1. Added: New server list page, separated tabs for the different themes and a tab for worlds you have active colonies on.
Good, I also think we should list the activity ticks as "Ticks since last login" instead of "Tick last logged in".
2. Added: Facebook connect is now supported (through facebook battledawn).
This is a good thing that will attract new players, but we need to focus on making BD better, not just attracting new blood. The better the game gets the more players we'll get through word of mouth anyway.
3. Tweak: Outpost cost increased to 500 metal, 50 oil and 15 workers, was 300 metal/oil and 10 workers.
50 oil? Is this a typo and should be 500? The point of increasing OP costs should be to lower OP counts on the world, but we need to be sure to increase the raze reward by a comparable amount so we're not just removing more resources from the game. We do enough of that already.
4. Added: players can now see all garrisons, metal mines and oil wells in their relics tab in community screen.
Yes! This is a good thing, I'd like them to all be visible despite lack of radar also so I can zoom out and see them all.
5. Fixed: Bug with battle reports being broken and unable to be opened.
Good, that can be very frustrating.
6. Fixed: Client no longer forces a full refresh after a boost purchase.
Not a huge deal.
7. Fixed: Token counts on top left refresh properly now, no longer requires a re-log.
Neat, but nothing big here.
8. Fixed: Players can no longer build colonies / outposts or move relics 250 pixels from the vertical borders and 70 pixels from the horizontal borders.
It always looked weird with players hovering off the edge, this is good.
9. Fixed: Flying dragons mouse hit area reduced greatly.
This is good, click areas for huge things like that can be a pain.
10. Fixed: Docked dragons mouse hit area is now in place.
Another good fix.
11. Fixed: Un-iconed events regarding wreckages, metal mine outposts, oil well outposts and UFOs.
Not a huge deal, but handy.
12. Fixed: Bug with missiles activating shields.
Very good, that was annoying.
13. Fixed: Mouse cursor disappearance issues.
Also good, that was annoying.
14. Fixed: Outposts being upgradable at 12 ticks, now the proper 24 ticks.
Good, that changed game dynamics in an unintended way.
15. Fixed: Downgrading outposts can now only be done at 6 control ticks or more.
Good, I got sick of players immediately downgraded OPs they held for 1 tick.
16. Fixed: Relocation ticks required set to the proper 72 ticks on Fantasy, was 50.
17. Fixed: Pop-up message when trying to relocate with less than 72 ticks said you needed 50, corrected to show the proper 72.
18. Fixed: Vote intervals fixed, now 24hrs regardless of world speed.
Good, more resources for the little guys.
19. Fixed: Firing ion cannon at an armed silo will destroy the nuke.
Good to see this added again.
20. Fixed: My conquers list being refreshed properly after liberating a conquer.
21. Fixed: Bogus event stating you killed a spy whenever a spy action is executed.
VERY annoying bug, thanks for fixing.
22. Fixed: Event error when protection runs out and is not manually broken.
23. Fixed: spy infiltration display box size reverted to original
Graphics tweaks are handy, but nothing important.
24. Fixed: Infiltration ticks being lost when adding spy protection.
Good, but there are so many more things that need to be fixed with spies, in a later update I guess. We need to fix infiltration being cut in half on your own spy. When you only have one spy, this is a huge problem.
25. Fixed: Overhead not being rounded correctly.
Is it now being rounded up or down?
26. Tweaked: Removed vacationed colonies from the scoreboard.
I think this is good.
27. Tweaked: Razing outposts now gives 250 metal, 250 oil and 5 workers, downgrading an upgraded outpost(Any non-basic Outpost) gives 300 metal, 200 oil and 1 worker.
Razing neutral OPs need to be 300,300,5 since the cost of building them was increased.
28. Tweaked: Joining an alliance will now reset the control ticks of all relics you hold.
29. Tweaked: Resource cap reduced to 10,000 for non supporters, max relocation cost reduced from 15,000 oil to 10,000, supporters cap lowered back to 20,000.
30. Tweaked: The boost bar gives only metal small boost now, no oil boost anymore.
Why is this? I never found I had too much oil. If you're targeting players for having too much oil, you're not targeting me but I'm getting hit in the cross fire. In E4 it is still quite early in the game and already I'm noticing oil shortages. This is a problem. I don't like this at all.
