It is currently Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.

Post subject: Transcription Service
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:44 am 
Private
Private

Transcription service is the business that converts speech (either live or recorded) into a written or electronic text document. Sometimes transcription services are provided for business, legal, or medical purposes. The most common type of transcription is from a spoken-language source into text such as a computer file suitable for printing as a document such as a report. Common examples are the proceedings of a court hearing such as a criminal trial (by a court reporter) or a physician's recorded voice notes (medical transcription). Some transcription businesses can send staff to events, speeches, or seminars, who then convert the spoken content into text. Some companies also accept recorded speech, either on cassette, CD, VHS, or as sound files. For a transcription service, various individuals and organisations have different rates and methods of pricing. That can be per line, per word, per minute, or per hour, which differs from individual to individual and industry to industry. Transcription companies primarily serve private law firms, local, state and federal government agencies and courts, trade associations, meeting planners and nonprofits. Please click here for legal transcription service.
Thanks a lot.

Last edited by mfh647 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: There is no Accountability for Game Developers
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:30 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Quote:
Now its even worse with the new crime.. Crowd funding.

Quote:
What happened to Developers who are in it to make a solid game along with making money.

Now as a game developer myself I actually have quite a bit to say about this topic.

Now to a point I do have to agree with you about the early access to a game, but I say to a point. Sometimes it is necessary to do that sort of thing. For example, some people have taken advantage of the system, games like "The Stomping Grounds" for example was just that, a pretty much demo that the developers sold as a Early Access on Steam and they just ran with the money. Now on the other side of things, games like "Rust" or to a certain degree with this one "DayZ" or even "Ark" are good games that certainly do require extra work to be completed. Now this system isn't perfect and I think a lot of people out there realize this, but there are some people that still get upset even with warnings saying that the game isn't complete and that there may be bugs. Now saying that I don't think that it's fair to say that the whole Early Access thing is awful, because it isn't. It's just taken advantage of, which is honestly our human nature.

But this brings me to the other point with crowd funding. Now I realize you're entitled to your own opinion and this is only my opinion. I don't agree with yours and you probably don't agree with mine. I'm just saying this before I state anything else. Now services like KickStarter and IndieGoGo are really good "services" and "programs". I think saying it's a crime is not being just to what they actually give and provide to these new creators, it's downright being unreasonable. Let's look at a certain crowd funded item that was involved with games: The Oculus Rift. Now before anyone says anything, yes I own an Oculus Rift and yes I backed them on KickStarter. The fact that you say that the people backing up these things have limited knowledge is true, no doubt, but you're stating it as though those people are making some sort of bad choice or don't have the mental capacity to understand that they're "wasting their money on some game or good that won't be as good as they said".
The company that I work with use KickStarter to get our current project funded, mainly because we are a small company of only twenty six current developers. Now these crowd funding services are great for people like us that don't have the capital to actually make these things happen. I've backed quite a few projects on KickStarter and IndieGoGo both and sometimes they don't pan out, but I don't see how you can really call it a crime. It just doesn't make sense. And how you say, "Hey give me your money and in a few years when we go live you can play it." you make it sound like the developers don't care. The crowd funding process is rough to start out with, I'm assuming that you haven't really investigated it properly, so they way you state it people use it for scams. That's not the case. Sometimes projects don't pan out and that's unfortunate when it happens, but I keep saying this, just because they're a few failures doesn't mean the whole system is the worst thing ever or the term you used, "crime".

Now you say, "In the current market its been proven that you don't have to make a good game to get paid." I agree with you, but that doesn't mean every single product or game out there trying these methods are just some sort of cash grab. It sucks that that is happening to the gaming market, but honestly every single other market has these happening with them too. And this market is very different and diverse as well. Now I'm not going to touch on this point too much because I'm sure I'll start a fight or something, but a bad game to you might not be a bad game to someone else. And saying that a certain game is the worst, isn't true. It's just that way to you, and as a game developer myself, if someone told me that my game sucked I'd say, "That's too bad, but I'm not making you play my game." I guess my whole point with this is that I'm trying to get you to see that a bad game to you might be a good game to someone else, and too say it's too bad to be paid for isn't exactly credible.

Now your last point about what happened to the developers who want to make a solid game along with making money. Now with you making that kind of question, I personally don't think you can ask that question. If you can literally sit there and see everything good that's happening to gaming, and it's booming industry and all the passion and life and soul that all developers put into their games, whether it's a cash grab or no, than you can't ask a question like that. Now I'm very passionate about this and forgive me if I get carried away and let my emotions get the best of me. To make a game, even with the intention of making a cash grab, making a game takes your heart, your soul and you as a person. I make this sound like a big deal and I'm not wrong, ask any person that has made a game and they'll tell you the same thing I promise. By asking that question, that seriously means that you have no faith in developers and games anymore, and for that I fell sorry for you. Truly I do.

Anyway, that's only my opinion. You may have your own, but I have mine. So there you go. Rant over.

Sizzle on bros!

Post subject: Re: There is no Accountability for Game Developers
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:34 pm 
Maintenance & PR Team
Maintenance & PR Team

Damn