It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Updates! July 1st, 2010
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:38 pm 
Captain
Captain

Very tired right now was out and just got back so I'll make this brief but answer as much of the feedback as possible:

Bounties were removed due to heavy exploitation in many worlds, apologies for not mentioning it in the post I had meant to but rushed the changelog out :).

Achievements being reset was something that I pushed to have done because a large amount of players(Literally thousands...) had a lot of the achievements but never earned them due to issues involving Havoc. I know that this is going to frustrate many people and I apologize for this but I feel it's a necessary step. I've sent all the issues surrounding achievements to the programmers as well as the other issues noted in the thread. For some reason there are several issues that have come up since the patch went live that were not happening in our test environment, and I was hoping for a smooth patch... :lol:

I'm not sure why people are reportedly producing less since the update, if anyone is absolutely sure that they are producing less than they were previously please check your conquers tab and make sure the totals you should be producing are adding up, please note which world(s) you are having the problem in so we can investigate your colonies. Thank you.

I've noted the feedback about the homepage music being so loud and not being able to have a persistent preference to have it muted, we'll improve this so those who don't want the music can turn it off permanently. Also the news popping up as "New" every time will be fixed, it should only display new news since your last login.

I understand that many of you are upset about the changes to training that you can only train up to 30 soldiers at a time. This was a change that was necessary for balance and really should have been in a long time ago. With being able to train unlimited units it meant that a player could spam out hundreds of units in a few ticks without having to sacrifice extra workers for the expedited army and easily counter an attack.

This is the list of bugs I sent to the programmers:

1) The battle calculator is trying to link to dev.battlegate.net, asking players to log in

2) Cannot attack outposts and relics for players on vacation

3) Complaints about the background music on the server select page, suggest lowering the volume if possible and/or making the preference to have it disabled persistent.

4) Player reported their metal income being ~100 less from taxation, investigating the cause.

5) Portal news always shows up as new even after you've read it.

6) 2 bugs in the voting page: 2 of the voting links(IDs 8 & 29) have no image. After voting the links do not disappear and give a time when they will appear again. Makes it look as if you didn't click them already, players are not getting extra tokens for clicking them though so it's just a display issue.

7) "Free Tokens" button in the bonuses tab just takes you to the homepage.

8) Getting many complaints that achievements are not working for capturing outposts, wreckage, UFOs, etc.

I'm off to bed, I'll be on in the morning to check on these and sit with the developers to get these ironed out. Please keep feedback and any bug reports coming guys.

Also I haven't seen any comments about our new "Eye Candy" on the server select page :lol:

-Andrew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:53 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Andrew wrote:
Very tired right now was out and just got back so I'll make this brief but answer as much of the feedback as possible:

Bounties were removed due to heavy exploitation in many worlds, apologies for not mentioning it in the post I had meant to but rushed the changelog out :).

Achievements being reset was something that I pushed to have done because a large amount of players(Literally thousands...) had a lot of the achievements but never earned them due to issues involving Havoc. I know that this is going to frustrate many people and I apologize for this but I feel it's a necessary step. I've sent all the issues surrounding achievements to the programmers as well as the other issues noted in the thread. For some reason there are several issues that have come up since the patch went live that were not happening in our test environment, and I was hoping for a smooth patch... :lol:

I'm not sure why people are reportedly producing less since the update, if anyone is absolutely sure that they are producing less than they were previously please check your conquers tab and make sure the totals you should be producing are adding up, please note which world(s) you are having the problem in so we can investigate your colonies. Thank you.

I've noted the feedback about the homepage music being so loud and not being able to have a persistent preference to have it muted, we'll improve this so those who don't want the music can turn it off permanently. Also the news popping up as "New" every time will be fixed, it should only display new news since your last login.

I understand that many of you are upset about the changes to training that you can only train up to 30 soldiers at a time. This was a change that was necessary for balance and really should have been in a long time ago. With being able to train unlimited units it meant that a player could spam out hundreds of units in a few ticks without having to sacrifice extra workers for the expedited army and easily counter an attack.

This is the list of bugs I sent to the programmers:

1) The battle calculator is trying to link to dev.battlegate.net, asking players to log in

2) Cannot attack outposts and relics for players on vacation

3) Complaints about the background music on the server select page, suggest lowering the volume if possible and/or making the preference to have it disabled persistent.

4) Player reported their metal income being ~100 less from taxation, investigating the cause.

5) Portal news always shows up as new even after you've read it.

6) 2 bugs in the voting page: 2 of the voting links(IDs 8 & 29) have no image. After voting the links do not disappear and give a time when they will appear again. Makes it look as if you didn't click them already, players are not getting extra tokens for clicking them though so it's just a display issue.

7) "Free Tokens" button in the bonuses tab just takes you to the homepage.

