It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Fare Well Friends
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:37 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Ive been playing this Game going on 3 yr's now & i have to say i love BattleDawn , I have some decent acheivements , and reached rank 20 or better several times , and kicked some tail along the way , i would be lying to say there is *No strategy involved* , However , Ive noticed that the same ppl are always actually winning round after round after ROUND !! these winner's tokens always goes to the same group's of ppl. .

*****The problem is *(in my humble opinion )* it takes way to long to build up an army , its very expencive in resource's , and usually by the time you get all structures built , these certain ppl. have conquered everything , and with the investment of donating *and the conquered tax's , they are uncatchable & unreachable in term's of *power & XP points * no matter how skilled you are , unless you spend alot of cash or credit you will never come close to winning *period*.*****

I would like to see a *CAP* atleast on the number of squad's or units available and exp. points , made . this way ppl. would have to lean towords using more strategy to keep winning round's , and make it easier and more fun for everyone in general becouse getting to the top would not be an unreachable goal if the player is a good strategic player .

Not saying the top players arent strategic , just god like powerfull in this game and unbeatable becouse of donating , more than skill's.

This game is great and fun to play , ive been addicted for 3 yrs now , but ive come to relise i will never win , ever , unless i find an exp. group of players and we are all willing to invest several hundred if not a thousand cash on the game , there fore , ive simply lost interest , every team ive been apart of fell apart becouse we were never able even with investing a tiny sum , to defend against these * God like powerfull player's * ,

I know you guy's need money , im not bashing donater's , im one myself , but a cap on the number of units made , would even up the odd's for everyone and force more strategic playing into the game .

I know this will not get good feedback so im like i said im finished playing this wonderfull game ,Throwing in the towel. i will prolly check back from time to time , becouse i will miss playing very much , ive made alot of friends here ,
thanks Guy's good playing with you .

Best Regard's
Sincerely
RunnerChase

Post subject: Re: Fare Well Friends
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 4:43 am 
Captain
Captain

blaming losing on boosters is not right. Their are plenty of alliances that don't boost and win the rounds. If you want to win a round then make friends with someone in an alliance , and tell them to give you a chance next round. There is no need to boost to win if you don't feel like it. i have won 2 rounds without boosting 1 red.

So get out there and make some good contacts! Activity is by far more favorable in top alliances than boosting.

best round-SAGE E2 -312 power
most conquers at one point-122

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 4:56 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

trevor1601 wrote:
blaming losing on boosters is not right. Their are plenty of alliances that don't boost and win the rounds. If you want to win a round then make friends with someone in an alliance , and tell them to give you a chance next round. There is no need to boost to win if you don't feel like it. i have won 2 rounds without boosting 1 red.

So get out there and make some good contacts! Activity is by far more favorable in top alliances than boosting.
^^

Most Crystals: 121
Highest Power: 212

Sensual bath time feat. Ferr3t
Spoiler:

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:21 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Yes, boosting is helpful but not required to win

TCA#1
M#1
Proud member of NR WIND and TFF
"I stopped working for drugs when they stopped working for me."

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:25 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Location: Look behind you. Theres a shadow. Look at where it is. It isnt me
ahhh this reminds me of something...

" A Guide To Absolute Victory"
By 2457

This guide will help anyone, regardels of the experience to win a battledawn seerver, even without an alliance.

It is very important to read and understand the key elements of this guide to ensure the recepie works.

The first thing You should do is join a world.
It does not mather if the world is a new one or is allready running.
From Your perspective it makes no difference.
You do not need too many ticks to win all by Your self.

The fundamental element of the game is to be able to take the relics.
The rest is not important.

The unit type used is allso based on Your preference, no real need to spend Your time with playing with the simulator to find good unit setups.

Spy actions are allso absolute waste of time, there is no need to know what Your proposed enemy has.

Many veterans may disagree with the above, but let us continue to Your first steps showing the world what a brilliant player You are.

Right after You enter the game, you should click BOOST button.
Then, click the PURCHASE TOKENS button.
Choose Your type of finance option, and pay as mutch as You can.

From then on, You can use the numerous boosts available,
such as gold / wood boosts.
The amount may seem to be low, but for those pesky ones who registered to a FREE game and therefore did not purchase bonus tokens the same amount of resources will take around 12 ticks to obtain.

Be sure to absolutely purchase every possible BOOST, as this will give You the edge to win regardless of Your oponent's strategy.

The most fundamental mistake people make when registering to battledown is to think its a free game. It is FREE TO PLAY, not free to enjoy.

The next mistake most people make is to think that this is a tactical/strategy game. Your goal is not to play with tactics.
The size of Your wallet determens Your ability to win, and nothing else.

Here are some figures.
If You are a noob and do not have cash to get tokens, even with a fully built castle you shall not make 100 gold in a tick, as a startup.
Any experienced and talented player with tactics (that is a deep wallet) will have right on the verry first tick:
3000 gold as the small gold boost
least 5-6000 as the heavy boost
and 5000 gold as emergency boost.

Given these fgures one can right at the very first tick playd get a strategic advantage over others with starting funds of what would take around 130 ticks.
The same ratio is presented for other resources.

From this point Your duty is to make sure You spend a lot on tokens, take all boosts available, and keep Your self defended and go for the relics as soon as possible.

You will have income matching f around 100 players, givent he fct that an alliance can have 12 members it is reasonable to say that around top 10 alliance would have to fight against you to win.
That will not happen.

so here is it, the key is Your strategy to become the ultimate battledawn.
Cash = units.

Actualy there are other games in this world that are FREE TO PLAY,
and there are bonuses available for them.
Key difference is, that bonuses do not give this mutch "strategic" advantage.

For those who are disappointed, and try to play the game as best as they can but allwas end up counqered:
not your fault.
You just did not have enough cash, thats all.

Play a nother game, that has reasonable bonuses.
And do not thing ketting counqered is "not" a problem in battledawn.

It is, You can not get counqers, You can not get additonal income that way.
So even if at one point You can break free, You have a major disadvantage that will insure that You can not achieve anything at all.
Best you can be is a puppet of those who pay for tokens.

Just follow my guide, and you WILL be a battledawn.
Do not pay for tokens, and You will be counqered, and regardles of Your actions You are gong to stay like that, or even if You break free You will not be able to achieve anything at all.

Sorry, this just reminded me of it. but no, you dont have to boost to win.
saskue55 wrote:
Yes, boosting is helpful but not required to win

true, but it depends who else is boosting.

Retired player, trying to come back again.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:27 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

Boosting cannot support large armies, you need skill for that. Boosting may provide a short term bonus but it's impossible to win the era on it.

Most Crystals: 121
Highest Power: 212

Sensual bath time feat. Ferr3t
Spoiler:

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:36 am 
Captain
Captain

Yes Boosting gives u an edge on your competition, I won't deny that. However it is possible to defeat boosters through tactics and strategy. For instanvce Chronologic on M2 boosted over 22k tokens in one era. He was a ttal jerk to everyone even those in his alliance. It came back to haunt him a few elite in his aliance left and killed the entire alliance and those three players had a high enough score to form the rank 1 alliance after they left.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]