It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: A story of inspiration and emotions.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:03 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Only thing is...will our members be mature enough to hand out bans only when deserved as well as respect bans handed out? And will mods be willing to step in if someone ignores a ban and/or hands out unfair bans?

Go talk to Routh about it. And seth.

No matter how long I have been gone, my heart will lead me back here.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:14 am 
Captain
Captain

tellerofpointedstones wrote:
John, spam is named spam because we are special. Other forums call it forum games. Because that is what it is. Forum games. Nothing special. But they also dont have random crap floating around it because there are rules there. Hard rules.

And what are we complaining about here? The randomc rap that's floating around. Yeah, exactly...

But what makes this forum special? What sets us apart from other forums? Its the spirit. The community. How things are done here. RP is an element that makes spam spam. Spam dosen't mean you randomly post things here you know...

The community of about 10 posters. The roleplay element, which makes spam roleplay... You suggest an unwritten rule... I've already explained why I don't think that will work. But instead of you replying directly to my explination, you just repeat your opinion again.

Spam means that this is a place where you can have fun. Where you can relax in between ticks. When all past rivalries in the game end. Spirit is what makes spam. and RP is essential to that spirit. You wouldn't know it but back when RP was part of spam, we were active and we were plenty.

Yes I would know it. I've been here a long time. Not with this account though.

And I'll leave that for you to consider.

If you're going to reply to what I've said... can you please actualy reply to the points i've made? Instead of just repeating your popular opinion and hoping it will shut me up.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:20 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Diazepam wrote:
Again I must point out. Why is this place called spam, when you want it to be roleplay? (I'll be posting more details of my opinion. So please don't quote my first line and answer it as if that's all I said.)

Spam has always been RP spam. That is why we are spam and not some insignificant crap.

That's all well and good to keep it fun and interesting for your little group of "spammers" who are in the cool club and all like the same thing. But what happens when a new players takes a look at this section of the forums? FIrst thing he notices is everyone is speaking in roleplay. No offense, but most likely that new player isn't really into roleplay posting. Most people aren't.

RP will be intergrated into post so well that any newcommer will assume that is the norm and they will fit in easily.

One problem I see with these forums is one I see in alot of forums. It's the whole cool club mentality. And before you tell me that I'm only saying this because I don't fit in... Why should anyone feel like they don't fit in? I guarentee you that will be the feeling of new people who come here and find out everyone has an unwritten rule about all posts having an essence of roleplay in it.

You weren't around back then so you wouldnt know what I mean by RP. I dont mean 9 paragraph post depicting actions from midnight to noon. Its jsut a little role-playing here and there. THere is a reason why our spam gods were kittehs. And ponk was a cow-copter. And we made out gods kittehs before they became memes btw.

points answered? If not, rephrase em and repost em.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:22 am 
Captain
Captain

Quote:
You weren't around back then so you wouldnt know what I mean by RP

Yes I was.

Quote:

I was refering to the points I made in the post before. Not my most recent reply.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:24 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Diazepam wrote:
Quote:
You weren't around back then so you wouldnt know what I mean by RP

Yes I was.

Im talking about the new NC forums. Not the OC one.

Quote:

I was refering to the points I made in the post before. Not my most recent reply.

Im waiting for the points...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:25 am 
Captain
Captain

Diazepam wrote:
Again I must point out. Why is this place called spam, when you want it to be roleplay? (I'll be posting more details of my opinion. So please don't quote my first line and answer it as if that's all I said.)

That's all well and good to keep it fun and interesting for your little group of "spammers" who are in the cool club and all like the same thing. But what happens when a new players takes a look at this section of the forums? FIrst thing he notices is everyone is speaking in roleplay. No offense, but most likely that new player isn't really into roleplay posting. Most people aren't.

One problem I see with these forums is one I see in alot of forums. It's the whole cool club mentality. And before you tell me that I'm only saying this because I don't fit in... Why should anyone feel like they don't fit in? I guarentee you that will be the feeling of new people who come here and find out everyone has an unwritten rule about all posts having an essence of roleplay in it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:28 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Diazepam wrote:

Spam has always been RP spam. That is why we are spam and not some insignificant crap.

RP will be intergrated into post so well that any newcommer will assume that is the norm and they will fit in easily.

You weren't around back then so you wouldnt know what I mean by RP. I dont mean 9 paragraph post depicting actions from midnight to noon. Its jsut a little role-playing here and there. THere is a reason why our spam gods were kittehs. And ponk was a cow-copter. And we made out gods kittehs before they became memes btw.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:31 am 
Captain
Captain

Quote:

Nope. And no, I won't. It's not worth the effort because you are incapable of seeing things from anyone's point of view but your own.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:34 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

your quoted post was the post which I answered to. If you are not satisfied with the result, repost your questions in a better way for me to answer. If not. Im requesting that you leave this thread and seriously consider leaving spam altogether.

If you dont want to make something better, just dont make it worse.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:38 am 
Captain
Captain

Im requesting that you leave this thread and seriously consider leaving spam altogether.

Ok. Good luck on reviving this section and bringing more posters to it. [sarcasm]I can see that is something you are already good at.[/sarcasm]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next