It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Farewell BattleDawn
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:13 pm 
Captain
Captain

As many of you may have noticed but as of the last few months I have been pulling out of eras. I have stopped playing seriously, due to myself being inactive. Now is time to say what has been coming for a while. I will be leaving BattleDawn. Hopefully I will return someday but for now I must say goodbye. Between waterpolo, preparing to tour in China, and working out to apply to west point next year I have no time for this game. I just want to thank a few people.

Two Face- I know you are not playing currently and have stopped since your GF got pregnant but I want to thank you in case you ever return. Thank you for taking a newb like me in and teaching me the ropes of the game. I met you when you lead NWL on M2 and I lead M2F. Although happenstance dictated that we ended up on opposite sides that era. It was a fun era. It was how BattleDawn should be and how I hope BattleDawn will become again. It was a friendly war. There was no slandering or complaining between M2F or NWL throughout the entire war. Even though we lost I had a blast. Thankyou for taking me into NWL in future eras. I learned much from you. Had I never met you, I have no doubt that I would never have won a single era let alone 3.

kennywallace- Thank you for taking me in on the first era I ever played. We had our differences but you were a great leader. You listened and above all other things that is what I appreciate.

Shadow- You may not be the best player in the game but you are loyal to your friends. Every era I play with you I enjoy. You are truly a selfless player. I'm sorry for any time I may have failed you.

kentaro of 420- When I first met you I felt that you were an entire newb. But in the one era I played with you I came to admire you. I know that by listening to some of my ideas you broke off from the ideals of a few members of 420 but I just want to thankyou for taking me in that era.

Essence of the Nightbringer- Carl, you were the brains behind SHE. There is nothing else to be said there. You are one of my favorite players to play with. You are brilliant and not afraid to speak up. If a leader makes a mistake you are vocal no matter what the consequences are. Your awesome bro.

Darkgambit- In the last M4 era you were the only person who truly trusted me in AL. For that you have my undying gratitude and admiration. I will miss our tetris battles bro.

Ponk- for adopting me as your newb, even if we never really ended up doing anything.

Admin Andrew~ My first era was with you, my first win was with you. You were a great admin. Simmens you have big shoes to fill.

tenkai- thankyou for filling my days in the BattleDawn forums, breif as they were with lots of posts. I guess we cant set up anymore spam couples until I get back.

Alpha fo being a terrible freind and an excellent backstabber. Thankyou for reminding me what is most important in BattleDawn and eliminating my win at any cost philosophy

Rob- dude keep on playing, Im sorry I couldnt stay the entire era but keep on playing you have potential.

Simmens- for answering my questions. Gl in your admin career you have big shoes to fill but I think your up to the job. Since you do seem to beat me at everything. Tho I will never forgive you for deleting my conquer -_-
These are all the thanks I have time to right at the moment. I will add and post more as I get the time. I will never truly leave BD. I will try and check in on the forums every once in awhile.

Chronologic- hopefully you learned a lesson from M2. No matter how much money you spend you cannot buy an era. I hope you learn not to treat your fellow alliance members and the rest of the players on any world you play in like dirt. It will come back and bite you again and again. You truly will never be a great player if you act as you have.

teller- Thank you for trying to get me into the Maintenance team. I guess I just wasn't good enough :D my lack of skype prohibited me from ever getting my application accepted I guess. However I will always remain the vigilante moderator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKqTjVqilnY

Ferr3t- never really played with you besides that one M2 era with NWL v M2F but your a good player, don't quit this.

Michael- Your a good player but your reputation has been ruined with me. No matter how good I used to think you are., whenever I think of you now all that I remember now is you getting your friends to build farms for you. However I admire your dedication and love of BattleDawn and I hope that you eventually understand the error of your ways and end it.

Wind v SYN M4 era- I just want to apologize to everyone in this era. I failed you guys. This is the one true failure of mine that I regret in BD. I went into this era thinking that it would be a great one. That I had numerous friends on both sides and that the era would be a fun and friendly one. How wrong I was. After I left the era was filled with slandering and harsh words. I am disappointed in everyone in WIND and SYN. Those that participated in the hostility between the two alliances and those like me who failed to stop it.

I really want to troll on several others right now but I don't want to leave BD in that way so I guess Alpha and Chronologic will be the only two I rant on today. So I guess the rest lucked out.

For those of you I have offended with my short temper and strong vocalness. I won't apologize because if I ever said something then there is probably some reason I had in saying it.

I just have one thing to ask of you all before I go. When you play your next era and all the eras after. Try, just try, to keep it clean and friendly. BattleDawn was made to be a way to connect people of all ages and ethnicities, from all across the globe, in fun. Where else can you find a 38 year old ex-marine playing with a 12 year old columbian boy who's also playing with an 19 year old college student, who's playing with a 16 year old from the UAE? I sure as hell haven't found it. Just keep your wars friendly don't accuse others of cheating, even if they are. You can control noone but yourself. Making friends will make the BattleDawn experience so much better and more enjoyable for everyone. That is why the NWL v M2F era is my favorite era, even if we did lose. We lost graciously and NWL won graciously.

Farewell everyone!

LAST EDITED: 7/8/11

Last edited by GerberBaby1 on Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Farewell BattleDawn
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:43 pm 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

Good luck with what ever you end up doing, I hope to see you back soon.

Most Crystals: 121
Highest Power: 212

Sensual bath time feat. Ferr3t
Spoiler:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:13 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

goodbye my watertiger friend :cry: bring me back something from china lol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:55 am 
Captain
Captain

Goodbye. Good luck in future.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:33 am 
Captain
Captain

Tenkai wrote:

a mudkip? :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:01 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

GerberBaby1 wrote:
Tenkai wrote:

a mudkip? :D

one mudkip to troll the counting thread is enough.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:03 am 
Captain
Captain

Im sure w!ll will agree with me herem but you can never have too many mudkips

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:41 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

I haz a mudkips! You can have it as a departing gift from me :cry:

Most Crystals: 121
Highest Power: 212

Sensual bath time feat. Ferr3t
Spoiler:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:43 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

So...another departure. Wait a min...you forgot me :(

Well, good luck in life and hope you return soon.

No matter how long I have been gone, my heart will lead me back here.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:42 pm 
Captain
Captain

tellerofpointedstones wrote:
So...another departure. Wait a min...you forgot me :(

Well, good luck in life and hope you return soon.

I'll get you soon. I have a long list coming. Already added another 12 names or so since my first post. Just don't have time to thank everyone just yet.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next