people such as jake and apollo automatically come to the conclusion that I'm doing something wrong when I bring up the subject of race.

I also think it's sad that people like Jake feel like they can say certain things to straight people, but not to people of other sexual preference. (Yes, he admitted that and I'll quote him if you like). I think it's sad that they feel knowing peoples race/sexual preference creates gaps and seperates the community.

Last edited by Diazepam on Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:18 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Excuse me, but Jack?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:19 pm 
Captain
Captain

dylsupreme1 wrote:
Excuse me, but Jack?

Fixed :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:22 pm 
Major
Major

Diaz, I really don't want to fight you over this lol, all you are doing is escalating the situation so I am going to be the mature one and just drop it. Good day sir.

In conclusion my point was that we try to avoid certain topics that could turn a certain way, and if you take a look at you're threads ask yourself has anything good come from it?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:26 pm 
Captain
Captain

Jake wrote:
Diaz, I really don't want to fight you over this lol, all you are doing is escalating the situation so I am going to be the mature one and just drop it. Good day sir.

In conclusion my point was that we try to avoid certain topics that could turn a certain way, and if you take a look at you're threads ask yourself has anything good come from it?

Jake is mature!! Dyls! Jake know will learn that that thingy your making him touch is well....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:28 pm 
Captain
Captain

Quote:

You misleading yourself with your own conclusion. Why don't you take a look at my threads, and ask yourself WHY nothing good came from them? I think you'll find that if you had simlpy answered or ignored my question, there would have been no arguments.

On the other hand, there is alot of activity tonight. And don't pretend you haven't felt at least alittle bit of excitement when discussing this. Therefor this has really been a success.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:30 pm 
Major
Major

So how about them eye colors? :P

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next