It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mac vs PC
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:19 pm 
Captain
Captain

Go on the apple website.
Find the mac computer you want.
Look at the price.
Find a PC with the same specs, except cheaper.
Buy all of your components individually for even cheaper.
Build it yourself.
Choose any OS you want. A mac OS if that's what you were after in the first place.

Result? You got the same computer you wanted. Probably a better one. For less money.

What's that you say? "OH NO ITS NOT WHITE AND HIPSTER ENOUGH FOR ME"? Well then. You don't deserve to be on the same internetz as me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:59 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

lifenstuff wrote:
@aister which is my point...thus pc is better than mac because of that one fact ;)

Minecraft, NFS, C&C, Halo, CoD4 all can be run on mac. Even Civilisation V and Mass effect 2, Bioshock, L4D2, Borderlands, Fallout 3 can be run on mac. Problem?

Diazepam wrote:
Go on the apple website.
Look at the price.
Build it yourself.
Choose any OS you want. A mac OS if that's what you were after in the first place.

Result? You got the same computer you wanted. Probably a better one. For less money.

What's that you say? "OH NO ITS NOT WHITE AND HIPSTER ENOUGH FOR ME"? Well then. You don't deserve to be on the same internetz as me.

The problem I have isnt against hardware. Like I said, my smexy white samsung gets the job done as fast as my mac. I just hate windows. So I got OS X on that as well.

No matter how long I have been gone, my heart will lead me back here.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:09 am 
Captain
Captain

tellerofpointedstones wrote:
lifenstuff wrote:
@aister which is my point...thus pc is better than mac because of that one fact ;)

Minecraft, NFS, C&C, Halo, CoD4 all can be run on mac. Even Civilisation V and Mass effect 2, Bioshock, L4D2, Borderlands, Fallout 3 can be run on mac. Problem?

Diazepam wrote:
Go on the apple website.
Look at the price.
Build it yourself.

The problem I have isnt against hardware. Like I said, my smexy white samsung gets the job done as fast as my mac. I just hate windows. So I got OS X on that as well.

So you agree that there is no point in paying extra money for someone which has the same hardware, just because "its a mac" ?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:32 am 
Private
Private

I currently have a mac, and I love it. But I would prefer a PC on some occasions. Star Wars The Old Republic is releasing soon, and it isn't compatible for macs, which is disapointing. But I like the mac operating system and how it runs better than PCs.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:01 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

My argument is with windows. Not Non-apple HARDWARE. Hardware be the same. So long its light and it looks good. Software is everything.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:12 am 
Captain
Captain

Quote:
But I like the mac operating system and how it runs better than PCs.

Explain?

Quote:
So long its light and it looks good. Software is everything.

If all you want to do involved facebook, twitter, battledawn etc. Then yeah hardware doesn't matter so much. But you can buy something cheap to do the same job and put a mac OS on it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:15 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Diazepam wrote:
tellerofpointedstones wrote:
lifenstuff wrote:

Diazepam wrote:
Go on the apple website.
Look at the price.
Build it yourself.

So you agree that there is no point in paying extra money for someone which has the same hardware, just because "its a mac" ?

Look at the games I can run. Some more not mentioned. And not to mention image editing. And torrents all work on OS.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:04 am 
Captain
Captain

Quote:
Look at the games I can run. Some more not mentioned. And not to mention image editing. And torrents all work on OS.

Yes. I don't dissagree that you can run games. And that image editing and torrents work on operating systems... I do however fail to see how this is relevant.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:25 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

This debate is pointless. You see, there is a pecking order for technology, which goes like this:

1- Tech VD doesnt have nor wants
2- Tech VD doesnt have but would like to get
3- Tech VD has
4- Tech VD has and says its the best

I say the PC is the best. Now enough of this! :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:19 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

In short, You're a douche. kthxbai

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next