I have a few thoughts on this update.
My first thought is that it's fantastic to get some new features in the game, bugs fixed, and things improved. Though I will forever make my first complaint:
Where is Experience?!
On the the actual content of the update.
2) Design change in the recruit screen to recruit multiple units much easier.
Awesome, it's a feature I won't use due to being used to shift clicking the unit cards, but a good addition.
14) Resource outposts updated to add +0.5 to all alliance member's worker growth for the owner of the outpost.
Awesome, I've been waiting forever for this and am glad to see it's finally here.
15) Force relocation changed so that you cannot force relocate a colony/castle to an outpost that has squads on it or moving to or away from it.
Why? Is this for your alliances squads or ALL squads? Bouncing players back from attacking my full control OPs is a valid tactic that we should not get rid of. I don't understand why you would want to get rid of this. I think we should remove this part of the update unless there is some unforeseen problem that I am missing. Please explain here.
24) Losses spread out more evenly in battles with multiple players.
I would be very interested in knowing the new algorithm. Does it still kill low HP units first? Does it still target certain weapons first? If this works properly it can be great, I just hope it didn't ruin any of the other priority mechanics.
44) Changes to training and relocation, you can only train a maximum of 30 soldiers(10 tanks, 15 vehicles or 30 infantry, or a mix) at a time in your training base or colony. You can now also relocate with a full squad of units in your colony/castle.
Good change, I like this.
50) Added mute button for the tutorial as requested by many players.
52) New advisors feature added, occasionally you will get an advisors event(Lightbulb icon) in your events which when clicking on it will give you 3 advisors who will give you different recommendations on building, attacking, etc. This is brand new so please give us feedback about how the advisors work and any improvements you guys would like to them!
Am very interested in seeing how this turns out and how the feature evolves.
53) We've added back in the music player with some new tracks and a new design. You can now customize which songs will and will not play in the playlist and you can adjust the volume, Adjusting it to 0 will turn it off. The settings for the music player are world specific and will persist after you log off.
I'm glad we have this feature but it's very annoying. It doesn't seem to disable properly, every time I am on the world select screen it blares music at me. I think we need a global account variable so I can shut it off completely, this goes for the pop ups as well which pop up every single time.
55) Added in a battle calculator into the game, it can be accessed via the statistics page or from any battle report.
Seems buggy, can't get it to work yet, but after this feature is fixed I think this is fantastic.
61) You can now no longer trade resources to a player who is over the 15,000 metal/oil limit, regardless if they have the expanded storage or not.
Huh? Why. This is dumb. If everyone has 20k oil and I am topping off and want to give my extra to someone I'd like to be able to give it to someone with 15k oil if he has the least. What about someone doing multiple ions/spy attacks? I'd like to be able to give them 20k oil before they do the energy intensive actions before they have to do it all, otherwise it can be an annoying step of sending them oil 2-3 times within a few minutes just because of this silly rule.
If this is to fix some exploits, there are better ways to do it.
I have a couple final thoughts. Let me globally disable the music, let me disable the popups. Let me relocate conquers to outposts again. Give me XP! We need more updates that increase the abilities of the skilled player, the resource outpost change was a nice touch, the built in battle calculator will be awesome when it's working. We are moving in the right direction but we NEED EXPERIENCE! And we need to not get rid of tactics for smart players to force battles, like relocating conquers in the way of people's armies.