31. Tweaked: Now 25 oil per tick squad movement, was 20.
I don't like this one bit, again with taking away my oil. I don't like it. When you take away resources like this you need to add it somewhere else. We are getting tired of just taking. If newbs having too much oil is a problem, then this sort of update needs to be balanced to where it gives veterans more oil... maybe an increase to the tax from oil (instead of it giving more metal than oil, make it even)... or add more oil OPs around the world so we can take them.
32. Tweaked: Re-worked worker growth, new formula is:
* Gain workers every 24 ticks
+ Base Growth 40
+ Conquers: 1 per conquer
+ Farm structures: 1, 3, 6, 10 or 15 depending on level.
+ Crystals: 0.04 per crystal.(+1 per 25 crystals)
- Worker Upkeep: -1 per 25 worker population(Was -3 per 50)
- Outpost Upkeep: -0.5 per outpost(was -0.75)
- Army Upkeep: -1 per 25 soldiers(Was -1 per 50)
- Missile Upkeep: -1 per missile
I am not sure how well this will work out, we'll need to see how it goes... overall worker income is up, which I like... but without a way to reduce army upkeep like you could in the old client it will get annoying now that armies are the main upkeep cost.
33. Tweaked: Added severe limitations on the capabilities of unregistered accounts to prevent exploitation and any unregistered accounts are automatically deleted 6hrs after placed if not registered.
Good, that was a problem.
34. Tweaked: Ion cannon cost lowered to 200E
Sounds good to me.
35. Added: Army statistics page showing the exact total unit count of each type of unit you have.
As long as I'm the only one that can see it.
36. Tweak: Conquers give no outpost and turn into a camp when deleted.
This is a decent tweak so long as the conquerer still gets the proper resources from this, but from what I'm understanding they won't... which is very irritating. More resources taken out of the game. With the increased OP costs at bare minimum the player needs to receive the raze reward for the deleting conquer, otherwise conquering is just a pain in the derriere with very little actual gain from it. Reducing the reward won't stop us from conquering newbs, we HAVE to do it to keep up... but you're just making it half as viable thereby forcing us to conquer newbs twice as fast to keep ahead. WE NEED THE RAZE REWARD IF WE DON'T GET THE OP.
37. Tweak: Breaking protection will now give you a 50% boost to worker metal/oil production and will last for the double the amount of remaining protection ticks you had before breaking protection.
This still might not be enough, but easily tweaked later.
38. Tweak: Overhead increased to 12% per 100 soldiers
I heard an interesting idea, a lot of the problems with overhead is the fact that when you have a huge army and you want to add a new squad to it, the overhead is high but you have the choice about whether you want to spend your resources on this... but when you're just replacing armor it is still a ridiculously high cost but you are no longer able to make a choice, you HAVE to replace that armor.
I think an increase like this needs to be matched with cutting overhead for ARMOR units in HALF. Down to 6%. I think this would add an interesting dynamic to choosing what to build. This would make it much less annoying to replace armor, which you have to do anyway, but it is still a choice for building a new squad complete with range or damage.
39. Added: Golden avatar frame boost
Need more upgrades like this, things to buy that don't change game mechanics.
40. Tweak: Changed boosts costs and benefits:
*Small Energy increased to 40 tokens
*Large Energy inreased to 60 tokens
*Big Storage increased to 100 tokens, increase cap from 10,000 to 20,000 for both metal and oil.
*Golden Colony increased to 100 tokens
*Metal production increased to 200 tokens and lasts 200 ticks, was 110 tokens for 100 ticks.
*Oil production increased to 170 tokens and lasts 200 ticks, was 90 tokens for 100 ticks.
Increasing costs across the board is annoying, things already cost a lot... I am most concerned here with the resource cap changes. Why was this done? With 10,000 metal you can't even build a full squad after you get your overhead to an average level. I don't agree with this.
We need to ADD resources to the game, not just take... reducing resources from conquering is not good because it means supporters don't have to support as much to keep ahead of the 'active but non-supporters'... increasing raze reward was good but I don't think it went far enough.
I also think we need worker OPs, not just metal and oil. But we also need more metal and oil OPs spread around. Conquering and OP razing is something everyone can do though so we need to make sure it stays profitable... and right now you're really hurting the benefit of conquering, I am convinced you think that you can stop people from conquering newbs, but you can't... it has an appeal that transcends resources most of the time, people like to conquer. All you are doing is making it more annoying with less reward, which is not what a game is supposed to be about.