It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Who is the best Player and alliance to ever play BD?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:44 am 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

bigkev22 wrote:
Sky & Abel
best alliances ever ;)

Unky & Soldierz of Fortune- Best player ever!

No, not at all.

Sky was good, but not even worth of the list. Their power lies in Unky, simple as that.

Abel never even heard of so I doubt that one's worth it...

Unky is most active but certainly not most skilled, depends how you judge who's the best but i'd say the best player would be the player who would win if everyone would get equal resources and conquering would be turned off.

Soldierz of Fortune? Are you serious? Is this a joke? Is there a hidden camera?

gino948 wrote:
is it just in Earth servers?
DETH and JIV are good alliances too. but i vote for my own team ARM

best player: Renee

First two aren't even that good, they are pretty much mediocre. ARM is good but once again, not the best.

Renee is a good player, I find her to have a great character and always respected her. Great asset, but not that good of a player by herself. Personally I had her in my top 10 before until I heard stories of her losing a few wars against players who I deemed around her level if not lower.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:37 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Quote:
best player would be the player who would win if everyone would get equal resources and conquering would be turned off.

So that would be the player that hides in the least populated area and does not attack any one. Stacks army until everybody else weakens one another. Not much skill in being a turtle.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:28 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

Anarchist69x wrote:
Quote:
best player would be the player who would win if everyone would get equal resources and conquering would be turned off.

So that would be the player that hides in the least populated area and does not attack any one. Stacks army until everybody else weakens one another. Not much skill in being a turtle.

Agreed.

Whoever can win multiple rounds, without donating(or his allaince), truly is the best player.

Total amount of crystals/relics obtained 2500~/11

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:05 am 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

rederoin wrote:
Anarchist69x wrote:
Quote:

Agreed.

Whoever can win multiple rounds, without donating(or his allaince), truly is the best player.

Nonsense, that'd mean having the most conquers or simply no competition would make you a great player.

Anarchy, what I am talking about is war tactics. 100 can kill 1000 units if you use them well ;)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:02 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Hero wrote:
Hate to disagree with ya Kane but back in the day I think the alliances were better.

Alliances like TdCt, NANC/BYZ I beleive were more fun and had more skill than alliances now. (Not saying alliances now don't have skill I just don't think they have as much as they use to) The old maps were harder to move from one side to the other, which is why they required more skill and alot more activity and teamwork.

As for players I'd have to say Unky, Niracas or Kane.

I dont quite understand this question of "Skill". Personally I tend to think of BD as a team game. When a team is active, coordinated, works for each other, and coupled with knowledge about ingame mechanics - Id say thats a skilled alliance. There could be allies and hostilities that can affect the game too, but as a rule I consider an alliance skilled when they are active, coordinated and work as a team. I havent played the OC, so cant speak for it, but over here Ive seen many good alliances - cant really pick one over the other.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:22 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Clearly, but being aggressive like any normal round will only weaken your chances of staying alive. Only valid opportunity to win would be is to wait and let everybody kill each other off or weaken one another.

If you plan on attacking right off the gate your income is same as everybody so you're down soldiers and most likely someone has a chassis build that aces yours so eventually you're going to die if you're at all aggressive. Only way is to turtle until everybody has died.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:18 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

Anarchist69x wrote:
Clearly, but being aggressive like any normal round will only weaken your chances of staying alive. Only valid opportunity to win would be is to wait and let everybody kill each other off or weaken one another.

If you plan on attacking right off the gate your income is same as everybody so you're down soldiers and most likely someone has a chassis build that aces yours so eventually you're going to die if you're at all aggressive. Only way is to turtle until everybody has died.

Experience, Crystals.

Enough said.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:34 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

With Sky I aimed to have an alliance full of friends who were just playing to enjoy the round and that's what I achieved. It was my favorite round but certainly not a contender for the strongest alliance on Bd.

For strongest alliance I don't know, I'll be old school and say BYZ/OL were pretty fun. For player I'd say Unky (not that that's player, not leader)

I will point out that Unky is not Sky, and Sky is not Unky. He was not the most essential player of the alliance by far, simply the one with the largest conquer pool and army (usually)

The players Sky couldn't have functioned as it did without were Sascha, Fliesl and Garry. But anyway, no, I don't think Sky belongs on this list.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:03 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

whos this unky dude and dose he play ?? still

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:27 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Experience, Crystals.

Enough said.

No point having crystals if everyone has same income entire round like you said. Experience for sure would be essential. But again, being aggressive at all would just weaken your chance at winning since conquers/crystals provide no revenue bonus. This would prove nothing of who is the best player in the server by any means.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next