It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Updates - June 29th
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:37 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

i dont even think that is true.. i think you can get as many as you want.. cause of conquers. but the base growth is 40.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:40 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Are any of the changes retroactive?

Will colonies currently in rebellion with less than 72 ticks still be in rebellion?
Will colonies that left protection early get any of those workers or energy?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:41 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Long Live the Admin and his great changes.

-KA

UG Command

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:54 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

I know you guys are trying to improve the game, but... like changing game dynamics so drastically MID-GAME makes it like impossible to plan. I mean some of these changes mean that defensive strategies have to be completely reworked and the same goes for offensive strategies.

-This hurts people with lots of outposts.
-It hurts alliances that have not pursued crystals as much due to their low tangible value.
-It hurts people who have already built all or most of their structures (especially lvl 1-3 structures)
-It hurts people who were planning to build one of the upgraded outposts
-It hurts people who aren't defending their upgraded outposts well, beacuse they were cheap and their wasnt a delay on the upgrade taking effect

Sure the changes are all good and will help balance the game. BUT COULD YOU PLEASE GIVE SOME WARNING OR NOT PUT THEM INTO A GAME THAT IS ALREADY RUNNING. Changing major rules of a game, while it is running and without any warning makes impossible to strategise. If nothing else you guys could have given us two weeks notice on the updates, so we could tweak our strategies accordingly and plan ahead.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:20 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

they dotn have to give warnings.. they can do it whenever they want. it was in the terms of service.. stating tacticsoft doesnt have to give warnings for any updates on there games.

and 2 weeks is too much
this is just fine.. it works and makes people think on the fly.. if all planned out its no fun.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:27 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

when will ticks resume?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:03 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

what is up with the outposts? i hit sombodies outpost with 12 squads and once i conquered the outpost it sent my units back to the original outpost wich is 8 ticks away and it will not let me turn my units back either.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:08 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I own a crystal, but I'm not getting resource bonus from it? Is that because my alliance is too large and there aren't enough crystals to go around? I'm not understanding that aspect of the update.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:27 pm 
Captain
Captain

Zhester wrote:
Is 40 the maximum amount of workers you can get every 24 ticks?

40 is base growth amount, there is no maximum. The formula is now:

40 - [(Workers / 50) * 3] - (outposts * 1) + Farm Structure

Southern_Smoke wrote:
what is up with the outposts? i hit sombodies outpost with 12 squads and once i conquered the outpost it sent my units back to the original outpost wich is 8 ticks away and it will not let me turn my units back either.

Not sure on that one, please post that in the help section in a new article.

Daganev wrote:
I own a crystal, but I'm not getting resource bonus from it? Is that because my alliance is too large and there aren't enough crystals to go around? I'm not understanding that aspect of the update.

Check your management screen, what's the number where it says crystals/relics?

Lastly to answer your question merlin4 these balance changes have come into effect after several meetings with a group of players & myself. 1 of the members is a Sr. mod, the other 2 are BD Veterans and we have been going over every aspect of the game since launch to make sure it is balanced. We're not trying to bring in much in the way of "sweeping" changes but the client is still too rough and more balancing will be needed in the future. Being as this is the first round in the client there is still more balancing ahead. Balancing takes time because the features need to be tested over time to know the full effect they will have. We carefully review the balancing changes before they are implemented and try to balance the game between offense and defense.

-Andrew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:32 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

All the updates so far have been steps forward - but...

I feel the most recent update is more of a step sideways - shrug.

It's still good to see the staff is continuing to tweek and work out the kinks - it is too bad it happens during the round but its still an even playing field since the changes affect everyone at the same time and noone gets a warning. Plus - they can't warn people about these changes cuz they probably don't know they are going to be implimented right up until they add them. Such is life.

Oh and by the way - be careful how much you let "BD veterans" determine how the game is balanced - especially when they are playing in the round and have the success of their alliances at stake. But I have no idea who you have been talking to so... ignore me if this is already being taken into account.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next