It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Updates! December 14th!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:49 pm 
Private
Private

Andrew wrote:

Edit:
Pratish wrote:
Apart from the half delusional update...

My Active Metal Production boost is not working, and I paid for it in real cash, does that mean I wasted my cash buying tokens???

And you would really expect getting more cash doing like that??? :x

That's some sort of bug Pratish, not by design. Does it say that the boost is still active in your boost screen? What world is this on?

-Andrew

Yes it is still active but not working, and it is on Earth 1 server.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:59 pm 
Captain
Captain

LightGiver wrote:
I am having login difficulties from the update. I am running firefox 3.5.X with ubuntu 9.10

First the font is hard to read black letters and a dark blue background is a bad choice. Second when I log in I can not choose my world, only its type like mars or earth. It seems to have forgotten I played the game and it tried to get me to do the tutorial if i do click on 1.

That's odd, I'm running Windows XP(32-bit) and firefox 3.5.3 and this is how it should look:

Are you using some sort of a theme for firefox? it looks like it's using a black font which is why you cannot see any of the servers in the list. If you are try reverting to the default theme and see if it helps.

Pratish wrote:
Andrew wrote:

Edit:
Pratish wrote:
Apart from the half delusional update...

My Active Metal Production boost is not working, and I paid for it in real cash, does that mean I wasted my cash buying tokens???

And you would really expect getting more cash doing like that??? :x

That's some sort of bug Pratish, not by design. Does it say that the boost is still active in your boost screen? What world is this on?

-Andrew

Message me(Admin colony) in E1 if you haven't already so I can look into it, thanks.

-Andrew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:39 pm 
Captain
Captain

Quote:
Quote:

Message me(Admin colony) in E1 if you haven't already so I can look into it, thanks.

-Andrew

i ahve the same problem on m2 ... my metal/ worker prod boost is not active tho i have bought it and it shows its active in the boost section but still not receiving resources

i msgd u in m2 about it and waiting ur reply ...

also lost a bunch of power and cant seem to find out how ...

just for the heck of it .... overhead can go to hell :D just how i feel about the increased costs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:50 pm 
Captain
Captain

In response to the guy running Ubuntu. Flash just plain sucks on Linux right now, in all honesty I would be running only linux if battledawn was as smooth in ubuntu as it is in windows 7.

Before the update was your scrolling laggy as well as alot of other functions in BD?

@ Andrew, any attempt to public to facebook responds with a "Application response error"

bfan8475 wrote:
If i cant put up better comebacks to your insults then its called bullying since i cant put up a fight

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:05 pm 
Private
Private

The different skin you see only effects the top banner, it is the personas add-on.

But ya flash player does suck for linux right now. Before i had trouble with the buttons that are missing on my screenshot flashing whenever i moved the screen. I am actually upgrading right now to ubuntu 10.04 Alpha to see if they fixed the flash player in a upgrade.

*edit*

It isn't that the servers font is hard to read. The list is just not there

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:12 pm 
Captain
Captain

LightGiver, please PM me or add me on MSN to let me know if you are able to get BD working smooth in Linux. That and the lack of proper MSN client is the only thing keeping me from using ONLY linux.

bfan8475 wrote:
If i cant put up better comebacks to your insults then its called bullying since i cant put up a fight

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:04 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

are you kidding? span colonies are great!

they build no resource buildings...just all spam units so when u own them they have nothing to offer and just quit! how can you not love that!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:32 pm 
Captain
Captain

Redwurm wrote:
In response to the guy running Ubuntu. Flash just plain sucks on Linux right now, in all honesty I would be running only linux if battledawn was as smooth in ubuntu as it is in windows 7.

Before the update was your scrolling laggy as well as alot of other functions in BD?

@ Andrew, any attempt to public to facebook responds with a "Application response error"

I managed to get BattleDawn working on ubuntu 9.04... in a sort of "if you hit a dead horse enough..." way... There really needs to be work on flash player for linux, as you say.

I'll pass on the facebook thing for you!

Thanks alot,
St.Even

The Battle Dawn Staff:
Working with you, to make and maintain
the very best browser based game!

*Lemon-Flavoured, according to Andrew...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:50 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Woah!
What is with the extended resource cap only being 720 ticks?
First thing, that is a very short period, I think it should last the whole round.
Playing with a resource cap of 15k on double tick worlds is impossible, and hard on single tick worlds mainly with oil.
I usually sell some metal for tokens from my alliance members, but there is no way I can get 100 tokens every 720 ticks.

I think it should be the whole round again, or else you are forcing players (if you are in a good alliance getting tons of resources) to pay 100 tokens every 720 ticks, which is only 15 days.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:53 pm 
Captain
Captain

Yeah its all on the flash support. They will get there sooner or later, im wondering how its going to work on my Droid next month when they begin to offer full flash support (since its still a posix based os)

Also, facebook app works flawlessly now.
http://apps.facebook.com/battledawn/index.php

Well done guys, only thing is that their should be recommended servers for noobs since we have a lot of empty servers (E4!)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next