8) Getting many complaints that achievements are not working for capturing outposts, wreckage, UFOs, etc.

I'm off to bed, I'll be on in the morning to check on these and sit with the developers to get these ironed out. Please keep feedback and any bug reports coming guys.

Also I haven't seen any comments about our new "Eye Candy" on the server select page :lol:

-Andrew

if this is true that the training only 1 squad at a time isnt going anywere ..im through with Battledawn ...apologys for this , but , its not acceptable to me , as far as the achievments go , no biggy really , but having to wait every 4 ticks to build just 1 veh. squad is a no go , and i just dont have the patiance , for an already slow enouph and trying Game . :roll:

since i joined BD in auG of 09 , this game has changed so much its no were near the same Game .
its been nice playing with you Guys & Galls , Good By !! :cry:

i will keep checking the forums from time to time , if you guys ever get rid of this training cap , pm me please in case i dont catch it on the forums .

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:18 am 
Private
Private

I am using FireFox to play BD and the Advisers do not function properly, the music player is not available and the in game chat system will not allow me to type. All of these are working fine in IE.

Never mind, I just closed IE and started playing in FireFox and they seem to be working now :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:49 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

ok for the training

my opinion, that unlimited = bad yes I can agree to that
but I think 30 units is too harsh of a cut and it should be either 60 or 90

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:58 am 
Private
Private

I had all achievements :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:01 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Zudamar wrote:
ok for the training

my opinion, that unlimited = bad yes I can agree to that
but I think 30 units is too harsh of a cut and it should be either 60 or 90

it is only 30 units if it is infantry .. i only build vehichles ..and i know for a fact i can only build 15 veh. units at a time ..and if tanks i assume only 10 .

you guys already make it tuff with the price of the units always going up , now you ppl. make it tuff to build them period .. idk , this is madness !! :lol:

id like to know who is going to pay for tokens when your resourse's are going to keep pace and surpass your production rate !! not me , that for sure , no reason to .

you wait and see , i bet this dosent work ..( I hope :lol: )

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:22 am 
Private
Private

Ok first of all that was quite a decent update fixing many things.
I believe bugs are still in need to be fixed and i hope we can have every aspect of this update working as fast as possible.

My feedback and notes so far :

1) Have the score tha relics give changed ? I see people with relics in better rankings without change in power or crystals.

2) I also agree that the unit experience is missing from this game and i hope we see it again on the next update.

3) Why do u people keep complaining about the 30 soldiers recruiting limit ? IT is about time this game gets a bit more challenging than an 10 minute hobby a day. U can make so many units without having to be active to conquer others etc it is time that it at least requires to spend some time on it. Very good add on my opinion.

4) My comment on the overhead is that should not be removed. I know it is hard but let's face it unit numbers has increased so much that it gets ridiculous on some point at least u should pay the fact that u can have a huge army.

5) Also could we get the alliance chat get faster updated so that it becomes a lot more usefull ?

6) Since the resourche cap has been fixed maybe u should consider to increase it to at least 20k default. I mean 15k is practically half a day production for some people so it would make them lose lots of resourches in just a few hours offline the game.

7) I wanted also to ask something very important. I understand that u cannot buy workers if u are over 1000 and it's a good thing but why people having more than 1000 workers lost them ? I mean u still can have over 1000 if u buy some or raze outposts. Why did we lose the workers we had worked so hard to get when there is not an update that indicates that we can no longer have more than 1000 workers.

8) Also i don't know if it is a server problem or a bugg but i still don't get simple achievements after the rest like conquer a colony or an outpost although i have done these things. U should look into it to see what happens.

9) AT last a battle calculator (after it works properly) is a great add and a necessary tool so thanks for that.

In general a good update and i hope we don't need to go through other server issues until we see all these working.
That's all so far.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:38 am 
Private
Private

The 30 soldiers a time, limit is so uncool.

Why did you'll come up with it?

It doesn't help anyone, newbs are the one who build more at a time with no overhead. The active players can't build more than one squad a time anyway.
So who is it really helping?

Its really bad especially if your under attack you can't even build squads to save your life.. :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:50 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Dislikes the 30 soldier limit in the base, that's my main concern. if I have alot of metal, and I want to build alot of squads, why stop me? Just another way to put people down. if I've got 23k metal(max u can get from all 3 metal boosts), and I bought it to buy units, why stop me from it? That's very upsetting and I would like it gonel

"Nukes are like hard liquer-They make people feel tougher than they really are"-CSTORM666

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:06 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Bah i really liked everything until i saw the limit in building units... i think it is not right to cut the building system that way. There should be a change in it seriously. So when i have over metal / oil production what must i do with it? convert it or just trade it? WAIT theres also a limit in trading if someone has a over stacked m/o i cant even send it to him . Is this some sort of nightmare?xD.

Cheers
Unky

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next