It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Updates! July 1st, 2010
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:16 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I think its annoying to have to fill up a squad before more units can be made in ur base cos it takes soo long XD

and i gotta get all my hard earned achievements again

damn...i dont think i'll get top 5 alliance achievement again anytime soon...

~Mars 1 IND Alliance leader Doubt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:30 am 
Private
Private

Well don't I feel noobish coming here with my second post ever, oh well. Most Kong players don't come to the bd.com forums, heck they barely use the BD forums on Kong so I figured I might as well voice some complaints. I am not claiming this is everyones opinion, but it feels fairly consistent amongst the top (ie usually most active) players.

1) The resource limit - it's my understanding that the resource limit was always supposed to be in place. It is however extremely frustrating, let's assume I have a decent income of 2000/tick, so I'd need to log on every 7 ticks.

1 tick world - Every 7 hours.
2 tick world - Every 3 hrs 30 mins.
3 tick world - Every 2 hrs 20 mins.
6 tick world - Every 1 hr 10 mins.

Sure I can increase the limit to 30000, which I usually do because I hate micromanaging the resources but that would still mean sleeping for less than 2 1/2 hours on a speed world and less than 5 hours on a 3 tick world. This is assuming I have 2000 per tick, it's not hard to have a larger income that that.

2) Training limit - this is just incredibly silly. When I first noticed the limit I figured - hey maybe I can build more barracks like in other games! Nope, I couldn't. I see absolutely no logic behind this decision, the only thing it achieves game play wise is making heavies even worse. I can now train 90 inf compared to 10 heavies. Sorry but hindering boosters is hardly an issue, you can still rush units or just wait 2 ticks. If you want to spam ranged, that's 6000 per squad without overhead. If you boost you can make 46000 over 144 ticks, that averages out to ~320 per tick. Sure it might hinder them slightly, but they can still rush.

3) Advisors and music - Ooooh pretty shiny new toys! Though they are fairly pointless, I'd rather see new features that actually add things (like the long wanted global vacation) or fixing bugs which bring me to my next point.

4) Bugs - I managed to reproduce the wreck bug pretty much instantly. I managed to select a colony in vacation though I haven't managed to with a missile. Might be that I just gave up, it's a bother with a mousepad.

5) Achievements - Meh, would be nice if they worked but doesn't really matter. It's pretty cool having 300+ power and rank 1 without having conquered a single colony.

In both the worlds I'm playing I had a member doing pretty well, rank 1 on M1 and rank 3 on M3. The second he realised the changes he quit the alliances and asked us to conquer him, his reason? The change of focus from strategy to micromanagement. The real change this update presents is really rewarding those that are active.

Sure some might say this is a good thing, that it shouldn't be a hobby you can spend just a couple of minutes every day on. I find this mindset quit boggling, so good players that are low on time shouldn't have a chance? Is the game only for people with no other time consuming responsibilities? I am fairly sure I read somewhere that this game was supposed to be something you could log on once or twice a day and still do decently. When did that goal change?

Maybe I'm stupid but I'd rather see changes that enhances game play or fixes the bugs properly. If that can't achieved, couldn't at least the units be balanced?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:55 am 
Private
Private

Mentioned the new Earth person... ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:58 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Quote:
In both the worlds I'm playing I had a member doing pretty well, rank 1 on M1 and rank 3 on M3. The second he realised the changes he quit the alliances and asked us to conquer him, his reason? The change of focus from strategy to micromanagement. The real change this update presents is really rewarding those that are active.

??? micro manegment how?
just because you cant put recruit 100 units straight into your base and then wait for them to finish while the attack comes you HAVE to rush the units this way. how does that make it micromaneging?

(Deleted all my screenshots)

F6 - The Admins Puppet of Fantasy 6

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:13 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Andrew wrote:

15) Force relocation changed so that you cannot force relocate a colony/castle to an outpost that has squads on it or moving to or away from it.

-Andrew

This new update regarding Force Relocation affects many tactics that many of us use, if we force relocate a colony in middle of a tick or at the beggining anyone can attack it if he is at a 3 tick distance because its the same distance for me too now... atleast we had the privilage of a 2 tick distance which was decent before the change.
Maybe im wrong but i still dont like how this was fixed and has affected one of my favourite tactics.

Cheers
Unky

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:14 am 
Private
Private

Rewiind wrote:
??? micro manegment how?
just because you cant put recruit 100 units straight into your base and then wait for them to finish while the attack comes you HAVE to rush the units this way. how does that make it micromaneging?

Quote:
In gaming, micromanagement describes minor, detailed gameplay elements that must be manually addressed by the player.
Source: Wikipedia

Yes it is micromanagement, having to train, wait for 2-6 ticks and then train over and over again is micromanagement. If they wished to make sure that the issue you mentioned is fixed they could add a queu.

Just because something isn't micromanage like in Starcraft where it's minute movements to surround an enemy zergling doesn't mean it's not micromanagement.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:37 am 
Private
Private

Um major problem here i attacked a guy and conquered him and instead of my units returing to mu outpost they stayed on the guy like i was sending the units to him not attacking him

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:13 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

man guys these are some great updates but why is my world opening so late I see only a black screen the load bar and the announcement bar.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:16 am 
Private
Private

muhammadbehroz wrote:
man guys these are some great updates but why is my world opening so late I see only a black screen the load bar and the announcement bar.

Tried clearing your cache and refreshing?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:40 am 
Private
Private

muhammadbehroz wrote:

I had to use IE instead of Chrome/Firefox...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next