It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: The Luster of BD...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:44 am 
Private
Private

Maybe it is just me, but i feel that the luster of BD is gone. everyone used to know eachother, in game and forums. I would pull all nighters to stay on BD. Now i try and find reasons not to log on. I no longer feel the closeness that I did a year ago. No, this is not another new client attack thread. I rather like it. But BD has lost its once brilliant luster, the pull which draws me online for days at a time just to move those 20 squads, is now gone, and I could care less if my units die. I am in teh #1 alliance on earth4. U'd think i would want to log on more, and maintain my rank? But I am hesitant to log on now. I was sitting at my computer for 14 hours, and I logged on BD one time. Albeit, I was/am writing my fanfic, but still... The shine that BD had to it is gone. No, I am not retiring(yet?). But I want to know, are there others out there, that feel the same about BD as I do?

Post subject: Re: The Luster of BD...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:50 am 
Private
Private

I completely agree with you bro... :(

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:35 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

i won't say i don't do all nighters since i pritty much did today with a few hours sleep, but i actualy know what ur taking about but still kinda not.
i'm in HKF a ranked.. ok i can't even remember it, but it shuld be top 5, reason i don't remember is i don't log on much, it's one of my most inactive colonys ever, but the wierd thing is that i often do that with top alliances cus it's more talk then action and i don't have much contact with leader over msn about it with him and the other members. what do i blame this on?
24 member cap, cuz to me the comunity was the best thing, now with 24 members u won't know all if u even know half of them and getting a gorup convo was hard enough with 12 members, now with 24 it's imposible!

i look at msn as one of the best tools to keep in contact and to plan with or just talk, but when it don't get used u don't have the same conection to the game because u don't comunicate, it was the great plans that was on the brink of insanity then worked who was the most fun!

u want to hear the weird part?
i'm more active on e4 where i lead a alliance rank 40 then e3 because something is happening there, i talk to atleast a few of my members some hours a day, but as u say it's not the same, my explonation is 24 members, i'm sure everyone will have their own reason

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:02 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Haha, thought it was just me being bored. I never used to pull all-nighters on the old client, but I did play 12 hours a day, and stayed on just to watch my squads take over 3 hours to move to a gate so I could go on with whatever mission I had. On here, I too am trying my best not to log in, I don't know why, but I only log into my old client world without hesitation.

It's strange because I love the new client over the old one. The old one still gives me much fustration with lag etc, and the new client just plays so seamlessly...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:42 am 
Major
Major

Apollo is right. The luster is gone. I really love this game, I've been playing it for 1 1/2 half years but seriously I just freaking love it. 6 months ago, I loved playing this game, I had a crapload of of friends as well. But they all are quitting, I don't know why I haven't yet. 6 months ago I used to log in every 4 ticks. Now, I log in every 10-20 ticks. I'm just not bothered enough to log on anymore.

Also all of the good players are leaving and more new players are coming in making it even more crowded with new guys.

So...I just don't know what to do anymore.

Zhester: *You're :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:13 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Apollo go on MSN please :)

I don't want it
You're always online
Marc says:
i do sleep
[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
LIES

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:25 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

might be that alot quit, it's a sad but true fact =/
but i had alot of people quit before this, but wassen't the same thing as now..

Thank you Michael
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:02 pm 
Major
Major

I just don't want to quit. I just don't know why. And you know when the E7 server was stuck on the old server, I thought BD was finished and when I deleted my account it actually hurt. I'm not trying to be all mushy or anything but still, it hurt.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:19 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

i knew what happened with e7 and was hapy that it was over and we still got the relic, but yeah, i can see why!
have been playing bd longer then i have played my gf(jk), been playing longer then i've been with her, it's a awsome game with so many awsome players!
but i see little to nothing to most of the 100-150 people i got on my msn from bd, but when i see people like orbit or cass come on it remind me of all the great times i have had in bd, and i don't want to lose that game!

Thank you Michael
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:23 pm 
Major
Major

Yeah, so true. I had loads of friends in alliances. Like on the beginning of E6, The BFL alliances. We were at the top of the table until we fell. Now that I see, every single friend/member in that alliance...QUIT BD. I mean come on all my closest friends are leaving and I had great times with them. I still have one really close friend whos alliance isn't very good. But being one of my closest friends on BD, I'll stick with him wherever he goes.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next